FM-View Forums
Derek

Un-Named Project - Follow Up To Steel 18 Logos

So with the success of Steel 18 Logos and fewer logos left to work on I've decided to try a new style. I see this as a polished version of the previous and would be a separate project all together.

See examples of Steel 18 Logos on the left and the new version on the right.

Thoughts?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

It does look more polished than the old style - like something just after craftsman's treatment rather than a grungy old thing. I think the main drawback in the Steel 18 style has been its darkness that in some circumstances (normal logo displayed in small size on a light background) is not entirely complimentary. The new style with the gradient being more of a linear type, and especially with the opacity stop being pretty much in the middle of the canvas, gives the logos a lighter appearance.

Looks very nice and I like the unidirectional brushstrokes better, but IMO the logos should overall still be a little bit lighter.

• Like 1

I really like them. As you said it's more polished than Steel Logos what makes them lighter. I wouldn't do any change, and i have to desagree with ducc because if they became even lighter i think they would lose their mojo.

• Like 1

The V2 is beautiful

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. I plan to work on source logos before starting these.

I’ll open that thread in the coming days with more info and hope some of you will be able to help out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Derek said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I plan to work on source logos before starting these.

I’ll open that thread in the coming days with more info and hope some of you will be able to help out.

@Derek Mate do you need i send you again all the italian logos used for Steel Logos pack? this time i called "italian db logos" so you can put them apart

Yes please. Thanks

I'm working to update Steel 18 Logos and then focus on this project.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derek said:

I'm working to update Steel 18 Logos and then focus on this project.

Good news mate, i'll help you if you want help 😋

• Like 1

Thanks mate. The best way to help if you or anyone else would be interested is to keep working on the Source Logos project.

I can then use them to quicken up the process