FM-View Forums
JohnP

Football League Thread

No cunt made one yet? Had a quick look but only found last years.

Anyway, the big kick off is finally here. Hull 0-1 Blackpool last night brought an exciting start to the game, with a quality goal from GTF.

Today, Hereford face Southend away. We also do good on opening day but lost 9 in a row against Sarfend, so really unsure what to expect. We'll play in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation so hopefully don't leave big Delboy isolated uptop.

Hopefully we'll play: Bartlett; Purdie - Green - Stam - Heath; Lunt - Pell - McQuilken; Colbeck - Fleets - Facey.

Not expecting much this season, midtable would be an achievement given we're still facing financial constraints put on us by Davey when he signed Connor/Kovacs/Canham on massive 2 year deals, who we can't get rid of now cos they won't take a pay cut (and why should they) where as conference teams are not interested at all.

I fancy Oxford to win League 2, with Bristol Rovers and Crawley in 2nd and 3rd. Northampton/Shrews/Barnet/Gillingham in the play offs. Swindon and Plymouth to go down.

Any other predictions?

I enjoyed the Blackpool game last night, bit gutted that Kevin Phillips never scored though, but thats football. Taylor-Fletchers goal was superb! I'll be trying to watch as many football league games as I can this year, so that I won't look like an idiot in this thread. :thumbsup:

Been watching this Wimbledon vs Bristol Rovers game but it started boring me after the 2nd goal.

Mostly what I've seen are just hoofs up the park but Wimbledon have not took any of their chances they really could be at 2-2 but they pretty much bottled both their chances..

Quite a slow start for this league :)

No goal in 2 minutes? I'm sure all League 2 managers send their sincere apologies.

Well, at least Forest didn't lose...

Bournemouth and C.Palace both lost! :( hope West Ham make me happy today :)

No goal in 2 minutes? I'm sure all League 2 managers send their sincere apologies.

I meant yesterday and early today.

Sad to see Birmingham lose!

hope West Ham make me happy today :)

Yeah....about that....

West Ham not make me happy!!! :(

A standard palace defeat on a saturday, take the lead and then sit back and let the opposition attack us. We haven't won away on a saturday since February 2010, thats an unbelievable stat when you think about it

Doncaster v West Ham - 0-3

C.Palace v Burnley 1-1

Bournemouth v Sheff Wed 2-1

COME ON YOUR IRONS!

COME ON THE EAGLES!

COME ON THE CHERRIES!

:D

Play 4-5-1 and we're always going to lose, hopefully Pitman changes it up next week but not that hopeful.

Can't really judge him until Canham and Kovacs are gone - they're on about 15% of our wage budget atm - so until he gets that to 'spend' on his own players it's quite harsh. We effectively have a squad of 14/15 players atm cos 2 aren't wanted and the rest are kids. Expecting a few loans to come in and steady the ship soonish but again, his hands are tied atm due to the budget. Thankfully the Villa game in the cup will net us £60-75k which is enough for a L2 player (after 55%) so hopefully he's given that sooner rather than later.

Booked my train to Wimbledon for next Saturday, looks like it'll be one of my only games before Xmas due to work :(. Still, nice new ground and only 2h35m on the train for me. Pretty much a home game for me nowadays... :tumbleweed:

We were the better team on Tuesday and somehow lost 4-0. Russell Hoult was in goal for us due to injury and played well for 80 minutes... before he got beaten from half way, then decided to run out with the ball, get tackled 40 yards out and allowed the same player to slot into an empty net.

Really is a must win game on Saturday now, not confident at all. Wish I didn't buy my train ticket last week, don't mind losing but the best part of 5 hours travelling alone to see us get turned over isn't going to be fun. On the plus side we're having a Spain-reunion apparently, other than the 2 lads I travelled with I can only remember one other person though, could be quite awkward. I think everyones going to be in the same boat though considering the ridiculous amount everyone drank over the 2/3 days /o\.

Tranmere were cheated on Tuesday night. An excellent block on the line by McGurk using his knee was given as a penalty by the linesman who was the wrong side of McGurk. The referee who had the best view did not give the penalty. The standard of officiating in the lower leagues is nothing but disgraceful

Aye. I showed Nin on MSN, Fleetwood went past the GK and was just about to slot into an empty net when his heels were clipped by the GK and he fell over. There was a defender about 3 yards behind him who, because Fleets couldnt finish, just about cleared off the line (debatable wether it even went over the line in fairness). No penalty, no red card, no goal. This was after 55 seconds...

