FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Qzinho

As requested by John ...

Reality FM

*rebrand FMB's LLM \o/

*I play with the hardcore LLM rules most of the time - I just don't start in the bottom league all the time

*So hardcore rules to play the game without cheating but not in the lower leagues \o/

Thee FM Bible

I've had this idea since FM06, it's in the old MC forums, The old Gk forums and probably mentioned by myself & Skacel in the LW staff room as well.

Inspired by this

Not everyone wants to or is able to be connected to the internet when playing FM, but might need reminding of something = Basic game guides packaged into a pdf for people to download and use with FMV's name splashed all over it \o/

Saved Game Doctor

This time last year at GK I had the idea of the "Saved Game Doctor". Basically for people who are struggling with their game, they upload it - someone has a nose around and gives them suggestions to hopefully turn their season or career round.

FMV Vs The AI

More a long term idea than a 3 second throw together ....

Was thinking of scenarios to try to see if we can work out how the AI works

Take the team with the lowest reputation in a league, work out the Average CA's & PA's of the rest of the teams in the league and see if a team with the league average CA/PA with the lowest reputation can finish above last position with an AI Manager.

Then throw in different types of manager to see what effects that then has on the AI

There's more here I just can't think of it at the moment ......

The saved game AI challenge

The saved game idea is to create the same game for 5 people and let them loose and basically see which style is the most successful. Then we could write an article or whatever on why they succeeded and what they did so good.

Player guides

Something I've been trying to change for at least the last two years is Player guides ...

Player guides as has become the norm across the scene are nothing more than the information screen typed out.

The real information that people would find useful is ....

* What formations suit/don't suit the player

* Their general attitude

* How lazy a fecker they are in training

* how they react to teamtalks & media speculation.

Basically management guides rather than scouting guides. Most of the player guides across the scene are worthless as the people they are aimed at use Genie etc. already

It's about encouraging people to play the game instead of cheating the game.

Review Panel

Doesn't necessarily need to be staff maybe 3 or 4 decent regulars.

When someone uploads a tactic or training schedule have a stock of 2 or 3 saved games so they can be judged by the same standards as the one before. They could offer some advice to improve it or by trying it with different clubs/setups people can find out that this tactic works perfect for lower leagues or if it only works for technically good teams etc

FM vs the real world

Run the top leagues from across Europe and then week by week we'll compare how FM did against the real life teams. The game will have to be run before the season starts as you can no longer set fixtures

John and began doing this but everyone ignored it :(

FM Virtual world thingy

The virtual-world type thing is basically just running a game and creating BBC style site that just blogs the game/AI from the title challenge to the relegation battle. It would be a great addition and a very interesting read for the members.

Coaching Badges/Mentoring

To manage in the Premier League you need a Pro Licence, lot's of coaches also have the A licence as well.

Get a load of the more experienced FM gamers together and create a bunch of masterclasses on what works well, what doesn't work well - How to manage squad fitness etc. Basically all the shitty little things that people don't think about but make all the difference.

Member participation

With the amount of shite that's floating around here at the moment to pull it all off well and continue the buzz and get other stuff rolling is going to stretch everyone that bit far and result in what happens in 90% of cases across the scene and not just here - millions of abandoned projects.

Instead of bringing in more staff encouraging the members to take on some of the projects and split the load a bit.

Community driven site anyone?

Been floating round since July so if someone wants to do anything with them go ahead

The furthest I got with the Bible was designing the pages :D

All of these have potential but most are high maintenance, if one of them takes someones fancy then maybe a few of us can share the workload and do something together \o/

Pretty much every one of those ideas look fb and could really make a difference to the site. Over xmas I might get involved, infact after Monday when my coursework is handed in.

There were a few more I remember from my time in the staff room too which I won't mention here yet, will catch someone on MSN first. /o\

I am really turned on by the 'FM View vs...' challenges. I think something that can bring our community together is only a positive. I like the FM View vs Reality because it's something I've always wanted to do ever since they did it in the first ever Football Manager Magazine.

I might start one this weekend and put it on holiday until this date then just update it on a daily basis. It would work well. We could have a few going such as the English leagues, Spanish leagues and Italian leagues.

Reality FM

*rebrand FMB's LLM \o/

*I play with the hardcore LLM rules most of the time - I just don't start in the bottom league all the time

*So hardcore rules to play the game without cheating but not in the lower leagues \o/

Waste of time imo. LLM is something that has a slow growth in the community. I started it at LW and it was okay but it's died out now. I don't think it'd work here due to the fact you've even less people visiting a day.

Thee FM Bible

I've had this idea since FM06, it's in the old MC forums, The old Gk forums and probably mentioned by myself & Skacel in the LW staff room as well.

Inspired by this

Not everyone wants to or is able to be connected to the internet when playing FM, but might need reminding of something = Basic game guides packaged into a pdf for people to download and use with FMV's name splashed all over it \o/

Something we've been working on a little bit at FMFb tbh. It's something that'd be very useful to people, I've just finished a similar guide but it's not identical tbf.

It's a solid idea but it's time consuming and is unlikely to offer you the growth you'd want from it.

Saved Game Doctor

This time last year at GK I had the idea of the "Saved Game Doctor". Basically for people who are struggling with their game, they upload it - someone has a nose around and gives them suggestions to hopefully turn their season or career round.

This is a good idea. I like it, I think it would benefit the site a lot BUT the issue is the amount of work. We had this thing at LW and it lasted less than a week. People got bored of downloading the games as it was making FM like work. People uploaded, some people even signed up to upload but that stopped once the thing died out.

