FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zabier

Offline World Cup 2010 Tournament

I want to see this. Mine was a big success in 2008 for the European Championships and I am sure Cookie did one for something last year. I would love to see another one ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

Is there anyone who would be keen to organise it? I could help on the admin side but wouldn't be able to have the game on my PC because my access to FM is limited.

Tell me how last one was done and I'll give it a go. Got hods of time at the mo.

Cookie did this a few months ago no?

More details please, hows it work and what needs to be done? :thumbsup:

Cookie did this a few months ago no?

Yeah, was pretty good as well.

I would imagine it to be in the old forums section of the staff room if hasn't been deleted.

Yeah Cookie did do it and he ran it fairly well considering the effort it takes. I would be happy to run it in co-operation with someone else.

If someone wanted to play the games I would have no problem posting the screen shots etc or vice versa?

Basically, we'd load up an FM game to the 2010 World Cup then however many playable nations are in it we would open up the tournament to the members to manage those teams. You would then (using your own version of FM) tell us who you want in your World Cup squad via PM and then with every game send us your squad selection and tactics. We would post up match reports and screen shots from every game and you base your decisions for your next match on that information.

No preference of teams would be allowed and the draw for who gets which team would be totally random which adds to the fun of it.

I don't see the point in doing it again. Cookie did WC2010. Besides, we don't have enough members that are willing to participate in anything to this scale.

Needs to be new ideas imo, not doing things over and over again, it'll be the death of it, see UMC for evidence of running something into the ground.

In all honesty I think it would work. Our member base has got quite a lot of new memebrs who weren't part of the last one and the fact we'd be running in alongside the actual 2010 World Cup means it would have a different feel to it due to World Cup fever.

I'm willing to be proved wrong though if the majority don't think it'll be a good idea.

I remember in Cookie's I got fucking Romania. Retribution is needed me thinks, so someone should bring it back :D

I wasn't even involved in Cookie's one so would be well keen to re-enact my heroics with Poland from the 2008 tournament!

Why the fuck are you being so negative, John? Any member interaction is better than none.

:lol: Back in your cage Nexus! :D

Yeah bring it back I only did it last year cos I was insanely bored and then the latter part of it peated out a bit cos I was busy \o/

I think when the seasons over and WC fever kicks in they'll be quite a few signups.

Why the fuck are you being so negative, John? Any member interaction is better than none.

Ironic.

I'm getting bored of the same thing over and over and over. Look how poor the interest in the last UMC was because it's been done to death. There are plenty of other offline options if you feel the need to do that, I just don't see the point in ANOTHER world cup 2010 tournament. And yes, any interaction is better than none, but when you won't get enough people to fill the slots and keep interest througout the tournament it'll become more hassle than it's worth, especially for the poor sod that has to spend hours on end doing it. The time could be spent better doing other stuff imo.

Why is it ironic? \o/

And come up with something then. It's all well and good everyone moaning about things, yet no fucker bothers coming up with anything new, expecting it to be done for them.

It's not as if there's been hundreds of them done before. If people are trying to get the forum going strongly again, then a competition like this will help imo.

Why is it ironic? \o/

And come up with something then. It's all well and good everyone moaning about things, yet no fucker bothers coming up with anything new, expecting it to be done for them.

Aye, I've not been one of the few posters posting on this site, writing on this site, or updating the mainsite in trying to keep it alive for the last few months...

I've posted stuff to the mainsite \o/

It was a general attack on all the moaners, you just happened to be in the firing line ;)