FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

Pokemon Go

Not touched this in a while. Any major updates?

Yes, the new tracker has ruined the game for me now :(

There's a new tracker?

2 hours ago, Pyso said:

There's a new tracker?

If you can call it a tracker. It now just shows you pokemon near pokestops and not anything around you.

It sucks as I'm at work and it's showing me pokemon up at the stops in town (not walking distance) rather than ones out in the car park. I caught a Dragonite in our car park last week but I only knew it was there as it was on the nearby list so i took a quick walk. If it was there now, I'd have no idea it was even there. The same can be said for other areas where I live. There are spawn areas near my house that would show up on my nearby list. When they did I'd go take a walk to find them. Now, the nearby is only pokemon that are at the pokestops in town. It's ridiculous.

What the actual fuck? Jeez, that sounds so bad.

2 hours ago, mase said:

If you can call it a tracker. It now just shows you pokemon near pokestops and not anything around you.

It sucks as I'm at work and it's showing me pokemon up at the stops in town (not walking distance) rather than ones out in the car park. I caught a Dragonite in our car park last week but I only knew it was there as it was on the nearby list so i took a quick walk. If it was there now, I'd have no idea it was even there. The same can be said for other areas where I live. There are spawn areas near my house that would show up on my nearby list. When they did I'd go take a walk to find them. Now, the nearby is only pokemon that are at the pokestops in town. It's ridiculous.

Yeah it's phase one, the other phase is testing atm and will show those Pokemon around you. So it'll end up being a sort of "near" list as usual, but some will have backgrounds showing you what pokestops they are near. Not sure why they are testing in stages, but then again the old footprint system was buggy as hell so... who knows lol! :lol:

On 02/12/2016 at 19:23, ChrisOrmie said:

Yeah it's phase one, the other phase is testing atm and will show those Pokemon around you. So it'll end up being a sort of "near" list as usual, but some will have backgrounds showing you what pokestops they are near. Not sure why they are testing in stages, but then again the old footprint system was buggy as hell so... who knows lol! :lol:

True, but at least the nearby list showed stuff around you rather than a mile away :D 

Had a 1500 Lapras run from me yesterday, first Ultra Ball as well :(

Thanks to the recent events i now have:

• All 3 starters fully evolved
  • Xmas Pikachus and Raichus for days
  • Togepi, Magby, Smoochum, Cleffa and Pichu (x2)

My pokedex says i have now caught 139 pokemons.

I'm such a fucking nerd :D 

I don't walk many places... 

IMG_1948.PNG

17 hours ago, KD95 said:

I don't walk many places... 

IMG_1948.PNG

Yours looks like mine (I've not even opened the app for a ocuple of months now!)

So, i am now down to all but one Pokemon. I need to evolve my Togepi into a Togetic and then I have every Pokemon available in the game so far. It's a bastard though as not getting too much luck with eggs and it's 5km per candy as a buddy - i need 27 candies :( 

And Generation 2 is a go!

Soooo many new Pokemon to grab

Do you have to move to do this?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, localhero said:

Do you have to move to do this?

In theory yes, but there are ways around it - lots of people who can't leave the house are able to play still/

Just now, mase said:

In theory yes, but there are ways around it - lots of people who can't leave the house are able to play still/

Hmm, debating giving this a go....

Just now, localhero said:

Hmm, debating giving this a go....

There are apps that will put a joystick on your screen so you can walk around if you need to. Just don't get caught GPS-ing to tokyo and back within an hour :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, mase said:

There are apps that will put a joystick on your screen so you can walk around if you need to. Just don't get caught GPS-ing to tokyo and back within an hour :lol: 

I'll give it a go.

Meh too geeky for me, uninstalled haha.

• Like 2

I have it installed but haven't played in months lol

I see the icon on my screen every now and then, and at times I even launch it. Then I catch a pokémon and close it. 10/10, would fuck again.

• Like 2

I'm the same except I catch 15-20 and then forget it for a week or two. :lol:

Been chipping away at the new pokés this week after re-installing on new phone. Sentret seems to be the new rattata, and hoothoot the new pidgey...along with those two. Followed tracker for a Skarmory, which promptly disappeared when I got close :( Apparently there is a Cyndaquil nest in St James Park(London), Totodile in Hyde Park, but haven't been London way for a while.