FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Juno

FMV Questionnaire

Please take some time out of your hectic schedules to fill in the FMV Questionnaire. Your feedback is integral to the sites progress, we want your ideas and your input to continue to make FMV the best fan site around.

Mainsite

Do you visit our mainsite?

How often?

If you dont then why?

Is is updated enough?

Do you like the design?

What type of content do you like most?(player guides, team guides, articles about FM, FM tips and hints,etc)

How could we improve it?

Forums

What would you like to see in the FM Sections?

What would you like to see in the OT Sections?

Are the staff doing enough?

What more could they do?

Which forum do you visit the most?(FM forum, Current Game forum, Sports forum, etc

General

Why did you join FMV?

Why did you join the scene?

FMVs strengths?

How can we further improve these?

FMVs weaknesses?

How can we improve these?

What makes you keep coming back to FMV?

Any further comments?

Please post your responses in this thread.

Thanks, FMV Staff team.

Mainsite

Do you visit our mainsite?

Yes!

How often?

Once a week!

Is is updated enough?

Nein

Do you like the design?

Yes. Its all there, I can see whats on offer and it even has a wee scroller.

What type of content do you like most?(player guides, team guides, articles about FM, FM tips and hints,etc)

FM articles and other peoples experiences of the game do it for me. General tips and insights are always lovely too, shit like scouting, training and all that mardy bum

How could we improve it?

More updates on the mainsite and maybe more regular mainsite features.

Forums

What would you like to see in the FM Sections?

Posts \o/ Topics \o/ New people to talk too \o/

What would you like to see in the OT Sections?

A Hearts fan and some more activity

Are the staff doing enough?

Its all too inconsistent, from staff and members. FMV needs to find consistency from somewhere. The staff could definitely do more on the topics and posting fronts.

What more could they do?

Play FM and then talk about it

Which forum do you visit the most?(FM forum, Current Game forum, Sports forum, etc

FM forum, I do like to talk to myself.

General

Why did you join FMV?

AFC made me post up some of my brilliant FM pieces.

Why did you join the scene?

For player tips, wonderkids and all that.

FMVs strengths?

FM discussion, a good mainsite, some good GFX creators.

How can we further improve these?

More FM posts, more mainsite updates and more GFX downloads

FMVs weaknesses?

The OT atm, its all so quiet.

How can we improve these?

Posting is key, some consistency is a must.

What makes you keep coming back to FMV?

Nexus and the hope of finding a new FM post from a new face(its been good recently, we've had some new members come in and some OT faces popping in to FM post \o/)

Any further comments?

More people need to talk about FM. Atm its just a few people talking about the game even though Im pretty sure everyone here has it.

I wish more folk would comment on CG threads, gives people more motivation to keep them updated.

Mainsite

Do you visit our mainsite? Daily most of the time - does that make sense?

How often? I just said.

If you dont then why? I DO!

Is is updated enough? Not really, but I get that. It's a pain in the arse to update and it's tough to think of constant material.

Do you like the design? It's better than most, not the best but it does it's job.

What type of content do you like most?(player guides, team guides, articles about FM, FM tips and hints,etc) I fucking hate player and team guides. It's waste of time. Articles about the game, tips and so on - great. Opinions.

How could we improve it? Write some of it? I dunno.

Forums

What would you like to see in the FM Sections? A new skin.

What would you like to see in the OT Sections? A new skin.

Are the staff doing enough? Define enough. Probably not, they're hardly on - apart from Nexus who doesn't leave sadly. Most staff are on, Q (although he's not staff *insert ninja emote*), the blue haiered one and Gers. I don't see the others on too much - could be bad timing maybe.

What more could they do? Talk.

Which forum do you visit the most?(FM forum, Current Game forum, Sports forum, etc) Fanboys now, LW before, SI, then here. Susie occasionally. That's it - I'm either banned or deleted from the others.

General

Why did you join FMV? Promises of rape. Never came to fruition. I joined to spam the Scene section with links to LW iirc.

Why did you join the scene? I was mentally unwell and Matthew Quartz used that to lure me to Goal-Kick.

FMVs strengths? You have some good writers, when they can be bothered or inspired to write. That's about it in truth imo.

How can we further improve these? Write?

FMVs weaknesses? Lack of atmosphere, it's seemed to fall apart from the latter end of last year. There is effort in places but it reminds me a lot of Goal-Kick at times. I genuinely believe you need to work with another site tbh. - as outragous as that sounds, I think you'd be on top form if you did.

How can we improve these? Merge with someone who's in the same boat. Double up and use your skills as a unit instead of random moments of individuals doing something.

