FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AFC

Your First Thoughts?

Liking the new changes to the mobile site. Actually can tell its FM-View now. :)

• Like 1

Gracias! I wanted to do more with it, such as messages/notifications in the header bars, but it was proving to be a bit difficult the way the code is passed between the templates...

Still, I got my primary aim all done, and it's obviously working! :)

• Like 1

Gracias! I wanted to do more with it, such as messages/notifications in the header bars, but it was proving to be a bit difficult the way the code is passed between the templates...

Still, I got my primary aim all done, and it's obviously working! :)

I'm working on a website atm, half learning really. I'm getting used to HTML/CSS and its difficult cross browsers (damn ie!).

Would you be up for taking a look and giving a critique on what I'm doing right and wrong?

Hehe, gotta love IE!

Give me a PM whenever you're ready. First chance for me to take a look will be at the weekend, but I'll definitely get back to you. :)

Hehe, gotta love IE!

Give me a PM whenever you're ready. First chance for me to take a look will be at the weekend, but I'll definitely get back to you. :)

Great thanks. It's still very early on but got it looking right on IE but not Chrome etc. so I've kinda done things 'arse from elbow' but I had trouble doing it the other way round in the past, so thought if I do it this way it might be easier :P

I'll pm you the details later. Will probably be later on this week/weekend anyway and no rush on getting back to me.

Cheers

If you want criticism...

Ha! I said critique ;)

Otherwise you'd be perfect!

• Like 1

Any chance of a block feature? Like on proboards you can block individuals so you don't have to view their cretinous shite all the time. 

Ooo I've used that before with a few signatures actually. Cheers  :happy: .

Any chance of a block feature? Like on proboards you can block individuals so you don't have to view their cretinous shite all the time. 

If you use this feature,you will own read your own post's.  :funny:

I'd rather that than some of the shit on here. I talk to myself in the non-league thread anyway, I find it soothing. 

• Like 1

Hope I don't sound annoying but can we have a floating navbar at the bottom of the page like once we had at Fanboys? 

Hope I don't sound annoying but can we have a floating navbar at the bottom of the page like once we had at Fanboys? 

Yeah, I don't see why not. Will sort it out this week. :)

• Like 2

Can we have beer on tap in the corner too?

• Like 2

Can we have beer on tap in the corner too?

Tried that before. Couldn't afford the endless supply. :(

That's just ruined my day Putz, thought we were about to see you drunk. :(

Right, very rough at the moment, but scroll to the bottom, hit "Show Floating Nav" and then it'll stick around on all pages where there are breadcrumbs. :)

Will tidy up the implementation soon. It's been so long since I did any skinning though, need to get my head around it all again...

@@Putzy;

Awesome, thanks. 

I don't know if you're planning any changes for the near future but the site looks quite good at the moment. :)

@@Hooligan Polygon - Got an evolution rather than revolution coming up soon (well, before the end of the year - needs a full recode) which will make the site fully responsive, but no massive departure from what we have right now!

Glad to know you like it though! :)

• Like 1

The site has looked good, and continued to improve, since I've been here. All credit to Putzy for that. I find the mobile skin excellent too!

• Like 1

Nav bar <3

Putz has done all we've asked of him, and much more besides - between him and Jack on design, we've got a lovely site atm.

Oh and Nin made lots of tea to keep them going... I just sorta stuck around and went 'Ooooh'! :lol:

Sercan?! What you doing here? <3