FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

WrestleMania 32

Well, we've had all PPV's before, the next one is the biggie: WrestleMania 32.

The card so far is as follows:

fsA5CSx.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match:
Triple H vs. Roman Reigns

Hell in the Cell Match - Undertaker's Career On The Line:
The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon

Street Fight:
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose

WWE Divas Title Triple Threat:
Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch

WWE Tag Team Title Match:
New Day vs. The League of Nations

WWE Intercontinental Title Ladder Match:
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. Kevin Owens

WWE United States Title Match:
Kallisto vs. Ryback

The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz

Natalya, Paige, Alicia Fox and Brie Bella vs. Lana, Tamina, Naomi and a partner TBC

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal:
Heath Slater, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Adam Rose, Big Show, Kane, More TBA

Shane McMahon came out of nowhere! Not one person expected that! I haven't watched RAW from last night yet but he must have got one hell of a pop. I also really like the theme song for this year's Mania:

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it already. Never thought I'd see Shane McMahon in a wrestling capacity again so this is a hell of a surprise - also a bit odd that he comes back and is taking Taker on but lety's see. I wonder if that means Taker will not be retiring at this year's Mania after all?

I also wonder what will happen with the Diva's title. It will be at Mania I'm sure but who against?

Used to be a massive wrestling fan, but really lost interest in past two years or so. Still, tune into the Rumble and WM every time, it's a bit of a tradition. Shane v Taker was unedxpected, and the other matches look decent. Reckon it'll see the torch pass from HHH to Reigns, and Ambrose v Lesnar should be ridiculous.

What a massive pop shane o'mac got last night wasn't ever expecting seeing him come back.....

All three have the potential to be slobberknockers lol It's shaping up nicely wrestlemania but in regards to the divas title i see that being a triple threat..

Also with what ive heard don't rule out john cena fighting probably againts del rio

They's also rumors of AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens ...

Huge pop for Shane and I marked out BIG time. Rumours that he's a placeholder for until Cena returns however, we might even see Cena return and help Shane win to get the Authority out of power.

Decent mania card, some good matches still to come, and Nakamura is signed which should help take NXT to the next level once again. Good stuff!

Fantasy booking for me is you have Shane hang with taker, kicks outs etc. Just long enough for a Bullet Club run in (with Balor) and a Shane O'Mac heel turn. You then build to an eventual situation where the Bullet Club runs the show (A La DX/Radicalz/nWo) and eventually The Authority reforms The Shield ahead of Summerslam. 

Rollins' injury almost gifts you this opportunity. Plus there's no reason for Bullet Club to touch NXT (Although announcing Nakumura there ruins it somewhat for me). Rollins return for a Shield vs Bullet Club feud is gold.

It also writes Vince off tv (whose looking very much his 70 years) and you use Shane in the Vince role. Bring him back either as heel or face when required.

Bullet Club (Gallows and Anderson) are both signed to NXT and Balor isn't being promoted for a few months at the earliest. It's a slow burn storyline in the making that should end up gold.

How Taker/Shane is most likely to work - Shane gets mauled, Cena returns from injury to thwart the evil McMahon/Authority empire, Shane wins, we party like it's 1999 (WOO ATTITUDE ERA!) :lol:

Bullet Club (Gallows and Anderson) are both signed to NXT and Balor isn't being promoted for a few months at the earliest. It's a slow burn storyline in the making that should end up gold.

How Taker/Shane is most likely to work - Shane gets mauled, Cena returns from injury to thwart the evil McMahon/Authority empire, Shane wins, we party like it's 1999 (WOO ATTITUDE ERA!) :lol:

Yeah I know, it was just my fantasy hat on. Bullet Club - Shield feud down the line would be golden though.

Yeah I know, it was just my fantasy hat on. Bullet Club - Shield feud down the line would be golden though.

That, plus possible war between AJ Styles and Finn Balor over control, plus possible Bullet Club vs Itami/Nakamura too... loads of possibilities there. GONNA BE MAGIC! :D

I've never seen these 'Bullet Club' guys so not sure on all that - I know a lot of people are excited about it though, so that makes me want to see it. Clearly I'm missing out!

