FM-View Forums
mase

The Premier League Thread

And gone. He has left the club. The best manager we have had since Sir Bobby himself has simply been let go. The statement that was released today was one that Rafa didn't know was going to be released which just goes to show the level of disdain and contempt Ashley and Charnley have for the fans and everyone associated with the club. It is nothing more that a moneymaking vehicle to them. I only hope this takeover, if it exists, goes ahead and that they can tempt him back. If neither happens then we will lose the majority of our squad and we will fall quicker than Pompey. 

The fans are pissed off. I've seen season ticket renewal forms torn up, cut to pieces and shredded on twitter. We have been through a lot under Ashley but I think this has pushed us over the precipice. 

I feel so sorry for you guys, this is beyond ridiculous. I hope you get some new ownership sorted soon, before you crumble :( 

It's gone from a summer of hope / anticipation to a summer of dread / trepidation in about three weeks. God I hate Mike Ashley.

We should form a breakaway club, like FC United / AFC Wimbledon etc :D

NewNewCastle

• Like 2

Aye, contract officially ended today (well at the coming midnight) but as of yet, 21:53 UK time, no Rafa statement at all. Most odd.

United announce new deals for Andreas Perreira and Axel Tuanzebe - nothing major but Tuanzebe did well at Villa last year so it'll be interesting to see if he stays with the first team this year or goes out on loan again.