FM-View Forums
mase

The Premier League Thread

9 hours ago, localhero said:

Agreed except for Diame. He having a canny decent season, if he doesn't end up first team player then he will definitely be "rotation"

Diame hasn't been good enough from my point of view, hasn't put an effort that we saw last season. If we could get an exchange transfer (dunno, Gary Medel for example) we may improve our MF. I'd give Longstaff a chance doe, is the best player from the youth set-up besides Woodman.

Let's pray from him to be a decent squad player like Dummett, we fucked Armstrong's career pretty much and we let go Gibson to Everton for 8m.

Just now, Maestro said:

Diame hasn't been good enough from my point of view, hasn't put an effort that we saw last season. If we could get an exchange transfer (dunno, Gary Medel for example) we may improve our MF. I'd give Longstaff a chance doe, is the best player from the youth set-up besides Woodman.

Let's pray from him to be a decent squad player like Dummett, we fucked Armstrong's career pretty much and we let go Gibson to Everton for 8m.

Oh yeah, Longstaff deserves a run out as does Sorensen for that matter. We been missing goals and he showing he can bang them in at his level so give him a chance off the bench at least, cannae do no worse than Perez or Joselu

1 minute ago, localhero said:

Oh yeah, Longstaff deserves a run out as does Sorensen for that matter. We been missing goals and he showing he can bang them in at his level so give him a chance off the bench at least, cannae do no worse than Perez or Joselu

Well, when we had troubles in the 13/14 season with Riviere, Perez and de Jong Pardw let Armstrong to play some games and he didn't look bad at all. Elias is a good player for his age group, but I haven't seen that much from him (even FM gives him a bad PA lol) but agreed, he cannot be worse than Ayo or Joselu.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

Well, when we had troubles in the 13/14 season with Riviere, Perez and de Jong Pardw let Armstrong to play some games and he didn't look bad at all. Elias is a good player for his age group, but I haven't seen that much from him (even FM gives him a bad PA lol) but agreed, he cannot be worse than Ayo or Joselu.

Aye,but look at what Armstrong did when wesent him out on loan, every single season he thumped them in. We can't do that with Sorensen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, localhero said:

Aye,but look at what Armstrong did when wesent him out on loan, every single season he thumped them in. We can't do that with Sorensen

Agreed, neither Rafa or McLaren gave Adam a chance, hopefully Rafa let Sorensen play some minutes. After all, he signed him when we were in the Championship and Sorensen went from Denmark to the North East as a 16 yo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

Agreed, neither Rafa or McLaren gave Adam a chance, hopefully Rafa let Sorensen play some minutes. After all, he signed him when we were in the Championship and Sorensen went from Denmark to the North East as a 16 yo.

If we get a lower league side, haha, in the cup then give him 90mins

Just now, localhero said:

If we get a lower league side, haha, in the cup then give him 90mins

I would give him 90 full minutes vs Burnley instead of Ayoze or 30 min from the bench haha

• Like 1

Fulham have sacked manager Slavisa Jokanovic and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri, who guided Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016.

Jokanovic makes way with the Cottagers sitting bottom of the Premier League table with five points from 12 matches.

Italian Ranieri, 67, has been given a "multi-year" contract by the Londoners.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option," said Fulham chairman Shahid Khan.

"So having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential.

"Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham.

"His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

Iiiinteresting

Fulham to win the league next season??

5 hours ago, localhero said:

Fulham to win the league next season??

Nah, Newcastle ;)

• Like 1

Well the sale is back on again. This time from the horses mouth as it were. Ashley himself has come out and said there is a serious bid on the table and the club could be sold by Xmas.

Seems the only thing keeping Mourinho in the job is that it wlll cost close to £30m to sack him. and he knows it, hence the shit he is putting on the pitch each game.

Absolutely awfull for a while now, topped off with that show against Liverpool.

Well what the fuck do i know!!??

BREAKING: @ManUtd have announced that Jose Mourinho has left with immediate effect.

lol ...i bet Pogba will very happy! 

I suspect a lot of the players will be pleased, not just Pogba

4 minutes ago, mase said:

I suspect a lot of the players will be pleased, not just Pogba

really? wow! lol only i know Pogba have problem with Jose. not other!

I think he completely lost the dressing room. You can't expect to criticise the players specifically in the press and not expect it too have an effect on the teammates. Some of his tactical decisions were bizarre too. He used to be a great manager but then he got caught in his own hype and now he thinks that he truly IS the great one, even though he finished out the top 4 in 3 of the last 6 seasons I think, but he won't accept blame, always someone else. The players, a specific player, the ref, the assistant ref, a combo thereof, I think he had to go for Man Utd's sake. I wouldn't be surprised at the end of the day if it turns out to be "by mutual accord" you won't have a sacking on your record but we won't pay your full severance if you agree to leave type thing.

He ain't actually been there that long

2 hours ago, hammer9 said:

really? wow! lol only i know Pogba have problem with Jose. not other!

Yeah, i think you can safely add Bailly, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Shaw, Rashford and Lingaard to that list. Maybe Fred and Lindelof too in all honesty.

2 minutes ago, mase said:

Yeah, i think you can safely add Bailly, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Shaw, Rashford and Lingaard to that list. Maybe Fred and Lindelof too in all honesty.

martial yes, Sanchez yes, not sure for Lukaku, Shaw, Rashford and Lingard! surprised me if they are not happy with Jose! they playing more than Pogba, Sanchez

We've played FM long enough to know support of fellow players comes before support of manager especially when the manager is one as corrosive to team harmony as Mourinho. Pogba, even though he relatively new will be one of the core social group players and due to international status will carry big influence.

Well it's been some time since a post in here. In that time Mourinho is gone, OGS is in, and United have won 5 on the trot. Albeit against very shit teams (Newcastle :P )  - but under Mourinho that would have been 1 win, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

The big test comes this weekend against Spurs. 

• Like 1