FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

Royal Rumble 2017

RoyalRumbleWWElogo_2017.png

It's January which means it's nearly Royal Rumble time. My favourite PPV of the year! It takes place on January 29th this year.

^ Official Royal Rumble 2017 theme song ^

So far we have the following confirmed by way of card, and it's the first ever 4-Hour PPV for a Rumble:

Singles match for the RAW Women's Title: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Bayley
Singles match for the Smackdown WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena
Singles match for the RAW WWE Universal Championship: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Chris Jericho will be suspended above the ring inside a shark cage)
Singles match for the RAW WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Rich Swann (c) vs. Neville

30 Man Royal Rumble Match:
Participants confirmed so far are (Red = RAW, Blue = Smackdown, Yellow = NXT, Black = Free Agent):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goldberg
Brock Lesnar
Big E
Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods
Chris Jericho
Braun Strowman

Seth Rollins
Cesaro
Sheamus

Baron Corbin
Dean Ambrose
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler
Bray Wyatt
Randy Orton
Luke Harper

The Undertaker

Lot's more will come out in terms of other matches and participants in the coming weeks I'm sure. As usual, I'm expecting a couple from NXT, a few surprises/old faces. Kurt Angle anyone? :D 

Weise to win it, heard it here first ;) 

Finn Balor to win if fit imo. 

Aye, can see Goldberg and Lesnar ruining it for each other in order to set up the third match at Mania.

First post updated, seems heavily RAW influenced so far, worried due to the ratings?

I'll watch it on the Network the next evening I expect. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cena win and Taker win and then have Cena - Taker at WrestleMania

18 Of the spots in the Rumble now taken/revealed. 

12 remain.

Well, I certainly didn't expect that outcome!

TBH, I had quite a lot of the rumble match called. However, didn't expect the winner to be who it was. Sets up quite a few storylines going into WM.

It does, although the winner was a little underwhelming in my opinion.

Also thought some of the entrants were wasted too.

Attended this, wish I hadn't bothered. Was bored for most of it. No surprises apart from Jack Gallagher. :(

1 hour ago, ChrisOrmie said:

Attended this, wish I hadn't bothered. Was bored for most of it. No surprises apart from Jack Gallagher. :(

Is it better in person or in front of a screen?

The seats were not bad, we were parallel to (slightly behind) the stage in a corner. Good view etc, only thing you couldn't see was the screens on the stage itself. $200 for two tickets, and about $200 for food at the arena... way too much.

I was more disappointed with the event tbh, Cena/Styles was good, but I love the Rumble Match for it's intrigue and surprise entrants. Was a bit let down by that match tbh, especially Roman at 30 instead of anyone fun from NXT or an old wrestler returning.

I prefer to watch on tv/computer mainly due to the cost and enormous waiting times to get in the arena and concessions. Probably more to me being an old git tbh :D

Would like to go to another Rumble tbh, just hoping for better atmosphere (no 10-15 minutes dead time between matches where there was nothing for the crowd to do... no wonder we all were bored and not lively at all!), and some good surprise entrants.

Jesus what food were they serving??!!

Hotdogs, burgers, nachos... general crap tbh. Expensive and 45min queues. I'm waaay too old for that kinda shit! :lol:

On 11/03/2017 at 18:50, ChrisOrmie said:

Hotdogs, burgers, nachos... general crap tbh. Expensive and 45min queues. I'm waaay too old for that kinda shit! :lol:

Yeah fuck that - and i'm guessing you're not allowed to take stuff in with you either?

No outside food or drinks allowed, but we did expect it. Overall it was an okay day, but not something I'd be in a rush to repeat!