FM-View Forums
Putzy

FM13 Full Skin with Instant Result Button

Nothing changed :( I tried everything but nothing happened :(

Definitely gone to Preferences -> Interface, changed to default skin, back to Preferences, clicked "Clear Cache", closed the game, reopened, gone in, reselected the skin.

I know it sounds long, but it's the only way to ensure a clean base. I dunno.. It's weird. Works for me on 3 computers! :s

Cleaning cache? I didn't try that!  :doh:  So I didn't try everything as I said :thumbsdown:

Here goes! Thanks mate, if I tried this first, probably there wouldn't be a problem!

Sorry for the inconvenience again!

• Like 1

Okay, I solved the "position" problem, I moved the button from the left to right, to under the "Submit Team" button.

And then, I resized the "Instant Result" button because it was larger than "Submit Team" button.

You can try this steps for the other skins. And don't forget that you need to clean cache from the "Interface" menu. Then, reload the theme and enjoy.

Here are the steps:

First, open "titlebar.xml" file with Notepad (Notepad++ is better) that in the address below:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins\bergkamp white v2.1.1\panels\

And then, follow the instructions.

Find: (Line 157)

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,left" inset="0" />

Change with:

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" inset="0" />

Then Find: (Line 155)

<widget class="button" text="Instant Result[COMMENT: text for a button that will generate an instant result for the upcoming match rather than having to go through and play it]" id="INST" size="10" appearance="button/custom/continue/instant/button" width="150" height="20" font="fonts/continue instant" colour="white" alignment="centre" disable_layout_attachments_when_embedded="true">

Change with:

<widget class="button" text="Instant Result[COMMENT: text for a button that will generate an instant result for the upcoming match rather than having to go through and play it]" id="INST" size="10" appearance="button/custom/continue/instant/button" width="120" height="20" font="fonts/continue instant" colour="white" alignment="centre" disable_layout_attachments_when_embedded="true">

Simply, in line 157, change the "left" to "right", and then in line 155, change the width as "120". Putting the process in an order is not necessary, btw. And you can change the values as you want, I just gave the suitable ones.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

@@davisdj - Not sure what to suggest. Works fine here, and I've tried it on a second computer. Maybe try resetting the skin cache and going back to default, and back to the custom?

Screenshot attached. (Ignore the team. My boring custom database for my local team which doesn't exist!)

attachicon.gifalavanja.png

@@ozan - Skin addon in first post! The button looks a bit squashed, and I'm not sure how to fix it! But it works! :)

Putzy, I'm a ditz. I was simply overwriting the folders wholesale. I actually went inside the folders & did them individually & it worked. Thanks so much my friend, it is appreciated! :)

Testimonials for FM 14 eh ;).

@@Putzy

I have a problem with this "Instant Result" button again... Well, it's not something new, so this is a pre-existent problem.

I am playing with Man City / Spain and the date is 2017. In the beginning, there was no problem so everything was fine, and after a little process, I started to not seeing "Instant Result" options like "Play for the Win". I don't think if it's all about the skin that I use. The problem shown up while I was using the original dark theme. Anyway, I can't configure it for four or five seasons so I'm losing too many matches. Do you have an idea about this thing? Maybe its all about an "in-game option" ? Maybe I need to configure something?

You can see the problem below; as you can see, I can only choose the "Don't use match plan."

w0S2KEj.jpg

I've had that happen in the actual FM Classic game once or twice myself. Can't find a good way to reproduce it (for me, saving, closing and re-loading gave me the options back), so it's not really anything I can fix...

I think the game generates the visible options. It's all in the .xml, so I don't know why.

Sorry! :)

Hi is there a chance you cold put the instant result feature to the Scorpio Ultimate skin by Dazs8? If permission granted of course?

I love this feature and it's the only thing stopping me from using this skin.

Thanks.

Can you link me to the skin please? :)

Yup. Will get it done tonight or tomorrow for you. :)

• Like 1

I've downloaded it (900+ MB - it's mental!) and will be doing the XML in a bit. Sometime before 2 this afternoon.

In the first post.

• Like 1

Dear Putzy (or anyone else who are expert in this work),

Is it possible to make such add on for FM 14 as well? I used this mod for FM13 and it was great, tried to put the files into the FM14 folder but it seems does not work (It is not in the drop-down list to choose).

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

szasinka

Version for FM14 will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Will be easy enough to sort out, but I've got to download the game to do it!

• Like 1

Awesome job Putzy!

Do you know if the options in the dropdown list i.e play for win etc actually change the tactics used? is it functioning in the main game?

I'm not too sure if I'm honest. When I've tested it, sometimes the tactics will be different from what I've selected, other times they won't.

I think it's just down to how the game wants to play that particular match. After all, it's entirely simulated.

Sure. Will do it this weekend along with another one requested via PM.

:)

What's the best skin to use?