Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available in our footer and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested, such as on our logon screen and registration page.
Your Personal Information
We store different information depending on whether you are a guest, or a registered member on our site.
We maintain log files of all requests for files on this website's web servers to help us prevent DOS attacks and other suspicious behaviour such as crawlers or spiders. Our log files only capture your IP address, and do not capture any other personal information. These log files are pruned and removed on a rolling 30 day window automatically.
If you are a registered member, we store:
- The IP address at time of registration - We use this to help detect members who have multiple "alias" accounts which are against our rules.
- Username - This is set by you at registration time and is used as a public-facing identifier for you as a member. You can change this at any time by contacting an administrator.
- Email Address - This is set by you at registration time and is used to help us ensure you are a real user and not a "bot" account. This is then stored so that you can reset your password at any time should you forget it. You can change this at any time in the Settings section of your profile.
As a registered member you can also optionally enhance your profile by adding the following details which are public facing. These can be changed or removed at any time:
- Date of birth
- "About Me" Bio
- Your nationality
- Your location
- The club you support
- The club you are currently managing in-game
- Your favourite players
- Your interests
- Your Steam username
- Your Xbox gamertag
- Your PSN ID
- Your Twitter username
If you choose to post or comment on our forums, we also store the IP address you used at the time of the post. This is again used in order for us to help detect members using multiple "alias" accounts, or users who are sharing accounts. These per-post IPs are pruned every 60 days from our database.
If you are a registered user and wish to see all the data we hold on you, please contact an administrator who will be able to export and send a copy of your data to you within 30 days of the request.
Third Party Use
We use services from Google, Twitter and Facebook on our website, including:
We use Google Analytics to help us understand which pages our visitors are viewing and to learn about trends. Google will collect your IP address and generate a unique identifier for you including your browser and location/region. This data is anonymized and we cannot identify a specific user at any point.
You can install the official Google Analytics browser add-on if you wish to avoid your data being collected.
We use Google Adsense in order to help us finance the running of the website. Depending on the specific advertisment, your IP address may be sent to the advertiser in order to target you based on your location or any historical interests from other sites you have visited.
You can amend your preferences at any time on the official Ad Settings section of Google.
At the bottom of every discussion topic, we include a "Tweet" button and a "Like" button for quick social sharing and to include counts of how many users have already shared the topic. These services may collect your IP address in order to track your interaction with these buttons for their own analytical purposes.
For more information on these services' privacy policies, please refer to them directly:
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
Cookies set by this site are not shared with any third parties and any cookies that are set by are used solely on a per session basis. Specifically, we set the following cookies:
- ips4_IPSSessionFront - A per-visit unique identifier which we use for immediate notifications to your browser.
- ips4_device_key - A one-way hashed identifier for your device and browser containing your User Agent which is used within your own settings section to identify where your account is currently logged in, allowing you to log out other sessions.
- ips4_ipsTimezone - A per-visit predicted Timezone based on the location of your IP address. This is only used within your browser in order for the timestamps of posts to appear correctly.
- ips4_login_key - A one-way hashed identifier of your password so that we can confirm you are logged in. If you have "Remember Me" checked on the login form, this will be a static cookie for 365 days.
ips4_member_id - A unique identifier for your account in our database which we use to verify the
ips4_login_keycookie against. If you have "Remember Me" checked on the login form, this will be a static cookie for 365 days.
The Cookies that are set by this site are required in order for this website to function correctly. If you do not agree to these Cookies being stored on your device, please do not proceed with logging in to the website or registering. Disabling cookies in your web browser will give you a very limited, if not unusable experience of our website because of these limitations.
There are also potential Cookies that are set by third-parties (specifically, Google, Facebook and Twitter). These cookies are used for:
- Personal advertising preferences, if you have a Google account and are logged in at the same time as visiting this site.
- Anonymous visitor tracking information. Such as measuring the number of new vs. returning visitors this site is receiving.
- Submitting posts to your Facebook and Twitter account(s), should this be enabled in your settings area.
Right to Deletion
If you are a member on this website and wish to have your account deleted, please contact an administrator via private message or email (admin [at] fm-view [dot] net) to get yourself removed from our account database.
We do not explicitly delete your content at the same time as this, and will instead mark your content as a "Guest" post. If you disagree with this, please include your request in your contact with us to discuss your options.
If you wish to delete a specific topic or post you have made, please contact an administrator via private message or email (admin [at] fm-view [dot] net) to discuss your options.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important for us. Although we do not restrict our registration systems to a specific age group, no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If we come across a member of this age we will do our best to remove any personally identifiable information about this member.