FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Murray

FM13 Skinning

So I'm tinkering with the default skin to get something more to my own tastes (main difference is putting a pair of sunglasses on it!) but I'm feeling rather out of practice. So, can anyone help by pointing me in the right direction of a couple of bits that I just cannot seem to locate?

where.png

1. The box here at the top left on the tactics screen that has the current tactic details in it.

2. The colour settings for player condition / fitness that can also be seen on the tactics screen, as well as on the player profile screen etc. (Found it)

Also, as a side note, would it be worth doing some trimming of this forum so the skins section of FM13 graphics doesn't have all the FM12 skins in it?

Cheers,

M

Edited by Murray

You planning on releasing this? :P Could do with it, but I'm not gonna start if someone else is working on one. :D

As for helping you with that box... not really sure. To me it's styled just like every other box on the screen, so it's weird it hasn't taken the styles.

When we start getting some skins in for FM13 (more than just Jacks), we'll move the FM12 ones into a sub-forum or tag them with a FM12 tag. :)

Yeah I'll release it, just not sure when (I've done a fair bit of work today because I took a day off, but I'm back at work tomorrow and have some interviews coming up (hopefully) that will distract me a bit...)

Aye, I agree with Putzy that we could do with this! A dark skin was supplied with last years, surprised this one hasn't but it's still only a beta so who knows when it comes to the full version.

So I'm tinkering with the default skin to get something more to my own tastes (main difference is putting a pair of sunglasses on it!) but I'm feeling rather out of practice. So, can anyone help by pointing me in the right direction of a couple of bits that I just cannot seem to locate?

where.png

1. The box here at the top left on the tactics screen that has the current tactic details in it.

2. The colour settings for player condition / fitness that can also be seen on the tactics screen, as well as on the player profile screen etc. (Found it)

Also, as a side note, would it be worth doing some trimming of this forum so the skins section of FM13 graphics doesn't have all the FM12 skins in it?

Cheers,

M

The graphics are located:

skin\graphics\icons\tactic

:)

look forward to using it when completed! Both default skins are off putting, especially on a large monitor. I've resulted to changing the default background and a few bits myself until something more appealing is released.

Anyway, good luck with the skin.

The graphics are located:

skin\graphics\icons\tactic

No, I mean the actual box I've circled. The one that shows up as white when everything else is dark :)

• Like 1

i've downloaded fm2013carbon skin

but i can't see my background pictures..is it because transparency od that skin or?

what should i do to make it transparent?

Probably best to contact the designer of that skin. Without looking at it though, try checking for images in this folder: graphics/boxes/plain - if there's 9 images there called paper_top_left etc, that will control a sort of filter that covers pretty much the entire visible screen, so if they're not transparent, you won't be able to see any backgrounds.

It's a button, oddly, button/tabs/side/selected/button

Cheers Tom. I've been going through boxes and buttons and making changes but hadn't come across it so far, so I appreciate the nod in the right direction :)