FM-View Forums
Ant

Advertising

I have been trying to think of ways in which we can boost activity and the amount of returning members here as, to me, FM-View is one of the most established communities on the scene and has something that a lot of places don't have which is a feel good, banter like atmosphere.

We do have interesting content and discussions along with a very diverse non-FM section however i think the problem is that non members do not know.

How would people think about us going on an advertising campaign in order to improve the community numbers and by acknowledging to the rest of the scene "Hey we are still around and look at what we're missing"

Hope i'm not prodding the hornets nest here!

I can assure you buddy advertising is not the issue. This place is always getting guests visit, the problem is getting them to sign up and post. The admins are forever on twitter posting links and helping people in need.

It's a tough one, certainly. We get so much visitor traffic, and huge returning visitor traffic (same non-members returning regularly). Just that they don't seem to want to sign up and post.

Not sure if advertising is the key, instead possibly just need to create enough interesting discussion that they feel the need to have their say. Be great to hear their opinions and have some new/returning blood in the community though, so hope any lurkers reading this actually sign up and join the fun!

It is all about getting array of content up, and maybe a few bits where they can compete with.

why do we let visitors just come on to the site and take all of our work, can we not restrict it a little?

I believe that to be against the SIAS rules we are signed up to....

I think....

Yeah the SAIS is something we try and work within, and sometimes that does mean we can't do some things we'd rather do. We do try and work with the community though, so we hope those that visit here to get things will also share their work with us too.

Have SIAS done anything yet?

Seems to be the most pointless invention on the internet. 2/3 years later, what's happened?

Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

Which is why changes will be happening!

Fuck it off then. You have greater power over stuff on the forum then without those pathetic freaks ruling over the place.

Quite glad I sparked this up now :P , and how can they share with us their work if they arnt members and therefore can't post?

There are plans afoot that at this moment I can't talk about until other people agree :D

curt_hawkins_change_logo_by_axeforzaviola-d4s4i4r.jpg

There are plans afoot that at this moment I can't talk about until other people agree :D

Yes you can, spill.

Ha!

We are still waiting on someone getting back to us, but they are being a bit twuntish about it all....

Yer getting a tad pushy now...

Worse than an ex-wife chasing a payment :P

For once though, I'm not the sticking point. Its great, eh?

Certainly shakes things up a bit. :P

so since the site has been down and all, are these discussions still going on? will changes be made?

Now we are back - thank fuck - we will be chatting to other people about things and seeing how we move things on!

Now, this community thing we wanted... Where is people... :D

I is here. Your friendly intelligent Geordie!

I is here. Your friendly intelligent Geordie!

The friendly I can understand, but intelligent... O.o