What makes you keep coming back to FMV? I have no idea really. I don't participate, the discussion isn't something I'm interested in. I think it's just to see if you're doing anything, making a podcast or a new article is up. I tend to leave as fast as I come in truth.

Any further comments? Don't take this offensively \o/

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The forum I visit the most would probably be the Scene one. I click view new content, after the Scene section - if there is a new post. That's my daily routine.

Theres obviously not much activity atm so there must be a reason why. For all yous who are rarely visiting nor posting just now, why? What would encourage yous to post with some regularity?

I've already given my points of these in the staff room ages ago before yous point out the irony /o\

Theres obviously not much activity atm so there must be a reason why. For all yous who are rarely visiting nor posting just now, why? What would encourage yous to post with some regularity?

I've already given my points of these in the staff room ages ago before yous point out the irony /o\

For me i think it is just down to boredom with FMV, Yeah it looks new from when i joined but it doesn't feel new.

Dont think il change in the near future, Just hope everybody else lets you know their reason's.

Lack of interesting topics, lack of replies to the interesting topics? If you post in the FM sections you know that basically Skacel will reply and that'll be about it. For the amount of people that are online at any given time it's the same handful of faces who are actually posting - maybe people are afraid to post because they see the boards dominated by a select few? I don't know, but for me I don't post in the FM sections because I'm not playing FM10 at all and I post occassionally in the off-topic areas largely because I find the topics uninteresting.

I don't want to sound pessimistic but I think we're up against it this year because FM2010 isn't capturing the imagination of a lot of people. We lost a generation of gamers between CM)1/02 and Football Manager 2003 because it got more complex. I think we're now losing another generation because it's become even more complex. That is the main reason for the lack of FM activity.

Every time I ask someone why they're not posting in the FM sections I get the same response 'I'm still playing FM2009' or 'I'm not really playing FM2010'.

I will be looking at getting a few challenges up to get people interested in playing. We need to give the members an incentive. We also need to find new members. CarlosBaggie is the first prominant new member in fuck knows how long. We've still got the main member base we had 3-4 years ago! That has to change.

The site has only existed for 2 years numbnuts :P New members are the key for you guys. The bad news is that no matter what challenge you put up, I won't be playing FM10, and I suspect a number of people will be the same. So you are on a hiding to nothing in a lot of respects.

Sorry, I'm including the days of Goal-Kick as well because a lot of the members here were involved over there as well e.g. Jordo, John, Niniev, Gers etc.

You are right though, new members are key. Maybe you also fancy starting another current game Dan? Maybe go someone in a foreign league this time? If you hadn't done Hometown last year your involvement might not have been as intense.

It absolutely wouldn't because I wouldn't have been playing the game. The problem is I just don't enjoy playing the new game, so it seems pointless to have to battle through a game I don't like....AND THEN write about it too! I mean I'm still playing the same current game from FM09, I just don't really update it anymore!

There's just generally nothing to reply to or anything. I made an effort a few weeks back posting 30+ times a day but even then it was myself, Gers and Skacel debating something between ourselves 90% of the time. It's boring, can do that on MSN if I wanted to, no need for a forum.

With coursework deadlines looming I've barely played it in the last fortnight, even when I do load it up it's not addictive or anything. Much prefer COD and FIFA to FM this year. Having said that, I don't even play them as much as previous years.

Generally the member base is just shit now. Which is a harsh thing to say but when you look back over all the class members, so many of them have left and not been "replaced", if that's the best word. GD, Manuel, Theo, Luke, Jack, Osgood, Tommy, Rich, Dangtfc, AFC, Daremz... The list goes on. Many of them still post now but no where near as much as before. Even people like White, Chilvers, Jingo who may not be in the epic members category (no offence boys ;|) are rarely coming back now. As you say, Carlos is pretty much the only new member since FM10 launched.

Staff haven't done much from a view of a member. There might be countless ideas being talked about in the staff room but only about 10% of them ever come onto the forums. Tbh they don't post enough either, as much as it needs member interaction, it also needs staff to give the forums a kick up the arse once in a blue moon and maybe even take part in the forum activities etc.

Also, the server is fucking shite. Countless times over the past month i've posted something only to get an error page.

Finally, Lee. One word seems to epitomise this site at times. How many times has Nin or someone mentioned an epic idea only for them to need something from Lee (maybe not so much now as Nin gets full access iirc?), but when Lee first when MIA it was an absolute joke.

No worries John. Your comments are appreciated and understandable. Currently we are on a massive recruitment scouting mission and Rob's work so far has been brilliant. We are on the verge of recruiting two great talents in the next week or so and many more will be on their way in the form of staff and members.

FM View is going to be showing signs of growth again now but we need you guys to post to keep us active. We have hundreds of people visiting this board every day so let's create some discussion and make the most of it.