FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
localhero

Allons-y

Mercy? What is this thing?! Hehe

Anyway I move towards the closing stages of the season and, domestically at least, things are going good.

Sf8nJV.png

Some blazing form in the league has seen me more or less clinch it and I would have done if I had beaten Sochaux but the bit that smarts most was a shambolic display against Sporting which saw me crash out the Champions League shockingly early. :( 

9PMpXz.png

But the Ligue is all mine, aiming to achieve at least a +100 goal difference haha

vUt4rq.png

Hit a dodgy patch of form towards the end of the season so only finished 15 points clear in the end. Very annoyed

E8LORY.png

+105 goal difference, geez! How many did you score?

Come on dude, Champions League is getting further away from your grasp...

18 hours ago, Rico said:

+105 goal difference, geez! How many did you score?

Come on dude, Champions League is getting further away from your grasp...

Goals Scored 149

Goals Conceded 44

And back we come again into what is my 12th season I think, longest I've been at a club for a very long time. Normally been through about 40 odd by now.

As always, nearly anyway, we start of with a bonny picture of my transfer wheeling and dealings and for once I made a profit wahey!!

vOtBmj.png

I was gonna make a huge £200mil plus signing but he failed his medical, maybe at the next window if needed.

Well preseason is always used as a chance to get the morale up by winning some games and scoring some goals and this season was no different and this was continued into August.

bvIDY7.png

So the form in the league so far has seen me go top,

auNp4z.png

GD should be better but had to play a reserve goalkeeper as my first team ones all got injured. Gits.

Anyways, Champions League group draw has been very kind and I will be seriously aggrieved should I achieve less than 16 points.

AwwNEY.png

And just for fun

My stats so far

p8MvDL.png

and my position in the Worldwide Hall of Fame

I5LWAx.png

Well we continue plodding along, noticing that I have no real cover for defence so I may have to sort that out in January but no worries at the moment *touch wood*

FvpPTw.png

Just dropping the 2 points so far, still disappointing but that was offset by a run of 4 sensational victories either side of the international break including wins against two of my biggest challengers domestically.

tCIECO.png

So the lead is there, just need to keep on running now, looking to go unbeaten all season. Only 25 games to go ;) 

6ORlAY.png

More or less guaranteed top spot in my CL group and could seal it in my next game with victory over Shakhtar if København drop points against Roma.

• Like 1

And Le PSG continued to "kill it" through to the small break over Xmas ;) 

uxr3lV.png

The only blip on my calendar was the 1-1 draw at home to Roma but I was always going to drop points in my CL group somewhere.

0jhM8V.png

Flying in the Ligue with a 19 point gap opened up over 2nd place already, looking to have a European place sewn up by the end of January if I can :lol: 

As you can guess from my results I qualified to the KO stages in the CL and got a fairly friendly draw in the last 16

mRGmJz.png

Should have an update by the end of tomorrow, was gonna be today but I entered March without realising so will have to play til the end of the month now. :homer

Hit an international break that takes me up to the beginning of April so I may as well start the update now, ain't yous lucky.

Well my unbeaten run came to an abrupt halt in this period, with Marseilles being the side to end it. And then to my embarrassment I suffered a second defeat in the league this time to Monaco. But despite this I have already sewn up the title.

XpPZDW.png

The table looks very sexy as far as I'm concerned

ScqWjh.png

I should easily hit 100 points and am looking to beat my own, and the Ligue's record points total of 101 points at the same time.

Still in the Champions League too, after annihilating Leverkusen though my quarter final opponents will be a much sterner test as I have drawn the bianconeri

o5VjJO.png

Well another season has ended and my lofty ambitions remain unfulfilled. Didn't even win the French Cup nevermind the Champions League.

arhzd7.png

odj7gO.png

OBvBWc.png

Destroyed the league as you can see though only +100 goal difference this season disappointingly.

