FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

England

I just concerned that Rashford will burn out by then. Or is that just negative thinking?

I just concerned that Rashford will burn out by then. Or is that just negative thinking?

Well it's possible i suppose.

My team is based on a 'everyone is fit and ok to play' scenario.

Could work, I'll wait a while. See who crocks themselves and who else shows up.

So, Big Sam. I'm going to find a dark corner, curl up and cry.

It's like you don't want any progress.

Aye, can't remember which site it was on but in his last 4 managerial roles his win ratio has been less than 51%

Really doesn't make me want to watch England. Certainly not an improvement on Woy in my opinion.

Most people I know are just accepting it with the quote 'who else is there that we could get' which just about sums up English mentality.

It is abysmal. Don't think he was serious but Cantona did a spoof application for the England job. Now that is the sort of radical view we need. So what if he isn't English, so what if he hasn't won a title, so what if he doesn't have top flight experience, so what if he kung fu kicked a fan? He has a raidical outtake on life and maybe that is what we are lacking? We have not won a trophy for half a century, we haven't come anywhere near for 20 years (if you can even call that near) this isn't an appointment that is going to change that, it is merely an appointment to fill the hole, dare I say a stop gap appointment. Hell we should accepting those Football Manager applications

• Like 1

Sam Allardyce has agreed to terminate his contract as England manager, the Football Association have confirmed.

It has been less than 24 hours since The Telegraph released footage of Allardyce meeting with reporters posing as businessmen looking to profit from third-party ownership of Premier League players.

The 61-year-old accepted £400,000 to help a fictitious Far East consortium circumnavigate Premier League regulations in order to take a cut from its billion-pound transfer market.

Figured this should be taken out the general football thread now that it's a bigger story in it's own right. I can';t believe he has been so stupid as to get involved in this sort of shit. I've no idea who they will bring in but I pray it's not Gareth Southgate.

He been given it as a temp but that was purely due to proximity of next games I think, he has said no before I think, possibly. We need someone who gonna be random and not pick the expected players.

Got my regular Toffs (the retro football shirt, not some posh crap) email through and they had an article on Championship players who deserve an England shot.

Lascelles (Newcastle Utd)

Murphy (Norwich)

Swift (Reading)

Dunk (Brighton)

Abraham (Bristol C)

were their suggestions, I only really know Lascelles and Murphy but I've said we need to look outside the usuals for a while, maybe try it against a weaker side in the group??

No to all of those for me. Just because they are doing ok in The Championship doesn't mean they should be in the squad. You must pick the best performing players from the highest leagues imo unless it's a rare circumstance.

Hence why I said against the weakest side, Malta probably, it a no lose situation for me.

1 hour ago, localhero said:

Hence why I said against the weakest side, Malta probably, it a no lose situation for me.

But then you might argue what the point would be if they're not going to be used again or at the tournament itself ? 

18 minutes ago, mase said:

But then you might argue what the point would be if they're not going to be used again or at the tournament itself ? 

You got to blood them somewhere. But the way the Tories are going there is going to be no room for any non-UK players in the UK anyway so the teams are going to be filled by British players so hopefully that will increase the level of performance of our national sides.

Yeah I vote no to all, decent players the lot but either youngsters that haven't filled their potentials, or some that worryingly have and still find themselves outside the top flight. If it were Wales I'd say give 1-2 a shot (Lascelles but a position of strength for us, and Murphy who I rate highest of all those names), but England have a ton of promising youngsters already, plus good grafters, and far better talents in their prime at every position right now.

Trouble is, the regulars ain't doing jack all cos they think their places are signed sealed and delivered on shiny silver trays and until they realise they aren't they won't give their all. *RANTS UNCONTROLLABLY*

I see they got a stunning 2-0 win over Malta - bet that was thrilling to watch?

• Like 1

Southgate then.

There was no one else, he needs to be bold though. If he has the guts to bring through a lot of his U21s and start them for the full side in friendlies and in qualifiers then we stand a chance of improving. This group is a great chance to bleed them in, it is a fairly easy (comparatively speaking) group to qualify from so there is no better time to blood them.

MEH.

Sums England up entirely.

• Like 1

So a new kit deal with Nike until 2030, when that ends I'll be 46. Forty f-ing Six Ridiculous length of contract.

Meh, never make nice kits anyways so i won't be buying a shirt :D 

Me neither, not purchased a football shirt in ages. That goes for club and country. National side as there no point, club side for the principle of it.

Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe, 34, has been recalled to the England squad.

The 34-year-old has 55 England caps and made his last international appearance in November 2013 in a friendly against Chile.

Southampton duo Nathan Redmond and James Ward-Prowse have also been given their first England call-ups.

England face Germany away in a friendly before a World Cup qualifier against Lithuania at Wembley on 26 March.

Well, he is in form i guess?