FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Murray

Is there an issue with pressing "back"?

Sometimes when I view a thread and then press "back" on my browser to go to the forum/sub-forum main page, I have to press "back" two or three times before it actually goes.  It's like there's a very fast reload of the page as it sort of skips slightly, so something is happening, but it doesn't actually go back.

This is the only place I get the issue, so I don't know if it's something with the boards, if it's just me or what it is... Any ideas?

FYI I'm using Chrome.

Cheers,

M

Any specific threads? I have an inkling I know what it is, but will only affect some topics...

I'll keep my eye out for any specifics, I've not paid attention to whether it is or not.  I know the FMV13 logo thread is one though, since that's one of the main threads I tend to visit.

Gracias. I've personally not noticed it, but I wouldn't put it past IPB at this stage to stuff something up.

Just did it again in the FMV13 logos thread, and then I looked at a new post in skins and when I came out I had to press "back" three times before it went from the graphics subforum to the forum main page.

Cheers,

M

Right, I'll keep an eye out. Will let you know if I get anything sorted

Edit: Switched my browser to Chrome for the time being. Quick browse round, and nothing so far. :P

• Like 1

Just went into the FM13 Discussion forum (here) and it just wouldn't back out of it.  I refreshed the page and still it was just flickering like it was doing a mini load but not going anywhere.  Had to click the forum header to get back to the main page...

I have no idea why this appears to be only happening to me :/

Any chance you can get a video of it?

I've tried and tried again and can't reproduce it at all... let alone reliably. :D

I have this issue on my mobile occasionally but not often enough to be bothered by it.

What phone?

Note 2. 

Any chance you can get a video of it?

I've tried and tried again and can't reproduce it at all... let alone reliably. :D

That might be tough, since I can't predict when it'll happen.  If you have any suggestions of software to record the video, I'll give it a try though...

That might be tough, since I can't predict when it'll happen.

Welcome to the world of software development and bug tracking. ;)

Could try using Jing. Always worked well for me when on Windows.. but that was a fair while ago.

Tried it for a full 5min capture yesterday and nothing, naturally.  Got online this morning and the first thread I went into it did it.  Loaded Jing up and started a capture and pressed back again and it went back...

Did manage to capture one example though, clicked back twice at around the 30 sec mark here and nothing until the third time.  It didn't happen again so the rest of the .swf can be ignored, I'd have edited it down but I recently went through a clear up of my HD and don't think I have any flash editing software at present.  Apologies therefore for the 23mb size.  Download.

Right, thanks Murray. Just wanted to see if there was anything specific with the way you browsed that could have caused it. There isn't. :P

Will try to sort this out, it's annoying.

• Like 1

Right, thanks Murray. Just wanted to see if there was anything specific with the way you browsed that could have caused it. There isn't. :P

Will try to sort this out, it's annoying.

You could've just asked, it would have been easier for me to just tell you I normally browse while wearing a hat folded out of an envelope and mouse with my right hand while sucking the thumb of my left...

• Like 2

Hey, I just found out that I still have the problem on my new computer.  Go me!

You know, that makes me think its a problem with Chrome on Windows only.... Time to switch OS for a while, track the bastard down.

@@David - on your Note, do you use Chrome?

To be fair it's not a big problem, as it doesn't seem that anyone else has it, I wouldn't say it's worth spending time over at this juncture :)

To be fair it's not a big problem, as it doesn't seem that anyone else has it,

To be fair, we're not exactly full of activity that it could be affecting many people. ;)

Nah, I'd rather track it down now rather than when it becomes a real problem. :)

@@David - on your Note, do you use Chrome?

Indeed I do.

Right, that gives me something else to work with. :)

How so?

How so?

Well, kind of confirms that it's only Chrome... I have very occasionally noticed it on my phone, but not once seen it on my Mac running Chrome yet. Might actually be a Webkit issue... I dunno. Will work on it.

In fact, I'm still going to do some digging, but I just upgraded the forums to IPB 3.4.2, so it's possible that that will fix it.. Keep an eye on it for me. :)

If it helps I have chrome on windows 7 and have never experienced the problem.

I said if it helps, knowing it won't :P

• Like 1