FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aird

Il Viola Gigliati

Been a while since I've done a current game story! So here we are.

335px-ACF_Fiorentina_2.svg.png

Thought I try my hand in Italian football. I had a whole list of teams to start with Juventus for the easy option or try and take back the title with the newly rich Milan teams, try my hand in the capital with Roma or Lazio but in the end, I landed on an consistent team in Serie A. Persistent mid-tablers Fiorentina.

My goals are to try and close the gap at the top whilst consistently making Europe and pushing for Champions League places before eventually hoping to win Serie A and a European trophy. A few Italian Cup wins wouldn't be too bad aswell I suppose.

The Team:

5UxcGhL.png

The team is fairly well covered in all areas but is lacking a bit of depth in the striking department.

saMTzb7.png

There's also a fair few decent prospects in the overall squad:

c3mmFBk.png

GyVjW16.png

dawIkHL.png

Fdjwc9P.png

xt1WfRq.png

Transfers:

7DhPA1C.png

I did have £9million to spend but couldn't find anyone who interested me. I was also over my wage budget to start with so that had to be sorted. No major dealings. Apart from Caceres coming to replace the injured Rodriguez who is out for 8mths.

Matches:

Cttz2J6.png

As you can see not much done in the way of matches but 2 wins out of 2 will do. Next match is against Roma should be a challenge.

9w6fDhS.png

The Europa League gods have been kind and have given us a hopefully simple passage into the knockout stages.

Will probably do this on a season to season basis depending on how fast I get through the game or unless I get sacked!

Forza Fiorentina!! You should walk that Europa league group like

Mid-Season Roundup:

League:

wp5Kg77.png

4A6JaoT.png

Not the best run of form. Really need to get a constitant run of wins under my belt to push back into the European spots. Need to try and sort out my leaky defence aswell.

Europa League:

owmXw5V.png

Predicted it should be a stroll in the park with my group and it was. Top the group with a clean sweep and some impressive victories. Scoring 19 in the process. At least my defence works in Europe!

Hopefully St-Etienne shouldn't provide much of a dilemma in the next round.

Italian Cup:

ot78kMh.png

2 fairly easy draws in the early stages but will come up against a good Roma squad. Will need to keep going in this incase of failure to reach Europe by league position.

Transfers:

AIFz6uL.png

Happy with dealings in January. Armstrong and Dolberg come into the bolster a weak front-line. Only had 3 first team strikers and Babacar was away at AFCON.

Lemar arrives to add some creative spark, not that I'm missing much, but he's good option to have. Also have a £10m buyout fee inserted so that'll be getting activated with my next season budget.

Badelj wanted to leave all winter. Was hoping to get more but he was moaning. So off he went.

Squad:

nYpYLtA.png

Such a bloated squad. Will need to cut back come the summer and use less of the loan market unless it's a deal I can't pass up on. Will probably lose a few starters aswell as other cubs have been bidding and they're getting unsettled. Namely Kalinic and Astori.

I'm on good terms with the board at the moment. They aren't too pleased about the league position but a few wins will sort that.

Not bad, nice game v Siena like

Sacked with 4 games to go :lol:

Got told to get 10pts from 5 games. Picked up 9 out of the first 4 and since I lost the 2nd game it meant I had to take points off Napoli and they gave me a doing .

Managed to get to the Europa League semis where PSG gubbed me 5-0 before then the 2nd leg ended 1-1.

• Like 1

That is well harsh to be fair, 9 points from 10 ain't bad - deserving of a stay of execution at least