FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
localhero

Allons-y

Well a long while since I updated but I got kind of into it and kept forgetting to pause at the end of the month so you can get the end of season update. Only did a treble this season but I have my excuses. My #1 keeper got injured for 5months then my backup keeper went and got himself injured for 3months so I played the last 3 and half months of the season with my 3rd choice keeper between the sticks, a lad I promoted from the reserves to go in goal.

Q7N1C4.png

League was mine, all mine, and I dominated the charts too scored 149 in the league and 242 in all competitions.

bzzgzV.png

Well I didn't do any real spending over the summer as I thought my side was good enough to cope and I really should have done as my start to the season has been less than impressive

TO6znJ.png

7 dropped points in the league and soe excellent form from Monaco mean there is already a massive gap to pull back

yvibCp.png

The CL group was always going to be tough to top so I will be happy with second place I thinks

KZKdnU.png

Gonna be a sad but sexy update coming your way soon tonight folks...

Well as I said there was an update on the way, and no, I have not been sacked, at least not yet anyway. My form took a hideous downturn and coinciding with injuries to key players bad things began to happen and I've fallen off the pace in the league but I have time to pull that back or at least I hope I do. The Champions league however is a different story entirely......

UkuQZT.png

And there you have it, a relatively easy group apart from Barca and I failed to qualify for the knockouts

gdYSzq.png

Thankfully my home form got me enough points to end up qualifying for the minor European competition so I will be aiming for the glory of a European trophy this season albeit a lesser one.

And here is how the draw went

NbFroM.png

Well I have been a wee bit pap at updating it this season, apologies for that so here comes a rather large update:

IK2fOd.png

Few shocking results there but some amazing ones including my very recent demolition 10-2 on aggregate of Bayern München giving me the opportunity to play AC Milan in the semis.

jTReq1.png

I'm still second at the moment but I am happy with that given that at one point I was 12 points behind Monaco.

ykg81Z.png

Well another season has come to an end and how did I do? Well I finished with a bang

Ih4lm3.png

On1GPH.png

Ended up taking the league by a clear 4 points despite losing my game in hand but rounded the season out in style by winning the Europa League then destroying Monaco in the French Cup with Divock Origi hitting a double hattrick.

UCke6w.png

Well I got a fair few bits of silver on offer this season, I want to pick up 4 MINIMUM

K2IOZ7.png

aiming for 5 but hoping for all 6.

The Sextuple quest is on, Trophée des Champions is mine, next stop, a toughie, Euro Super Cup.

And the Euro Super Cup is mine after a 4-1 demolition of Man City

Holy fishsticks and pickled gherkins, I ain't updated this for a canny wee while. Sure I took screenies. Oh well.

IVK6Gj.png

eQ0qBP.png

Bit hit and miss domestically at the moment and buggering Lyon ain't dropping many points, got a big week coming up after the next round of the French cup when I play both Lyon and Marseilles, so talk about a big 6 pointer.

On the European front, I am driven to win that one trophy that still eludes me, the

X174Aa.png

Well this has been a buttmunch of a season, out the CL, out the French cup, probably not gonna win the league and all that after spending nearly 1/2 billion quid.

And I did do absolute poop. Won a couple of bits of domestic silver but that it. So this season I will do better, and to do that I must not concede quite so many. Thankfully Donnaruma has now been bled so should do a lot better. I didn't splurge in the summer window, indeed only 1 purchase went into the team straight off bat the other two were signed with the future in mind. (More of them later)

xoEu1s.png

On to the games, it ain't been bad so far but I ain't really had any big challenges in the league so we shall see

5PUtfc.png

And the table stands as thus

b23lbs.png

Well it going ok so far, had some good results and some special results, namely my 5-1 demolition of Monaco. A little disheartened at dropping points v Marseilles but you can't win them all.

oEIjOn.png

So the results have left me in a good position as we enter the festive period, opened up a bit of a gap and will be looking to maintain that over Christmas and enter 2025 on top.

ewtGpr.png

The Champions League is going well, wrapped up top spot in the group with a game to spare so delighted with that though a little disappointed in the second half performance v Man Utd as I was 4-0 up at Old Trafford before they knocked 3 in after the break.

VtiFOZ.png

So my aim is to not lose the final group game and go through the group stage unbeaten.

