FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

England

I'm not one who is majorly behind our national team as the football bores the hell out of me. Either way, there are two meaningless friendlies coming up and here is the squad for that:

Goalkeepers: Butland, Forster, Hart.

Defenders: Bertrand, Cahill, Clyne, Jagielka, Rose, Smalling, Stones, Walker.

Midfielders: Alli, Barkley, Dier, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling.

Forwards: Kane, Sturridge, Vardy, Walcott, Welbeck. 

Doesn't that fill you with glee?

Incoming Henderson and Sturridge injury then :(

Incoming Henderson and Sturridge injury then :(

And Clyne, Milner and Lallana would be good too. Right?

We playing friendlies, not a competition match so why not pick players who are not regulars or even semi regulars. Stick a bunch of first timers who have been doing well this season (yeah there a couple in there) and give them a bash. But I cannae be bummed with internationals apart from major competitions. Pointless, no passion, just doing so then can go "ooh aren't I great". Pfft

Preferably. Don't know how many you bribed Hodgson to ruin this time around? :P

A lot of talk on Twitter this morning than Andros Townsend is going to be part of Woy Hodgson's Euro squad  :homer  :homer  :homer  :homer

Arsenal's Jack Wilshere, Newcastle's Andros Townsend and Manchester United's Marcus Rashford have been included in Roy Hodgson's 'provisional' Euro 2016 squad.

Hodgson has taken the decision to name a larger squad of 26 rather than the final 23 - perhaps to give players a chance to prove their fitness and to take in the fact that Manchester United and Liverpool players still have games left to play this season.

Wilshere's Arsenal teammate Theo Walcott is perhaps the highest profile name to be missed off the list whilst 18-year old striker Rashford is the surprise inclusion.

Jamie Vardy has been rewarded for his sensational form as has Premier League Golden Boot winner Harry Kane.

Jermain Defoe has 15 Premier League goals this season but it's Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge who takes the other forward spot alongside captain Wayne Rooney ahead of the Sunderland striker.

Hodgson has until May 31 to formally submit his squad to Uefa, handing him the opportunity to replace injured any players ahead of that deadline.
England begin their campaign live on ITV against Russia on the 12th June in Marseille before facing Wales and Slovakia in Group B.

tSiNXeN.jpg

Not really sure how Wilshere gets a look in when he's been out for so long but meh. Not arsed really.

Not sure on Townsend like but Rooney and Wishere I see as good choices if only for the experience they bring. Maybe leave Jack out thee actual squaad but Rooney should be taken.

A lot of people kicking off over Rashford on Twitter as well. To me, it doesn't matter if it's Rashford, Defoe or Carroll. Whoever it was is there to make numbers up in the provisional squad & won't make final 23. In that respect why not Rashford? It's a good way for him to get some experience and a feel for International football. Defoe will be retired next year and wouldn't get any games this summer anyway and Carroll is free to spend his summer pilled up at music festivals. No point him being in the 26 for the experience and integration as he doesn't need it.

Aye, the auld gits are gonna have to retire at some point and you gotta bleed the young'uns in the major tournaments at some point so you may as well do it while you got the experienced hands to go alongside them. As far as Strikers go I reckon we take Rooney, Rashford, Vardy and Kane. That way we got youth up front and youth that can score but we also got big game experience in Rooney should he be needed, and Rooney has shown he can also drop further back if required. Plus if you don't want to take Rooney as a player then take him along as a coach/advisor. Simples innit.

Game against Turkey about to kick off, I'm putting it on the TV as there is nothing else on. Here's hoping it's a good game as I've not watched an England game in about 2 years due to the boring football!

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up like.

Harry Kane scores inside 2 minutes! Good start!

1-1, not sure where Hart was running off to.

San Francisco maybe?

Meh, it would appear i've not been missing much. Scraped the win in the end.

Better than a collapse though we once again proved we preparing to exit the Euros on pens

• Like 1

Well there's a surprise, Daniel Sturridge out injured. Was there ever likely to be any other outcome?

• Like 1

Well there's a surprise, Daniel Sturridge out injured. Was there ever likely to be any other outcome?

It's why I wouldn't take him to a major tourny - he's one light jog away from having a breakdown. No point him going if he can't stay fit!

It's why I wouldn't take him to a major tourny - he's one light jog away from having a breakdown. No point him going if he can't stay fit!

I kind of see your point. He's a hell of a finisher, but kind of useless sat on the physio table. It's a massive risk picking him over someone who may be fit.

That said, if he is available for one big game and turns it on, is it a risk worth taking?

I reckon we gonna do pretty poor at the Euros, get out the groups 3 in 3 then fluff it.

The Euros, what's that?

European Championship

Huh? There's no European Championship. Haven't been any major international tournaments in years!

Erm, Euro 2016???