FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

EU Referendum

Anyone voting today? I'll be going down after work.

Aye I'll be going up later to vote. I'd have to be dead or close to it before I gave up my right to vote.

Probably the most important vote the UK has had in a good while, no excuse not to vote on this one.

Anyone pulling an all nighter and watch the results trickle in?

No chance :D

I'm already knackered as it is lol

Probably help send you to the land of nod ;) I want to watch it to see if we are doomed

Fuck that, I've voted and that's enough for me

Haha, I've settled in front the TV and I'm ready to rumble.

• Like 1

Fucking bastards

Leave wins and Cameron resigns.

Bugger. Although I dislike Cameron.

That said, this is infuriating:

Nigel Farage has admitted the call to divert an extra £350 million a week to the NHS was a big mistake.

The official Leave campaign's suggestion money saved from contributions to the European Union could be spent on the health service instead featured on buses, posters and was a key plank of their campaigning.

But the Ukip leader, who was not part of the Vote Leave campaign, would not guarantee the NHS would get the extra funds.

Asked on ITV's Good Morning Britain, he told Susanna Reid: "No, I can't and I would never have made that claim - it was one of the mistakes that the Leave campaign made."

Mr Farage went on: "It wasn't one of my adverts.

"I think they made a mistake. They made a mistake in doing that.

So... I guess my plan to come to London after the army has gone to shit. At least it is worth buying things from the UK now!

Thanks for the recession, guys. Can't wait.

Never a time has been better suited to a song than this one,

So... I guess my plan to come to London after the army has gone to shit. At least it is worth buying things from the UK now!

I'm sure you'll still be allowed to visit...

I'm sure you'll still be allowed to visit...

Wasn't talking about visiting. Since I lived there for three years as a kid my dream was always come back and live there, and seeing as I also have a French passport, it was all possible.

If they do what they were talking about in the build up to the referendum then immigration will be like Australia, a points based system. Dependant on skills and language etc. But if you came across with a job offer already in the bag for example then that would put you at an advantage. Whether we go down this line is up in the air as we have just come crashing back down to earth after the vote and there is loose talk of calling a second referendum due to some random point tucked away in a tiny paragraph in the EU constitution. But I don't reckon you will have any problems.

The stupidest fucking part of all of this shit is that there is literally no fucking plan for what happens now

The majority of fucking voters voted for something that they have no idea about the impact of because they don't know what the fucking plan even is other than "leave the EU", that is just fucking stupid, you need a fucking plan

And a lot of the voters probably did it because they want less immigration, but the thing is we could still rejoin the EU free market/borders and nothing changes in those regards, PLUS last year in the UK there were more non-EU migrants (the ones we actually have some fucking control over) than EU migrants

Another big thing people go on about is more control over our own laws by leaving, that's fucking bollocks, we have our say in the European parliament with our elected MEPs. We have an unelected House of Lords that decide some shit for us, a Prime Minister that isn't directly voted for and a monarchy, what sort of fucking control is that? And do you really want to give more fucking power to the fucking Tory cunts that are killing off our NHS?

This will most likely now lead to Scotland departing the UK so they can rejoin with the EU, Ireland will be fucked over if they can't get open borders between Ireland/Northern Ireland, possibly causing some serious fucking shit over there. Wales too might realise their fuck up (they were mostly voting out) and try to do the same as Scotland, their national party have been gaining more and more support in recent years and will probably only get more

George Osborne has warned Brexit will “absolutely” mean tax rises and brutal new austerity cuts.

The Chancellor made his dire statement today - despite not following through with his threat to hold a summer Brexit budget.

The pound has plunged, yesterday falling to a 31-year low, and shares in some banks and building firms were temporarily suspended yesterday to try to stop their rapid slide.

And Mr Osborne has warned a "prolonged period of economic adjustment" will have a big impact on taxpayers.

The Remain campaign was accused of scaremongering during the EU referendum campaign, as it relied on dire predictions of economic disaster to try to convince voters to stick with Europe.

But the Chancellor said his stark predictions about the impact on the public finances "have started to be borne out by events".

Fuck sake.

It was always gonna happen if we voted out. And the out campaigners don't have a clue how to cope. Can you see Boris leading us out of this effectively?

Boris can't lead shit, bloke's an idiot

He the favourite. And he, like Trump, will spout the bits people want to hear in order to get himself elected. This time next year we could have Trump in the Whitehouse and Boris in #10

This time next year we could have Trump in the Whitehouse and Boris in #10

Now that is scary. Time to invest in companies that sell shelters!

The thought of Boris angers me, the thought of Trump is frightening.

The thought of Boris angers me, the thought of Trump is frightening.

Yeah I think I might just move to the Moon for a few years until Trump fucks off

• Like 1

Yeah I think I might just move to the Moon for a few years until Trump fucks off

That could be risky, knowing him, he probably has some ridiculous idea that ISIS are controlling the moon and it should be blown up