FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

Bonfire Night

Anybody do anything for this? It's not anywhere near as 'exciting' to see as when I was a lad but it still seems to be like quite a big thing near me. Lots of places holding big shows with food stalls and stuff.

Anyone else get that near them? Anyone bothered by fireworks? I'm guessing it's not even a thing if you go abroad? 

'when I was a lad' - That made me chuckle :lol:

I am going to a mates house. About 10-12 of us are going and we are all taking fireworks. I have bought a 30 pack for £20 from Morrisons. As soon as I get there, I am handing them over and not getting anywhere near lighting the bloody things. I don't trust myself. :cool:

Not a thing, at all. We do a midsummer one, but that's about it. Everything is covered in white now anyway!

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

'when I was a lad' - That made me chuckle :lol:

I am going to a mates house. About 10-12 of us are going and we are all taking fireworks. I have bought a 30 pack for £20 from Morrisons. As soon as I get there, I am handing them over and not getting anywhere near lighting the bloody things. I don't trust myself. :cool:

:D My group of mates have never really bothered with meeting up for it really. Probably for the best given the states we get into!

8 minutes ago, Pyso said:

Not a thing, at all. We do a midsummer one, but that's about it. Everything is covered in white now anyway!

Cocaine??

7 minutes ago, mase said:

Cocaine??

Yes, cocaine straight from the skies. It's why we're so good at winter sports, we're all incredibly high for like 5 months and don't give a fuck.

• Like 1

Nah, hate the bloody things. Should be blooming banned except for licensed displays. And mase, its when I were a lad ;)

5 minutes ago, localhero said:

And mase, its when I were a lad ;)

Isn't "I were" only used in the past subjunctive form?

In proper English yes. In Northern English, especially North East English no :D.

Well, screw your made-up nonsense. I'm all about rules! :P

AND WHERE ARE YOUR COMMAS, YOUNG MAN?

I have a poor sense of humour, just no comma timing! ;)

I am not a northern monkey, so no :P

• Like 1

I've personally never cared for them either way. Not going out of my way to watch them, nor am I going to head to the local bomb shelter...... 

The great thing is, the only kid in the immediate family that I'd actually put in any effort with to make happy gets more scared by the bangs than their dog. So that's good. :D

Pointless day and just a general pain in the fucking arse for me

Always a bunch of cunts nearby that buy fuckloads of fireworks and let them off over about ten fucking days within the next month or so...

Seen a few people set some off today already...

Aye there some reet plebs about who shove them in bins and up exhausts etc. Pain in the arse time of year

A cracking night was had by all at our get together. After having a few breaks due to grabbing food, playing with the kids, our fireworks lasted about 2 hours and it was a fair show. The final firework, which was called the thunderous finale and rightly so, it lasted nearly a minute and was well worth the wait.

Hopefully we can make it an annual thing now.

• Like 1