FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
localhero

General Football

I reckon he'll do alright - it's only the SPL after all :P 

Haven't had a football moan yet today. So this winter break has been confirmed. Pissing nonsense, not needed. And live football on Amazon Prime?? You tekkin the mick? FFS, not only do people need to shell out for Sky and BT Sports they now have to stump up £20bil a month or whatever it is to get Amazon Prime to watch a football match on a pissing tiny screen. Oh joy.

Think it's £7.99 a month, but yeah, still just one more thing to pay for.

Needless to say i'll be using a mates login for things, or finding a stream tbh!

Read somewhere it'll cost £1000 to hook up to everything to see all tv games

On 07/06/2018 at 19:02, localhero said:

Read somewhere it'll cost £1000 to hook up to everything to see all tv games

And they'll wonder why people just stream it illegally!! 

• Like 1

No longer a fans game, mind it ain't been pretty much since the Prem came about. All about the money, money,money

Now, football, amazingly enough is played on a football pitch, but they are sometimes used for other events - usually rugby or concerts.How do you feel about your hallowed turf being used/mistreated in this way? Should they stay just for football or should the clubs seek to cash in where they can?

13 hours ago, localhero said:

Now, football, amazingly enough is played on a football pitch, but they are sometimes used for other events - usually rugby or concerts.How do you feel about your hallowed turf being used/mistreated in this way? Should they stay just for football or should the clubs seek to cash in where they can?

So long as the pitch isn't affected then i don't give a shit :D I'd maybe argue rugby shouldn't be on it, as that really could damage the pitch, but concerts and that are fine imo.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's what I'm a thinking. Cos with rugby you got the tackles and that knocking up the turf plus you gota whole  different setoff markings being sprayed on. I only mentioned this as St James' has been chosen as one of the venues for 3 different rugby matches next year. 

Another Toon related moan from yours truly :D promises that our "wonderful" chairman has broken  and one from Staveley as she saw NUFC if she had a bid accepted 😢 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/contradictions-heart-mike-ashleys-newcastle-14928479

1 hour ago, localhero said:

Another Toon related moan from yours truly :D promises that our "wonderful" chairman has broken  and one from Staveley as she saw NUFC if she had a bid accepted 😢 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/contradictions-heart-mike-ashleys-newcastle-14928479

He seems like your very own Karl Oyston

4 minutes ago, mase said:

He seems like your very own Karl Oyston

Ah yes, Blackpool's famed eejit. I believe we did joint protests before our games once

Bari, Cesena and Reggiana all denied licenses for next season.

Oh dear, financial misdoings? Actual after a bit pottering it looks like it was the case for Cesena and Bari but turns out Reggiana's owners didn't register the club randomly.

• Like 1

Aye, answered your own question.

• Like 1

Why the fuck would you not register your own club?  :lol: 

4 hours ago, mase said:

Why the fuck would you not register your own club?  :lol: 

After Googling and Google translating, I think the club got relegated from the Serie C last season and they blamed the refs and the family that owned them said it wasn't financially viable to keep them running so just didn't register them. Sounds crazy but....

Apparently, and this is just breaking, Terry Henry is going to be new manager of Bordeaux 

Could be a good fit that - think he'll do well as a manager

Squeaky bum time earlier. Down to 9 men but held on for the draw. Europa League baby!!

First time in Europe for a decade or something daft ain't it?

So, Gazza a man who gave so much to Scottish football while at Rangers was nominated to be inducted to the Scottish Hall of Fame but due to his issues someone up high yanked his nomination on the day after World Mental Health Day, how's that for timing? Terrible.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:10, localhero said:

Apparently, and this is just breaking, Terry Henry is going to be new manager of Bordeaux 

New rumours are he could now aller a Monaco. Back where it all began.

12 hours ago, localhero said:

So, Gazza a man who gave so much to Scottish football while at Rangers was nominated to be inducted to the Scottish Hall of Fame but due to his issues someone up high yanked his nomination on the day after World Mental Health Day, how's that for timing? Terrible.

Welcome to Scottish Football. 

• Like 1

It in the CL thread but this one more active so I'll stick it here too;

Good to see this thread has been a buzzing hive of activity....., anyway there is an investigation by the PNF (some French investigation bureau) into potential match fixing in the PSG v Red Star match.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45843131