FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AFC

Your First Thoughts?

I like this place and glad it has picked up here,i am sure there are projects going on in the background,i dont know about but i will take a look at all topics and write down some suggestion's of thing's i would do for the new game,which is where everybody should be working towards in my opinion.

your forum is great, its easy to use, well done...

thx m8 thats basically down to my coding skills

nice to see im appreciated round ere

thx m8 thats basically down to my coding skills

nice to see im appreciated round ere

:lol:

Cookie, stfu!

I know where you live and will announce it shortly if you don't behave :D

Cheers for the comments Terry26!

Like this place, got some good staff and great members, with a great gfx team, all is needed now is a fresh look in the fm side as you have nailed the off topic.

This is a good place to be around,but needs picking up again,come on everybody must have something they would like to discuss.

Internationals,behaviour of the serbian fans or just your football team,lets get this place rocking again.

this site is a shit hole i wana go hooooooomeeeeeeeeee

Would be so much better,if you could be more specific,rather than a drunken rant. :doh::rolleyes:

*Cringe*

Edit - Oh and I hope you choke on your vomit this morning you Hooper bumming wee dick.

Tonsillitis, beers, footie, night out... bet you got in a right state :lol:

Soz m8s dunno what come over me ;|.

*Cringe*

Edit - Oh and I hope you choke on your vomit this morning you Hooper bumming wee dick.

Wouldve been better if yous only won 2-1 ffs.

Dunno if this is the right thread, but meh.

From what I've seen today (my first day here) you seem to have a lot of 'floaters' - as in guys who come on here, have a look but don't post. From what i've seen, I've had plenty of views on the threads I've started, but next to no comments - you need to find a way to get these guys posting..

We tried torture once, didn't quite have the results we were after

We tried torture once, didn't quite have the results we were after

But we are willing to try it again. Lurkers beware.

We know who you are :ph34r:

I can only speak for me. But I'm reading lots of threads, but if I feel like I don't have anything to contribute to the discussion, I stay away from posting instead of drop a line like "keep going" etc. That's me, can't speak about others, but can think it's the same for others.

:goodpost:

The thing with discussion is if forced it won't work. The discussion needs to flow naturally, the only way this happens is if people actually play the game, something a lot of people are not doing. The point is by playing the game things pop up that you can ask or inform others on the forum of, this is the base of any discussion forums. Just coming on to post poop and make threads up won't work, in fact it will probably send people packing.

It just makes for a thoroughly dull forum is all - there's next to no activity and it just makes me want to post elsewhere...

I can only speak for me. But I'm reading lots of threads, but if I feel like I don't have anything to contribute to the discussion, I stay away from posting instead of drop a line like "keep going" etc. That's me, can't speak about others, but can think it's the same for others.

'Nough said.

Honest first impressions, great site, seems like a friendly community, good content, but I agree with some that not many post here. I understand the argument put forth above about not needing to comment, but at the same time you gotta remember posts keep a forum active and encourage members to keep up their effort for example in career threads.

Please do not take the above as a complaint, I am just expressing my honest views, its a top site and I will be staying here :):thumbsup:

• Like 1

yeah, the guys who actually post seem friendly enough, but theres just too many that don't. It's boring and you need to change it up a little..

yeah, the guys who actually post seem friendly enough, but theres just too many that don't. It's boring and you need to change it up a little..

I agree that more varied posters and a higher activity rate would be good to achieve, but how can we get there? Most of our lurkers have been that way for ages and have not wanted to post much when we've contacted them. We get a huge number of guests but again those people don't feel like signing up to post and we don't feel like making them register to read posts. It's a tough problem to solve and posting lots of content that get's ignored is a sure way to lower staff morale to the point where they step down or go absent (a chronic problem in the past).

It's not like we haven't tried in the past to increase activity here. We've tried having a larger staff and creating articles for members to discuss FM, football and anything. We've tried having staff replying to everything written. In the end the only way activity will improve is if both staff and the members create topics and keep posting.

We don't stress too much about it any more, we like the members here and feel no need to try and evolve this into a 'big' site. We've looked at mergers, link-ups, inter-site competitions but on the whole the scene is in a lull, with a lot of people not playing FM2011. Hopefully with the summer coming up and the release of FM2012 after it, things will pick up - if not then I'll still be happy with how FMV is run.

Edited by ChrisOrmie
Clarifications

In my opinion, it just makes the site thoroughly boring, and frustrating, because it's clear that the potential is there.

I've been on 4 or 5 times today, yet, I've seen the same topics posted in, by exactly the same people.

I've been on 4 or 5 times today, yet, I've seen the same topics posted in, by exactly the same people.

You've logged on 4-5 times today and posted only four times - all in this thread. ;|

Yes, exactly, because none of the active threads interest me, I don't have the time to trawl through in-active threads to try and get a discussion going, and the lack of replies to 3 threads I created yesterday, has deterred me from starting anymore...