FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
localhero

General FM18 Chat

Well as per usual, once the beta lands, whenever that may be, I will start my save with my home city club Newcastle United. It may well not be the save that takes me through for a long time given developments that are currently occurring in the other universe but it will start here for now.

We will bring you further developments when we have them

It's here. Probably going to try with Rangers hopefully not get too far into it.

I always carry on beta saves including all the bugs :lol:

• Like 1

Aye same here, I'll keep it going until the takeover happens irl

Don't like the use of capitals for everything at the top of the screen where players names etc usually are. Looks messy.

I managed to get the face profiler thingummy to work this year and this is how I look

Phil%20Manager_zpsnqxybnst.png

Can't find away to view my usual page during matches.

I always looked at my players stats during the game but now to view it slows the game down and I never watch the full 3d match.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure my way round the layout :/ In other news, I've ditched the Newcastle save to be restarted after the takeover, which I feel will almost certainly happen in time for the Jan update, and started with the sexy PSG

Carlos Pena valued at £7.25m

750k maybe, £7.25m no chance.

The last few years I have been playing a customised database - I always got a bit sad starting the new game and leaving all the hot prospects in the previous version, never knowing if they'd have broken into the first team or gone on to break international records etc. Since that would have to wait for the full version and the editor though... who should I play as in the Beta?

3 hours ago, Murray said:

The last few years I have been playing a customised database - I always got a bit sad starting the new game and leaving all the hot prospects in the previous version, never knowing if they'd have broken into the first team or gone on to break international records etc. Since that would have to wait for the full version and the editor though... who should I play as in the Beta?

Load a few countries, start unemployed with no experience, hit apply all and see who offers you a job first?

Random thought, I hope they change the logo by the time the non-beta drops. It just don't look quite right

20 minutes ago, localhero said:

Random thought, I hope they change the logo by the time the non-beta drops. It just don't look quite right

Looks ok to me, unless you mean the icon in the taskbar - that looks a little off next to the "17" one. 

Kits is another thing though, I've been using standard kits for ages so everything looks the same without me having to download loads of packs. Got my new season kits ready for my custom team and now don't know whether to keep them or change everything to a new style...

Yeah the icon on the taskbar, looks dull being all white. Needs a bit more colour I think, I'll download stuff this year I think

26 minutes ago, localhero said:

Yeah the icon on the taskbar, looks dull being all white. Needs a bit more colour I think, I'll download stuff this year I think

I've got red in mine. The same as 17 but just a bit less... bold looking.

Yeah I got a tiny bit of red in mine, but it just the outline of the 18 looks a bit ghostly

I've no downloaded it yet, are you all enjoying it? Is it worth getting?

30 minutes ago, mase said:

I've no downloaded it yet, are you all enjoying it? Is it worth getting?

It is taking me a bit getting used to, it is still the same old FM (as always) but the layout takes a bit of getting the hang of. Things aren't always where you'd expect to find them. 3D pitch view is good though. I think by the time the "full" rollout comes around it'll be well canny

Not 100% sure I like the match timeline bar being at the top of the screen, just looks a bit misplaced. I'm getting as moany as @Putzy :( 

11 hours ago, localhero said:

Not 100% sure I like the match timeline bar being at the top of the screen, just looks a bit misplaced. I'm getting as moany as @Putzy :( 

Haha. :D

Yeah, the match timeline feels wrong up there, and the match countdown calendar in the bottom right feels lost. Those are my main two problems so far.

Graphics drastically improved this year though, so props to SI on that one. 

@MurrayHaha I'm the same about the kits, and I'm still not too sure about them yet - but I think they are rendered using the same "3d kits" that are used in the match engine.... would be interesting that's for sure.

Going to wait for a big discount or for my hand surgery before I get it this year.

Liked 17 so hope this is better :)

Definitely will go for one long ass save.

Seems rather slow to me so far. I need a new computer (any decent suggestions?) but there are a lot of people mentioning this on the bugs forum, so I'm not sure how much of the lag is due to my PC. I always used to play split screen, so matches are taking a bit of getting used to, unless I'm just missing the option to make it split screen somewhere. Some new features that I think are good little touches though. Scouting seems a bit better for me, and I quite like the summary pages after a round of matches too. Not too keen on having to push buttons to get to my half-time team talk though.

24 minutes ago, Murray said:

Seems rather slow to me so far. I need a new computer (any decent suggestions?) but there are a lot of people mentioning this on the bugs forum, so I'm not sure how much of the lag is due to my PC. I always used to play split screen, so matches are taking a bit of getting used to, unless I'm just missing the option to make it split screen somewhere. Some new features that I think are good little touches though. Scouting seems a bit better for me, and I quite like the summary pages after a round of matches too. Not too keen on having to push buttons to get to my half-time team talk though.

Yeah it a bit annoying having a bit of a maze to get to a teamtalk, also the buttons for doing the various things like adjusting mentalities, making a touchline shout etc during the half are taking a bit of getting used to (takes me about 3 tries before I pick the right one). Scouting is ace though

Finally starting to settle into a save, shame it will be discarded in Jan (should there be a joyous, momentous, miraculous, beautiful occurrence in time for the Jan update before then) and I am playing as Spurs. Kane is an absolute beast. Chokeslamming people all over the place ;)

Giving Southampton a go while I wait for the editor and my usual custom database. Not going great, no wins until the fifth game of the season when Spurs came to visit: 6-1! Charlie Austin with 5 goals and an assist, a POM and a 10.0 rating. Still didn't make the team of the week, beaten by Morata (2 goals, 8.8 POM rating in a 2-1 v City) and Firmino (2 goals, 8.9 POM rating in a 4-2 v Bournemouth). What does a man have to do?

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.25fbbd9bd225ff7262621380737f4619.png

I thought I would start with Everton as they have had new owners take over and a could get a few players in
Also, they are not really regarded as a 'TOP 6 CLUB' really...Are they??? I am a man utd supporter but I thought utd would be too easy.

My first game of the season was against City. WHAT A RESULT IT WAS!!!!

Check it out :D

• Like 1