FM-View Forums
hammer9

What's the last thing you bought thread..

Finally decided to get the Steig Larsson Millennium trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, etc). Also Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear.

Other ones are wrestler/footballer biographies I found in a charity shop. I'll look out for the Banatyne bio tho, the last interesting one I read was Frankie Boyles.

3 glasses of Skittles last night. Plus two pints. Oh yes.

Lauren and Hardy 24 disc entire collection for £30

Lauren and Hardy? That a RomCom or something? ;)

For me... 2 king size Kit-Kat Chunkies (or whatever they call the king size ones) for a quid, and some Kopparberg Mixed Fruits, because it's lovely.

Also bought Wise Man's Fear for a tenner recently but haven't started it as the wife got there first, and I'm reading the second Scott Lynch first (Red Seas Under Red Skies, which along with the first (the Lies of Locke Lamora) I highly recommend).

M

Dominos \0/

Have to think of ways to spend my £65 winnings on the national :thumbsup:

3 Stephen King books for my brother's birthday tomorrow.

Thank the lord for 3 for 2.

2 six packs and a big bag of ice

You buy ice ;|.

Invest in an ice-tray ffs!

My freezer can make ice cubes, how much will you pay me to send them over? :D

New pair of moldies and shorts and socks to go with the Holland top I've had for a while /o\

Oh and a double caramel magnum :wub:

You buy ice ;|.

Invest in an ice-tray ffs!

Sorry - I meant a massive 15 lbs. brick of ice - we use it for massive coolers (When you have about 150 bottles of beer in one tub. The bricks don't melt as quick, due to the reduced surface area, keeping the party tub damn cool all right long.

My freezer can make ice cubes, how much will you pay me to send them over? :D

We make Ice cubes to put over the bottles that rest on the big block o' ice. I'l give you 10 dollars if you run the extra ice over. Might even be a "tip" in it for you.

Soor for the confusion. Also, bought two packs of smokes early this morning.

Weird Yanks :ph34r:.

Bought a nice suit jacket today. Left the house at 6am and was cold in just a shirt + tie so had to chuck on a hoody for the train etc. Feel like a nob walking into an interview carrying that tho so next time I'll just wear the full suit.

I'll feel even more out of place on the bus home tho. Unless you have 2 kids, wear mckenzie and have you shave slits into your eyebrows, you already feel priviledged. Wearing a suit after a job interview? Most will think I'm famous or something /o\.

Sorry - I meant a massive 15 lbs. brick of ice - we use it for massive coolers (When you have about 150 bottles of beer in one tub. The bricks don't melt as quick, due to the reduced surface area, keeping the party tub damn cool all right long.

We make Ice cubes to put over the bottles that rest on the big block o' ice. I'l give you 10 dollars if you run the extra ice over. Might even be a "tip" in it for you.

Soor for the confusion. Also, bought two packs of smokes early this morning.

Ahhh right, you should see our "cooler"

And by "cooler" I mean a 50% scale home made coffin full of ice...

Don't ask...

Oh and the last thing I bought, a parking space for an hour... Exciting shit

I won't ask.

But I am curious.

3 tickets for Wembley for around £250.

woohoo!

awesome mate. :D

LA Noire, a phone charger and the Matrix trilogy on blueray for £10 :D

A bottle of Volvic that was fucking warm, but I was so thirsty :thumbsdown:

I'm drinking a big bottle of Volvic straight from the fridge if it's any consolation.

Had to buy a new mouse for my laptop. Shite internet led to the mouse getting frustration taken out on it.

I'm drinking a big bottle of Volvic straight from the fridge if it's any consolation.

Had to buy a new mouse for my laptop. Shite internet led to the mouse getti7ng frustration taken out on it.

<_<

I need to nip down the shop actually, made myself some toast but had no butter. Can't stand toast without butter :angry:

Inglourios Basterds for £3.99 and Kick-Ass for £4.99 but with my staff discount it was like £3something

Basterds is brilliant!

Had an expensive week. This is highly unusual. I got:

Dirt 2

LA Noire

A Toshiba Netbook

A DVR

An HDMI switch

At most, even at my most extravagant usually, there'll be one game. Just happened to answer this when I've had a big week.

Oh yes, and I got some surgical tape for my damn wound dressing:(

i know but Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 PC. :D

Because ill playing them before to buy MW3 :D

Mw 2 is rubbish and lets be honest, BF3 comes out 4 days before mw3 and it's going to rape mw3 in the sales.

2 packs of smokes and a sixer of the local Surley brew.

Also, been thinking about getting a new bike. If you don't know, I use a bicycle to get around. All year. In Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Here's the fun facts from Wiki:

Because of its location in the center of North America, the Twin Cities region is subjected to some of the widest range of temperatures in the United States. Temperatures in the Twin Cities region range from an average of 13.1 °F (−10 °C) in January to 73.2 °F (23 °C) in July. With no natural barriers to block cold air from pouring south from Canada, the Twin Cities is subjected to many arctic air masses throughout the winter months. These arctic air masses bring with them very cold temperatures and sometimes strong winds, resulting in dangerous wind chill values. The Twin Cities has a comparable average summer temperatures to other nearby metropolitan areas such as Chicago, but the arctic outbreaks during the winter push the average winter temperature of the Twin Cities well below that of Chicago's. Despite being located just 350 miles (563 km) from Chicago, the Twin Cities' average January of temperature of 13.1 °F (−10 °C) is well below Chicago's 22.0 °F (−6 °C).

The highest temperature over the last 20 years averages out at 101.25 degrees F. The coldest temperature over last twenty years averages out to -24.5 degrees F. That's 24.5 below zero. We also get about 4 to 7 feet of snow, and a few feet of rain each year. The coldest windchill (what it "feels" like combining air temperature and wind) in the last 5 years is -84 degrees below zero.

And yes, I ride a bike through all of that. Every day. Never take the bus. My job has never once closed due to weather, although we did close early one night when we got 15 inches of snow in 3 hours. I left on my bike, but most people spent the night there, as they could not get their cars to move.

I need a new bike. I'm going to get one :D We take our biking seriously here.

Ordered "The Crow" and "They Live" off Amazon. Be here on the 10th. WOO!

(Trivia: My eldest is named after Brandon Lee)