Oh well, Wimbledon away tomorrow. Can't wait. Another new ground but not got much hope. We've got Clist on loan from Oxford who's meant to be a decent player, as well as a new GK coming in on loan today to cover for injuries (and big Russ who hasn't played a competitive came for about 3 years before Tuesday).

a new GK coming in on loan today to cover for injuries

Give Dai a good welcome - promising young keeper and if you play your cards right you might be able to tie him up permanent cause he's not getting into our lineup for at least 5-6 years :lol:

Nice one Palace! :D .....but not for Bournemouth lose to Carlisle 2-1 :(

tomorrow West Ham v Leeds sky live.... COME ON YOUR IRONS!!!!

Peterboro destroy Ipswich 7-1 !!! Ipswich have 2 sent off.

Nice one Palace! :D .....but not for Bournemouth lose to Carlisle 2-1 :(

tomorrow West Ham v Leeds sky live.... COME ON YOUR IRONS!!!!

Peterboro destroy Ipswich 7-1 !!! Ipswich have 2 sent off.

I take a fleeting interest in Carlisle as when i'm not in Glasgow I live like ten minutes across the border from there so I'm glad they won :P

League 2 love:

Burton Albion is just 2 points out from a play-off spot.

Hereford is with 1 point from 4, and are looking at the drop.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Not strictly true, 2 of our highest earners are leaving this week which leaves Pitman with enough for 3/4 players, which we need. The villa trip is adding £60k+ to our coffers too, another players wages for the year. We've also been the better team in the last 2 games, in which we've amassed a massive 1 point.

Oh well, yesterday was a quality day. Really happy with a point seeing as we had to rejigg the defence twice with in 25 minutes due to injury. We ended with a LM - CB - RB - RM in defence :lol:.

Our 3 debutants did really well. Simon Clist started at left mid for about 10 minutes until he had to drop back in place of Benoit, who assisted a goal from LB on his debut, before injurying himself trying to trip a player off the ball :lol:. The keeper Cornell from Swans made 2 very good saves and didn't really have a chance with the goal. We missed 3 or 4 chances and their GK was MOTM which says it all.

Highlight of the day was doing the YMCA behind that cunt Terry Brown. He's SO easy to wind up :D.

We won't go down this season, should finish midtable with no worries of relegation by the end of it.

I think i'm starting to get a nose bleed being this high up in the table, genuinely can't believe and hope it carries on but i doubt it. Jonny Parr is looking to be an absolute bargain for £200,000 and Mile Jedinak who was a free transfer.

Best of all though we still have Clyne, Iversen, Murray, Garvan, Dikagoi, Ambrose all to come back from injury who will help improve the squad massively.

p.s Our first away win on a Saturday since February 2010!!

oh fuck off Leeds! not again just like Cardiff at HOME twice they both scored last mins! GRR! waste 3 points! :(

League 2 love:

Burton Albion is just 2 points out from a play-off spot.

Hereford is with 1 point from 4, and are looking at the drop.

Just sayin'.

Early trash talking ftw!

Not strictly true, 2 of our highest earners are leaving this week which leaves Pitman with enough for 3/4 players, which we need. The villa trip is adding £60k+ to our coffers too, another players wages for the year. We've also been the better team in the last 2 games, in which we've amassed a massive 1 point.

Oh well, yesterday was a quality day. Really happy with a point seeing as we had to rejigg the defence twice with in 25 minutes due to injury. We ended with a LM - CB - RB - RM in defence :lol:.

Our 3 debutants did really well. Simon Clist started at left mid for about 10 minutes until he had to drop back in place of Benoit, who assisted a goal from LB on his debut, before injurying himself trying to trip a player off the ball :lol:. The keeper Cornell from Swans made 2 very good saves and didn't really have a chance with the goal. We missed 3 or 4 chances and their GK was MOTM which says it all.

Highlight of the day was doing the YMCA behind that cunt Terry Brown. He's SO easy to wind up :D.

We won't go down this season, should finish midtable with no worries of relegation by the end of it.

Early trash talking ftw!

just windin' you up, mate. Taking the piss, if I'm using that UK slang properly. I'm sure that Hereford will finish 9th-13th this season. But glorious Burton? Fuck me, we've played no team less than 14th, and we're within a win away from a playoff finish. Here's to hoping that injuries and what had to be the single worst conjested end-of-season schedule doesn't happen two years in a row.

League 1, here we come. C'mon ya Brewers!