FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GFCKeith

old thoughts made new

I know this has been mentioned on numerous occasions, but is it possible or even worth while trying to link ourselves with other forums or even blogs,so all involved get the benefit of what goes on on one forum and not another,or just try and bring the community together.

Watch this space in the not-too-distant-not-too-close future. ;)

personally,i think there are a lot of old ideas that have fallen by,that could be re-vamped to improve discussion and member base,that is as long as that is what we want from a forum or do we just use this as a place to come for helpful tips for the game.

Rather than make a new thread I might as well post here; is there a way you can get a notification when someone quotes you? Happens on a few forums that I go on, just so you don't ignore people accidentally.

Rather than make a new thread I might as well post here; is there a way you can get a notification when someone quotes you? Happens on a few forums that I go on, just so you don't ignore people accidentally.

@@JohnP

It's already in place, try editing your notification settings in your profile mate.

912528e59897eb1d8dc760daecbb80b4.png?1351516645

@@JohnP

It's already in place, try editing your notification settings in your profile mate.

912528e59897eb1d8dc760daecbb80b4.png?1351516645

Yeah it doesn't happen each time you are quoted, but if anyone types @username then it'll notify that user.

Can that not be added to the quotes instead then? Either that, or people need to stop quoting you and start "@"'ing you.

You should get them. Check settings because there is one for actual quotes. ;)

• Like 1

You should get them. Check settings because there is one for actual quotes. ;)

Magic. Cheers.

As an extra, and I don't know if it's feasible or not, but how about an FMV app where you get those notifications on your iPhone etc? Just like a twitter/facebook notification.

Literally no idea how hard/easy that would be to do, or if there's anything out there that's similar, just thought about it today.

Well... There is the "IPS Communities" app in the App Store. It's pretty poor though, and I don't recommend using it. It'll give you notifications for everything though (you see that "Mobile" column in the settings you changed for quotes?)

Either way, native apps are something I'm kind-of working on. It's harder than you think to get right actually - I've only just managed to figure out how to get the mainsite "blog" fed into an app with notifications for new content. Integration into the forums will be a barrel of laughs. ;)

• Like 1