FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

Pokemon Go

Anyone still playing this?

Caught a Mew at the weekend, and a load of Alolan Pokemon too.

I like the fact they've introduced friends, gifting and trading (not been able to do a trade yet mind)

On 25/06/2018 at 12:34, mase said:

Anyone still playing this?

Caught a Mew at the weekend, and a load of Alolan Pokemon too.

I like the fact they've introduced friends, gifting and trading (not been able to do a trade yet mind)

I logged on occasionally the last few months but been on pretty much every day since the update, caught a fuck tonne of new pokemon the last few days :D

The introduction of friends, the daily challenges and the mythical) (think thats what its called), give something extra to play for

I play it now and again, but i'm only level 22 and have missed out on lots of events/community days. I'm not overly fussed about that, but it does make it tricky when hopping on and trying to play catch up!

Still playing, not every day but we make an effort to get out and raid with the locals etc. Currently level 36, some big cp pokemon, quite a few shinies, couple of luckies, lots of legendaries and event pokemon too.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2018 at 21:58, ChrisOrmie said:

Still playing, not every day but we make an effort to get out and raid with the locals etc. Currently level 36, some big cp pokemon, quite a few shinies, couple of luckies, lots of legendaries and event pokemon too.

Nice, nobody in my town really plays so not been able to do a single trade yet. And i can only raid solo so basically level 3 and below

On 06/08/2018 at 04:21, mase said:

Nice, nobody in my town really plays so not been able to do a single trade yet. And i can only raid solo so basically level 3 and below

If you haven't already done so I'd check out the Silph Road community map which lists Discord groups that cover certain areas. Met a lot of people through that and it's how we coordinate raids. If one doesn't suit your needs create a Discord group, then post it on that map to see if you can get some people interested. Most raids can be done with 5-6, the biggest with 8 of decent level so you might be able to get some action going there. Good luck!

• Like 1

Is making friends and sending/receiving constantly a super easy way to get xp? I jumped 80k xp in a day with little or no pokehunting or anything.

On 18/08/2018 at 19:32, David said:

Is making friends and sending/receiving constantly a super easy way to get xp? I jumped 80k xp in a day with little or no pokehunting or anything.

I don't know the numbers tbh. I am a high level though so i don't really pay attention to XP purely as it takes so long to level up once you're level 30+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mase said:

I don't know the numbers tbh. I am a high level though so i don't really pay attention to XP purely as it takes so long to level up once you're level 30+

I didnt touch it for that long that I'm a lowly level 24, I was only 21 a few days ago after started friend request spamming

1 hour ago, David said:

I didnt touch it for that long that I'm a lowly level 24, I was only 21 a few days ago after started friend request spamming

It's probably that the XP from it would be a lot more noticeable in the 20s tbf.

• Like 1

New quest event has just gone live following on from getting Mew. Means we can now get Celebi.

Fook me, a bunch of 30odd year olds and this thread is still going strong haha

• Haha 1

Aye, mental ain't it? @mase I was correct in my assumption bout xp from friends. Once it hits level 2 friendship (about 4 days of sending/receiving gifts back and forth) you get 10k per friend, not sure what you get for level 3 or 4 yet.

I shared my trainer number on twitter and now have a tonne of Japanese folk sending me gifts every day!

2 hours ago, David said:

Aye, mental ain't it? @mase I was correct in my assumption bout xp from friends. Once it hits level 2 friendship (about 4 days of sending/receiving gifts back and forth) you get 10k per friend, not sure what you get for level 3 or 4 yet.

I shared my trainer number on twitter and now have a tonne of Japanese folk sending me gifts every day!

Whats your trainer code, i'll add ya

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mase said:

Whats your trainer code, i'll add ya

Can confirm if you hit rank 3 with a friend its a 100k xp bonus.Screenshot_20180819-111651.pngScreenshot_20180823-220949.png

2170 0843 5168

Don't really play that much but if it gives yous xp feel free to add. 

Sent yous both a request - will send gifts and shit

• Like 1

On 28/08/2018 at 10:45, mase said:

Sent yous both a request - will send gifts and shit

Guessing you are cmase? Lol

13 hours ago, David said:

Guessing you are cmase? Lol

Yep :D

Grinding for this Celebi atm, hatch 9 eggs is a bitch

I still need to do the 2nd to 3rd evolution of grass pokemon. 

The quest line before that, the MewTwo one I still need 330 Magicarp candy  to hit step 7

On 31/08/2018 at 18:45, David said:

I still need to do the 2nd to 3rd evolution of grass pokemon. 

The quest line before that, the MewTwo one I still need 330 Magicarp candy  to hit step 7

That Magicarp quest was an absolute ball ache.

It's why i'm not evolving my Wailmer yet despite having the 400 candies needed to do it. I'm sure they'll make it a quest so i'm holding out lol.

3 hours ago, mase said:

That Magicarp quest was an absolute ball ache.

It's why i'm not evolving my Wailmer yet despite having the 400 candies needed to do it. I'm sure they'll make it a quest so i'm holding out lol.

Went to the beach to walk the dog, caught about 15 magicarps all using pineappe berrys so 6 candies each. Made a dent but nowhere near enough lol

@mase i'm still trying to evolve a fucking Magikarp!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David said:

@mase i'm still trying to evolve a fucking Magikarp!

I just evolved mines who I've had as a friend since about 2016 :lol:

I did stop playing for about 2yra though.

I have evolved a couple now, and have around 900 candies at the minute.

I'm currently waiting till i have pokemon i can evolve using an item. I have fuck loads of items, but no pokemon ready to evolve