Gave it a go in the Champions League but a shocking 1st leg left me with no chance in the return match and went out

lwvFw5.png

Next season I will make it mine, if I survive.....

....t5mfQv.png

Nooooooooooooooooo, gone from 2nd to 9th because of this damned takeover. Grr raging.

2 testimonials in amongst my friendlies this season. One for Moussa Dembele and the other for Marcus Rashford. Random.

5 hours ago, localhero said:

....t5mfQv.png

Will be interesting to see if they keep pumping the money in.

Just now, aird said:

Will be interesting to see if they keep pumping the money in.

I still got a large transfer budget in the first window. I hope it continues otherwise the club will go bust with the wage packets my players get haha.

And I should say Gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccciiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     I am now managing the Italian national side as well as PSG. La vita e bella.

I couldn't be  bothered with Italy so I just resigned. PSG management is going really bad so far this season. Really bad.

TnDkQP.png

Had some long term injuries but still a shambles.

2lCILU.png

And the Champions League? Pfft

2nJVOf.png

Well I'm still in a job thanks to my turn in fortune after the Man City match at the end of September

I89IP7.png

Domestically I'm doing fantastic :D

0fhkZy.png

But unfortunately my poor start in the Champions League was further compounded by defeat to Inter and despite beating top of the table Man City in my final group game, Inter also won their final game and I finished third on countback and dropped into the Europa League :'(

QlN1d8.png

The draw was ok, not the worst but not the best either

4ILC9u.png

Well the good fortune has continued,

O26Q5c.png

Just the 2 dropped points in this period and they came against Lyon so I do not worry. And all of this leaves me with the Ligue more or less in the onion bag

3CktQI.png

And onto Europe, I sauntered through the first KO round and now I have to visit the English capital to play Arsenal.

Z8W9te.png

Well another season is over and I remain Champions League Trophyless but I have won yet another Ligue 1 title even after my disastrous start. Might give it 1 more season at PSG to try win the CL and if I do then great, I'll try defend it. If I don't then I shall call it quits and step out into the big wide world. So first of all the games,

SolC5c.png

Arsenal ko'd me despite a decent attempt at a 2nd leg comeback.went on a 31 game unbeaten run in the league before Stade Rennais beat me in the final game of the season but meh the title was all min long before that

faXAfm.png

And just to finish the season off here is my overall performance in the competitions

eMKigN.png

Gonna take a while thanks to relegations and promotions (Grrr!!) but I'm aiming to do a spreadsheet of my record against the majority of the teams I've played in Ligue 1

Well I got a bit of it done, thanks to not being able to figure out how to track down previous meeting stats for teams no longer in the same league it is rather truncated. This includes matches in all competitive competitions but only those against the sides currently in Ligue 1 for the aforementioned reasons.

The Previous Meetings Pt1.png

The bad thing about having an ace team, is everyone wants your players. :(

I kind of got a wee bit sidetracked updating this and I now find myself at the end of December so thought I better provide an update which I can do in a very happy mood having trounced my rivals l'OM 8-0. Just noticing reading this that I have not updated my "managing" bit in my profile thingymajig, which is quite bad given I've lasted longer in this job than I have in any job for about 10 versions of the game. So anyway enough rambling,

9aVQwd.png

Looks a bit wank as it is a couple of printscreens bodged together, some gutting defeats in there but also some magnificent wins, the aforementioned for starters but another notable victory was the right royal ass rupturing I gave to Lyon way back in August, though they got a small measure of revenge just before Christmas.

It is tight at the top though my goal difference is far superior

dc5Chf.png

And whilst I'm watching the Champions League I may as well let you all know how I'm faring in the Champions League this season and it is a case of so far so good.

GQ8epT.png

Qualified top of my group, largely thanks to the other sides struggling to win more than anything else and the draw was fairly kind to me to be fair.

Well my time in Paris will be coming to an end at the close of the current season in France. My dream has come true, I am coming home to manage my boyhood club Newcastle United.