FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

England

I think if Norway aren't in it, it doesn't exist? 

At least someone partly got the joke. It's been so long since Norway was in a major international tournament that I've forgotten they exist!

• Like 1

Ah :homer

• Like 1

Well, Rashford starts tonight:

yP5o5rD.jpg

Obviously a squad to pick off the extras. Hope Forster has a cracker of a game, deserves it for me. No bias at all like.

Rashford scores on his debut and inside a couple of minutes!!!

Flash in the pan, yesterdays news. Hehehe.

Been doing some thinking in my aged mind which is sparingly covered by black hair, nerves, blood vessels, muscles, tissue, fats and skin. And Rashford is certainly stating his case for a seat on that plane to France but for me I wouldn't take him. For all his unquestionable talent I think he is too young to take to a major tournament, yes I hear you cry younger players have gone and have done well but if he does go and has a shocker we as a set of fans are probably the most unforgiving in the world and that could completely derail his career. So I would leave him at home this time round and say, you have the talent to be in the squad and in two years you will be on the plane to the WC (should we be there) but this time I'm not selecting you. You can come for the big tournament experience but you are not in the 23 man squad. That is what I would do. So along with Delph, who is injured now I think I'd cut him and Wilshere from the squad.

Squad announced for the Euros then:

VsFE4I1.jpg

Rashford AND Sturridge make the cut.

Means competition fro places up top is very saturated imo.

I gan with it for the most part, though I have this horrible feeling that Rashford is gonna be the one to miss that crucial penalty then crumble and go to pot under the shed load of abuse he gets for doing so. I hope I'm wrong.

MCfgASv.jpg

I reckon that's either bang on or very close to the staring line up v Russia next week

Reckon that will be about it. Unless Milner gets crocked

Bruno Alves sent off for what can only be described as assault on Harry Kane

Absolutely shocking challenge and the fact his teamates had the gall to protest is shocking. Red card won't mean he is suspended in the Euros but FIFA can look at and hand one out if they believe it is deserving.

Portuguese view on it!?

Disgraceful and one of the reasons he and Pepe shouldn't even be at the euros not good enough to be a international player and the same can be said for Pepe, that's why he didn't made the Brazilian national team...

Portuguese view on it!?

Disgraceful and one of the reasons he and me. Pepe shouldn't even be at the euros not good enough to be a international player and the same can be said for Pepe, that's why he didn't made the Brazilian national team...

Can Ronaldo take you far though?

I am sure the team that started yesterday will not be the one starting in the euros.
There is a lot of good players in the 23 chosen to go to the euros and I am a firm believer that the Portuguese team is not just Ronaldo.
There are a lot of young blood that were part of the under17's and under 21's teams that were in the finals and won the last European tournaments in this categories in the last 3 to 4 years.
Also there is players that at club level in the youth champions league did very well.
I don't agree with some of the choices made to go to the euro and feel that a lot of younger players could of been called and that that is what is needed in the national team at the moment.
The older players are getting to old and we need to revamp the team with new young blood.

I understand that on paper everyone is looking at Ronaldo but for me and for what I could see in the champions league final, he is tired and injured again but Ronaldo being Ronaldo will just go and play through it, the only big international competion I remember that we had Ronaldo at 100% was his 1st , in 2004.

Now the team and why I say that Portugal is not only Ronaldo, if you put this players together it looks a lot more then it, especially for us fm players that through the game have a good knowledge of players around the world.

First I would not play 4-4-2 like they started yesterday and would go back to the old Portugal formation of 4-2-3-1

Keeper- One of our problems for a long time but I think that Rui Patricio would be my choice still, although Lopes from Lyon can fight for that position and had a good championship.

Center half- definitely Carvalho and Fonte for me and I wouldn't have called Alves or Pepe and would have called some young blood.

Right back - I would play Andre Almeida he has done a good season and definitely better then Vieirinha that played yesterday , Vieirinha has no pace or vision and definitely the weekest point in Wolfsburg defender this season. I wouldn't have pick him either and would have picked young Semedo as a back up

Left back - if not injured has to be Coentrao the best left back Portugal had in a long time but I would of played Joao Cancelo , Eliseu is old and definitely the weekest point at benfica this season.

Midfield - I would play Moutinho and William Carvalho or Sanches, Moutinho has the experience needed to have along side him one of this 2 amazing young players that are just fountains of energy and pace ( well Sanches is at least, Carvalho is more about strength and holding midfielder) and amazing future.with Andre Gomes as a cover option.

As a 10 - Definitely had to be Bernardo Silva the best ten Portugal has seen since Rui Costa and the Brazilian Deco to replace him if needed Danny

Left winger - has to be Ronaldo because we know he will play no matter what and for me this is his best position and where he should play as cover I would go for another young talent Gonçalo Guedes

Right winger - even though I don't like him that much at the moment would have to be Nani and I might have gone for Quaresma to replace him but Ivan Cavaleiro pops into mind after a amazing tournament last summer with the under 21.

Striker - and here has been the problem for a long long time I think I would go with Rafa he had a good season and it young and with players like this 4-5 behind him could be the surprise of the tournament as a back up has to be Eder the other only striker on our ranks.

So yeah this team is not only Ronaldo:
Rui Patricio
Coentrao (Cancelo)
Andre Almeida
Carvalho
Fonte
Moutinho
W. Carvalho
Ronaldo
Nani
Bernardo Silva
Rafa

To finalise this team wouldn't only be a strong team would suit anything needed tactically because most of this players can play in more then one position so suitable for any need of a tournament.

Almeida can play anywhere from the midfield to defence.

Cancelo left back or right

Gomes center mid or center half

Moutinho anywhere in the midfield and Carvalho and Sanches the same

The same can be said for the front 3 that can play anywhere up front.

And even Rafa can play as a ten.

Very interesting to hear your thoughts. Where would Renato Sanches and Ruben Neves feature? Is Never anywhere near the main squad?

I reckon you and Italy are outside shouts this year.

Very interesting to hear your thoughts. Where would Renato Sanches and Ruben Neves feature? Is Never anywhere near the main squad?

i meant Sanches nor Rodrigues lol typo

And neves not this year but definitely one for the future a midfield with Carvalho Sanches and neves will be something else

I reckon you and Italy are outside shouts this year.

i do love this Belgium team
  • Like 1

2 England fans jailed in France for their fighting.

Good, although all 150 Russians are still free to walk

Aye, though from what I've been reading it seems the Russians who took part were highly organised, whether that is true or not I don't know but if they were then they probably scarpered fairly quickly. I really hope all stays calm from all fans during the rest of the tournament for the sake of football.

The BBC is already focusing on the World Cup 2018 campaign and who shoul dbe in the squad. You can make your own team here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36666860

Here is who i selected:

OHgW9SZ.jpg?1

Sick of the same shit, get as much young talent in there as possible. Players that will be up for a fight and actually give it some.

You should just clone 11 English versions of Kolo Touré!