FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

Jamie Carragher

I'm sure we've all seen the story/video. Anybody any opinions on it?

I would rather be hit than have someone spit at me, it's fucking disgusting. That said, he has owned it and he does seem genuinely sorry in his interviews. I think being off air for a couple of weeks is adequate enough punishment.

He shouldn't have done it, simple as. Does count as assault I think. But also, the eejit who filmed it was driving at the time and had his eyes off the road while he was doing it so he is a plank also (still didn't deserve being gossed at like). Both absolute tools, let them serve their punishments and we can get on with important things like Newcastle avoiding relegation and Man C wrapping up the title with victory over Man Utd ;)

I agree with what you said. I was once spat at and it is one of the most humiliating things one can do to another. Give him a month or two off air and all will be good. If no one is charging him then no need to fire him I guess. People in higher positions have done worse things and still hold their jobs.

Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky Sports until the end of Premier League season.

Probably a fair outcome all round I think. It's a pretty disgusting way to behave but it's not like he physically assaulted someone. Some time away will probably do him good.