Usos vs Dudleys and the Andre the Giant battle royale announced for WM now... those two smell of pre-show, I reckon.

I'm kind of gutted that they're going down the New Day vs LON route. New Day are wasted on those four, for me. I'd have rather seen some kind of New Day/Usos/Dudleys/Luchas TLC match... that could have been incredible.

Also, two episodes of Raw left until Mania and BRAY WYATT STILL HAS NOTHING.

I was thinking that maybe, maybe, they'd put him against Sting. That'd just work. But it seems too late for that, now. No doubt we'll get some kind of Wyatts vs Social Outcasts or something. Argh. Running out of options for Bray, which is a shame.

Also, how about for Shane vs Taker... Cena interferes to help Shane to get rid of the Authority. Makes sense that he'd do that (plus get's him involved in WM somehow) plus sets up Cena/Taker for WM33 easily.

Something inside me really wants Shane to win and WWE goes back to the pre-PG/Attitude era....not going to happen but I can dream

Something inside me really wants Shane to win and WWE goes back to the pre-PG/Attitude era....not going to happen but I can dream

I think he will given this:

A May 23rd RAW taping in Baltimore, Maryland is listed as “Monday Night RAW vs. WWE.” This is the taping directly after the May 22nd PPV, which was just changed to be Extreme Rules.

RAW vs WWE...?

A May 23rd RAW taping in Baltimore, Maryland is listed as “Monday Night RAW vs. WWE.” This is the taping directly after the May 22nd PPV, which was just changed to be Extreme Rules.

RAW vs WWE...?

Oooooooh interesting!!

Usos vs Dudleys and the Andre the Giant battle royale announced for WM now... those two smell of pre-show, I reckon.

I'm kind of gutted that they're going down the New Day vs LON route. New Day are wasted on those four, for me. I'd have rather seen some kind of New Day/Usos/Dudleys/Luchas TLC match... that could have been incredible.

Also, two episodes of Raw left until Mania and BRAY WYATT STILL HAS NOTHING.

I was thinking that maybe, maybe, they'd put him against Sting. That'd just work. But it seems too late for that, now. No doubt we'll get some kind of Wyatts vs Social Outcasts or something. Argh. Running out of options for Bray, which is a shame.

Also, how about for Shane vs Taker... Cena interferes to help Shane to get rid of the Authority. Makes sense that he'd do that (plus get's him involved in WM somehow) plus sets up Cena/Taker for WM33 easily.

Meh on pre-show, would rather see NXT matches but they have Takeover: Dallas the previous night so stuck with some midcard LON bs.

Bray is an interesting one, might be holding him to interfere in the main title match to try and cost Reigns or he'll probably pick up vs Ambrose instead.

Shane vs Taker I have two ideas for, the first being similar to you with Cena helping him win to 'save Raw'. The second I'd see more at a Rumble due to them loving bringing back old talent there. Shane is in trouble and the Deadman calls for a tombstone... just then Shawn Michaels music hits and he charges the ring, only to be floored by Taker. He's lining up the finish again when - uhoh Batista! One big boot later and we're back to normal... then we hear Orton's music hit, then Kane's, then it's Mark Henry, but all get wrecked. Finally the music hits and Mick Foley comes down with a chair and starts wailing on Taker, finally getting the upper hand. He drags (the semi-conscious form of) Shane on top of Taker, then piles on top to stop the kickout (also add in the other wrestlers for a bit more fun if you'd like!). If I'm in charge of WWE and want to do a few month of storyline with Shane in charge, that's how I'd do it - book the streak victims to come and haunt Taker and set up something fun.

I think Mania will be good no matter what, it should have a few top matches and a bit of drama. Just not that excited over the main event or the future of the main title picture.

RAW vs WWE...?

Source?

Source?

It was posted on thewrestlinganswer.com - I can't be assed to go back and find the direct article as it was posted a while back.

It was posted on thewrestlinganswer.com - I can't be assed to go back and find the direct article as it was posted a while back.

