FM-View Forums
localhero

World Cup Chat

Well it's coming, in 2 years anyway, but already there is talk about various things a happening. From the 2018 WC to thee 2026 WC and beyond. But for me the most exciting news is the possible expansion of the WC that is being mooted. So we could have a 40 team competition with at least 2 teams coming from Africa which would leave 6 places open. So who should get those places? Will it happen? And for that matter should the Russia WC even go ahead after all the kerfuffle over the alleged drugs and the olympics. It is gonna be an interesting few years.

Scotland won't qualify.

4th place if they're lucky.

Well that is a given, Scotland just don't qualify for tournaments

• Like 1

We need to put serious effort into hosting some sort of competition so at least we qualify by default.

Wait, there's world cup competitions? Wish someone had told us, we might have tried to qualify!

• Like 1

Canny good for the home nations so far, well we didn't lose anyway. And Kosovo get off to night against Finland. Fully expecting a Finnish victory but it would be nice for Kosovo to at least knock one in.

And they have, nice one Kosovo

Just lost 3-1 to Italy. Not as bad as expected. Hope we beat Macedonia next month!

England scrape through their first qualifier and another dull performance. Did anyone expect anything less?

Nope, 8 of the craptards that lost to Iceland, there were never gonna be any miracles. Unless Big Sam says "Reet, stuff the big names. Stuff the big clubs, stuff the player values, stuff the league they play in. If you playing well ad are in form, English, then you are in line for a call up." Then maybe that will learn the "big stars" what playing for your country actually means. Until the national side manager does that then nowt will change, nowt will happen. We will see the same old pap and we will not win jack.

And breath

We were nice enough to get Germany a nice, easy start.

/huddles up in the corner, crying/

Could be worse, could have had Slovakia.

Seems like the Netherlands just don't want to get back to themselves? Has there football really turned so bad so quickly?

Portugal....in qualifyings we should be named Calculatorland...

Quite a few qualifiers today:

OuqtuJh.png

Italy - Spain being the big one on paper at least.

Doesn't really matter who we'll be playing, we're screwed either way!

Man, I hate being right.

Well we put in another magical performance tonight. Devoid of character and creativity. This against probably the weakest team in the group on home soil.

So Rooney got booed, Southgate got off to a shaky but winning start, we got a tougher game next, should we make changes or give the same starting 11 another go? Scotland were held, N. Ireland did well but a fairly dismal weekend for the home nations.

At least you won. We lost 1-0, to Azerbaijan..

Yeah but Azerbaijan are ranked higher than Malta, and the gap between you and Azerbaijan is a heck of a lot smaller than the one between us and Malta.

Wonderfully woeful performance again except for Hart. If he hadn't been there we would have lost. Dire from most parts. Not impressed. Pfft. You can tell I'm getting old, all I do is moan.

WE WON A MATCH!!!!!

• Like 1

Weeey, well done Pyso!

I didn't watch England again (I refuse), nice to see i was justified in not doing so. Well, not nice as i'd LIKE to watch them. It's just such a waste of time.

That it is, I only watched it cos there was jack else I would rather watch and I needed some background noise, we got our northern neighbours next. We gonna get crushed and we will never live it down.