And we have gone two months further on, been through the January transfer window and only signing I made was a loan signing, an emergency striker, as 3 of mine were injured, joyous. But onto more important things, the results were all going well until I got FM'd in the final game of this period.

93V6me.png

So where does that leave the Ligue 1 I hear you cry, well in a jolly nice position from my pov

V9xxbk.png

And the Champions League, well I stormed the group stage in style and the draw for the 1st Knockout Round wasn't too bad

cHCZei.png

Well once again I seem to have got overly engrossed in my season and forgotten to update for a while, oh well. I am in the same season (only just :))

Well the games themselves have been canny, some annoying defeats but some equally good wins so overall I'm pleased

NK7hoa.png

The Ligue is mine, prised back from the hands of Lyon, should have won it earlier but got beaten by Bastia.

pBZGt2.png

Haven't done too bad so far in the competitions, could get a treble but it will be tough

4AsfTC.png

As I mentioned way back I signed two canny prospects from the hotbed of talent that is Nantes, even though they were just 15 I whacked them straight into my reserve side and here we have

Vl9bkG.png

and

ZbT9Oo.png

And once again I forget to update the CG thread :homer but anyway, the League was mine, the French Cup was mine, and then a combination of a red card and going insane and only having two defenders and playing overload style to try and claw back a 4-2 defecit in final 20mins of CL final saw me get spanked 8-2 by Dortmund, so still it evades me. Grr!!

Anyway onto the new season, season 10 I think, and I made a couple of big sales including one that was for quite a low amount considering who it was but needs must so here are the wheelings and dealings:

2W7uuO.png

The competition goals are largely unchanged, no real surprise there haha

VUWnMW.png

As you can see my CL group ain't the easiest but I shall give it a bash, 10 points for guessing my first opponents in the group stage..... :(

So I through the first month so here are the games

oEpFvd.png

And the table is fairly unsurprising

7cocaN.png

So, it has been a fair while since I updated  due to a variety of reasons but I shall have a fun filled (possibly not fun) but an update shall be appearing in this thread this evening as I continue my thrust to try and win the UEFA Champions League which still eludes me.

And a bit like an overdue baby, it finally arrives...

So the results in this massive period of games has been fairly joyous

7s3uNm.png

First game of the current period was a little disappointing but aside from that the only defeat came at the Bernabeu so I can't really complain and the best result has to be the magnificent 11-0 thumping of Troyes. There is a highlights package awaiting approval by YouTube.

As you might guess from the results I'm top of the table ;) 

tDJAFF.png

Already a 16 point gap opened up so I'm fairly confident, as long as I stay relatively injury free of course.

Champions League is what I want, I qualified top but the draw hasn't been kind :'(

vykmAb.png

Well a disastrous season, by PSG standards, saw me win just the league and Charity shield but amazingly still kept my job. So deciding reinforcements were needed I went and spent.

7PNlqj.png

Couple of beasts to go in the first team right off, one youngster from Africa another young regen from that regen factory that is Nantes and a backup for the first team.

The Champions League draw has been middling this season, neither good nor bad

k6QxFo.png

Should definitely make the knockout stages and should win the group but will be a tough battle v Athletico Madrid.

Games have gone decent so far, 1 defeat but that came in the friendlies so not too bothered.

1ia7j0.png

Only 3 games gone but it still feels good to sit top

7Xk7qu.png

You really are smashing the goals out of the park, crap defence though. Mind you, I'm not too surprised with a tactic that aggressive and foolhardy :D

Good luck in finally getting your hands on that Champions League this year. Remember, you can't buy the trophy ;)

• Like 1

I can have a damn good go at buying it though ;) 

And did the season continue as well as it started I hear you cry? In parts yes

1QjBhk.png

I continue unbeaten in the league so far which puts me top with a marvellous 16 point gap at the halfway stage, heres hoping I can keep up the good form.

KYETbf.png

A bit of dodgy form in the Champions League had me scared for a wee while but I pulled through with 3 wins in my last 3 games and qualified top to be rewarded with a trip to Lisbon

tTVdvB.png

Hopefully make it through the first KO round and see where we go from there, One major disappointment was the KO at the first stage of the League Cup, but my board don't give a damn about that competition so that not all that bad, plus it was against Monaco.

Put it in the FM17 thread but I'll put it here too cos it sexy, got a non league side in t'first round of the French Cup (makes up for getting Monaco in first round of League Cup) and

5gZ2Vf.png