No worries

Yeah it's been reported a bunch of places so it may be legit or even just WWE trying to sow seeds of disinformation again. Fingers crossed though because I think having Shane run things until Summerslam would be a good storyline.

Updated the first post with the latest card for the show. Really starting to fill out now...

Who ended up watching it then?

I caught it yesterday while recovering from a mad weekend.

Loved the ladder match and it looks like a slow burn build-up for Owens vs Zayn which I'm ALL for. Pointless winner given what I've heard (but not seen yet) about RAW.

Jericho vs AJ was a good match, was expecting an AJ win so was pretty surprised by that. Again though, having heard what I heard about RAW, I guess AJ isn't too upset about it (although no chance he'll be beating Roman).

League Of Nations vs New Day was utterly pointless - saved only by the little spot-fest after with the 3 legends. HBK looks in good shape though.

Lesnar vs Ambrose was ok I suppose. No doubt about who was going to win it but why have segments with Funk and Cactus Jack handing over 'weapons' to Ambrose if he doesn't even bring them out during the match? Waste of segments there. Meh.

Women's triple-threat was fantastic . Really really good. I half-expected a Sasha win but can see why they'd want the Flair name to be the first one to hold the new Women's title.

Hell In A Cell was ok. Was never going to be match of the year, and there was only ever going to be one winner if we thought about it properly. It would have been pointless having Brock hold the streak to then have Shane )'Mac beat it as well. Hell of a bump from Shane near the end though!

Battle Royal = meh, filler segment. Interested to see how they use Baron Corbin though.

Main event was a big fat meh. I think i was just bored after 5 hours of it all more than that match being shite. I know everyone in the arena was booing Reigns' win but I don't particularly mind him as champion in all honesty. I'd rather it be someone else but I don't hate him enough to boo him.

May be a week late...but watching WM now  :thumbsup:

Diva's 5v5. Some decent stuff, but the teams made no sense at all. Piss break match.

Ladder match was good, built a few rivalries, poor choice of winner. Everyone looked good and got a spot or two to showcase their skills. Interested to see Zayn vs Owens rivalry now.

Jericho over AJ... urghh. Doesn't really matter but why give the part timer who's about to leave for 4-6 months a victory at Mania? No sense in this one at all.

LoN vs New Day was okay. Just okay. Nice to see legends return, but it didn't seem to fit for me. Just a time filler with fan service.

Lesnar/Ambrose was everything I expected. Weapons not playing a major role, Ambrose taking a beating and coming real close, then Lesnar destroying him for the pinfall.

Women's title match was good. Think Charlotte has improved after a poor spell, Becky is rapidly gaining steam but needs more charisma/character, and Sasha is just awesome. Dodgy finish annoys me, Ric being overly involved in matches and storyline annoys me, wrong winner, etc... sour taste in mouth after this one sadly. We get a cracking match, but spoiled by the ending and story. BOOOO!

Shane and Taker did good for a couple of old guys. Some lovely work, good storytelling, Shane looked awesome, Taker did his job real nice. Shame Shane couldn't win just for the ongoing storyline with potential roster split until SummerSlam, but it's just not to be. :(

World Title match. Was okay really, some nice bits but quite a boring match after a good card. The even had dragged on by then and even here we were screaming at the tv to get it over with as we were bored of wrestling and wanted to go to bed! :lol: No surprise in the winner, hoping he heels it up a little now. Also hoping HHH stays out the ring now, it's not the same for me seeing him wrestle, he's far better as a character or behind the scenes doing phenomenal work in NXT.

The Battle Royal was fairly decent but left too late in the card for us (actually thought they'd pulled it for ages), disappointing entrants, no intros for legends such as Tatanka... really what was the point of him being there?! Corbin winning was good, though he's not ready for the main roster imo. No Wyatts surprised me tbh, was thinking Strowman would get the trophy but Corbin is similar. Also shame no Cesaro, knew he was in town and fit, thought it was a nice spot for his return but they saved that for Raw.

All in all a good show. Just skip the Tag titles, Diva 5v5, and main event when watching it and you'll have a great time! :D