FMV Vs The AI

More a long term idea than a 3 second throw together ....

Was thinking of scenarios to try to see if we can work out how the AI works

Take the team with the lowest reputation in a league, work out the Average CA's & PA's of the rest of the teams in the league and see if a team with the league average CA/PA with the lowest reputation can finish above last position with an AI Manager.

Then throw in different types of manager to see what effects that then has on the AI

There's more here I just can't think of it at the moment ......

I was actually thinking of something like this the other day. Would be good and viable for you guys I think. It's a pretty big task though and then you have to factor in if it's something that's going to bring the new faces and activity.

The saved game AI challenge

The saved game idea is to create the same game for 5 people and let them loose and basically see which style is the most successful. Then we could write an article or whatever on why they succeeded and what they did so good.

I like this too. I don't know if it would get you more newbies though.

Player guides

Something I've been trying to change for at least the last two years is Player guides ...

Player guides as has become the norm across the scene are nothing more than the information screen typed out.

The real information that people would find useful is ....

* What formations suit/don't suit the player

* Their general attitude

* How lazy a fecker they are in training

* how they react to teamtalks & media speculation.

Basically management guides rather than scouting guides. Most of the player guides across the scene are worthless as the people they are aimed at use Genie etc. already

It's about encouraging people to play the game instead of cheating the game.

This is a great idea. I fucking hate player guides but I'd genuinely be interested in this idea. It's something I'd visit FM-V for to be honest.

*best idea imo*

Review Panel

Doesn't necessarily need to be staff maybe 3 or 4 decent regulars.

When someone uploads a tactic or training schedule have a stock of 2 or 3 saved games so they can be judged by the same standards as the one before. They could offer some advice to improve it or by trying it with different clubs/setups people can find out that this tactic works perfect for lower leagues or if it only works for technically good teams etc

Did this at LW, was pretty good for a month or two but died when people were too lazy to look at the thread. Might get you more regulars posting but I don't know if it'd pull in newbies - I can't say I noticed people joining for the LW one.

FM vs the real world

Run the top leagues from across Europe and then week by week we'll compare how FM did against the real life teams. The game will have to be run before the season starts as you can no longer set fixtures

John and began doing this but everyone ignored it :(

Hendo is working on something like this for FMFb, it's a challenge thing but it's on the backburner because we've so few members. It'd be an interesting thing to cover imo- if it was an article piece on the main site, I'd read it.

FM Virtual world thingy

The virtual-world type thing is basically just running a game and creating BBC style site that just blogs the game/AI from the title challenge to the relegation battle. It would be a great addition and a very interesting read for the members.

I thought about this last week. Was thinking of doing a story and running it as a new site. Not something I've got time to do, but I'd read it if you did it on your main site - maybe a mainsite FMV story or something of the like?

You need more shit for the mainsite, more podcasts - something.

Coaching Badges/Mentoring

To manage in the Premier League you need a Pro Licence, lot's of coaches also have the A licence as well.

Get a load of the more experienced FM gamers together and create a bunch of masterclasses on what works well, what doesn't work well - How to manage squad fitness etc. Basically all the shitty little things that people don't think about but make all the difference.

This is good. Maybe the key to this would be getting a collective of sites, get their best staffers to put forward their tactical theories and make it into a feature article? A big collaboration of sites versus each other and assess how it works in the game.

Member participation

With the amount of shite that's floating around here at the moment to pull it all off well and continue the buzz and get other stuff rolling is going to stretch everyone that bit far and result in what happens in 90% of cases across the scene and not just here - millions of abandoned projects.

Instead of bringing in more staff encouraging the members to take on some of the projects and split the load a bit.

Community driven site anyone?

Been floating round since July so if someone wants to do anything with them go ahead

Massive flaw in the latter suggestion. People are lazy as fuck. You're most likely just giving this shit to other sites to rip off really.

Effort costs people something and sadly most people just want to take.

If you want a community driven site you'd actually need to pool the resources of the people at each site who actually do something.

Good to see you thinking of stuff though. This place has somehow lost it's whole atmosphere, it's like a ghost town, apart from a few posts here and there.

Content on the mainsite and maybe a re-think on the forums is the way forward. I think it's at the point where some of these sites need to reclaim a niche because few people are doing anything different to get people in. Even those who are offering something new are losing people and wasting time by trying to do too much at once.

EDIT: sort your maximum quotes out man!

More podcasts? We've got about 50 shite ones :D

Aye but I'm hoping that one of them will be good :D

They're at least interesting, plus it's showing you're doing something.

50????

It was nearly 30 :P

More podcasts? We've got about 50 shite ones :D

Well maybe if you got off your lazy drug infested anus and got a mic to get involved it might be more interesting!

The ones I've been on have been immense to be honest.

OK, well next time you do one I'll be on it.

There's one tomorrow. :checkit:

It's being editted, shut the fuck up.

It'll be ready soon enough.

Is it any different to the shite we had before?

Aye, Nexus is the concern. Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Am I the only one who thinks Nexus is gay too? Probably not, nevermind.

I'm on it, but I'm quieter than usual. It's mainly JordanC, Levo and Nin. Although, Game will get arsey with me :D

Editing it? Has Nin EVER done that before!?

I was thinking when I was listening to the Football Ramble, maybe you could do a profile on a FM legend such as Cardenas, Kerlon etc. Someone lesser known irl but a legend from the series. I dunno, it'd probably be wank but thought it could be an idea. Or just go the full whack and make a Dean Windass Trevor Benjamin Hall of Fame.