FM-View Forums
Maestro

Sup lads!

Hey, Álvaro here!

Chilean supporter of NUFC and member from FMSite, a spanish website of Football Manager.

I'm new here so I don't know how this goes so, yeah, that's it I guess :P 

See ya!

Bienvenido, stick around and post well. Always good to see new members especially Newcastle supporting new members ;)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, not sure we want too many more Newcastle supporters though! :P 

• Like 1

@localhero There are a lot of geordies around the globe, but sure there are more in Tyneside than in other places. Love Shearer and a little chilean called George Robledo, dunno if you know him :D Yeah, I know, need to know this place better than just post in wrong places, n00b error lol

@mase Why not? Newcastle United fans are mad and passionate about the club ;) 

Thanks both for your warm welcome, I hope I stay around here in the future :) 

• Like 1

Newcastle, hmm. Think I heard about that team once, did they win League 2 or something?

Welcome to FM-View :D

• Like 1

@Pyso Wow, really? Banter right now? Well, we won the Championship at 2009 so... That counts as a league won so... I'm not a bitter fan, I enjoy the football banter a lot, believe me, specially about NUFC, we need to have a sens of humor ;) 

Thanks man, see ya around here :D 

14 hours ago, Maestro said:

@localhero There are a lot of geordies around the globe, but sure there are more in Tyneside than in other places. Love Shearer and a little chilean called George Robledo, dunno if you know him :D Yeah, I know, need to know this place better than just post in wrong places, n00b error lol

@mase Why not? Newcastle United fans are mad and passionate about the club ;) 

Thanks both for your warm welcome, I hope I stay around here in the future :) 

Oh yes I've heard of George Robledo, hell of a lot better than his countryman Clarence Acuña ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, localhero said:

Oh yes I've heard of George Robledo, hell of a lot better than his countryman Clarence Acuña ;)

That header v Arsenal in our last FA Cup trophy, just fantastic. You forgot another chilean who played for NUFC, the brother of George, Ted Robledo. He played as a midfielder, dunno if he was good or bad, never seen him play. But all of those goals from George says he was a world class striker at that period of time.

• Like 1

Haha I've never seen much of Ted. We have had some great strikers over  the years. Now we have Mitrovic :( 

Just now, localhero said:

Haha I've never seen much of Ted. We have had some great strikers over  the years. Now we have Mitrovic :( 

Asprilla, our lord and savior Shearer, Martins, Les Ferdinand, Mac Macdonald, Demba Ba when he was on fire... Just great player, except for Shearer, he's a legend.

Well, I hope Mitro hit some form really. In FM he was a wonderkid and not scoring in Championship, easier that PL, is not good at all. Even Shola Ameobi dominated the Championship with ease :/ 

I see Mitro and Ayoze as the future for the club but... Idk... Mitro needs to play more. Gayle without a doutb has been incredible this season, 20 goals in what, 24 matches? Just amazing. Then we have the stuggle in the midfield, if Shelvey doesn't play the midfield struggles, and Colback is not an option for me.

But summing up even with stuggles we are going up, at least that what I think so and with Rafa as our manager we can hope a good future.

Mitro, well if he plays well then he is good. But if he didn't have a good nights sleep and someone tackles him too hard he will nut them, or some such thing, and get sent off. His finishing isn't good enough to wear the number 9. I think our midfield is still the best part of the team, bar Colback, we still need a strong central defender - that gap hasn't been plugged for..., well since the days of Peacock and Albert. Dummett isn't good enough at LB for the Prem. I have not a clue why Sels was signed, our keepers are more than good enough. Darlow - superb, Eliott - Superb, Woodman - more or less superb so why Sels was signed is beyond me, and when he has played he didn't even look that good. But we need to spend in the summer if not the next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, localhero said:

Mitro, well if he plays well then he is good. But if he didn't have a good nights sleep and someone tackles him too hard he will nut them, or some such thing, and get sent off. His finishing isn't good enough to wear the number 9. I think our midfield is still the best part of the team, bar Colback, we still need a strong central defender - that gap hasn't been plugged for..., well since the days of Peacock and Albert. Dummett isn't good enough at LB for the Prem. I have not a clue why Sels was signed, our keepers are more than good enough. Darlow - superb, Eliott - Superb, Woodman - more or less superb so why Sels was signed is beyond me, and when he has played he didn't even look that good. But we need to spend in the summer if not the next week.

Spot on mate!

We need to improve, I agree, Mitro isn't the number 9 right now, but he's 21-22, needs to practice more or he'll end as an Emile Heskey. Midfield better than any club in the Championship, no doubt, but idk, when Shelvey isn't here we don't have creativity, well, gotta thank Ritchie doe.

Center Back? Well, for me Lascelles and Mbemba are capable to manage every striker but with Mbemba out in Africa it's hard and we need a back up. Same with Dummet, Idk but here in Chile we have a great LB, Jean Beausejour, played for Birmingham and Wigan, I would say he could still play in the PL.

Case Sels is weird, Darlow is a beast, his penalty saving ratio is awesome, Eliott is alright, took out Krul. Then Krul who is in Ajax and Woodman, well, still a child, but can improve a lot.

We need PL players, not just Championship players, for me Townsend was just out of this world playing for us, he was trying when Sissoko was doing nothing. For me a Gary Medel or an Angelo Henriquez are needed here, both chilean players and hard-working.

• Like 1

Welcome to FM View! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

@hammer9 Thanks man! :D 

• Like 1

Hail @Maestro, welcome to the site!

• Like 1

@Zinedine Zaiddin o/: All hail Zaiddin lads! Thanks man ;)