FM-View Forums
Kennedy

Pass the Parcel

I remember we did a 'Pass the Parcel' save a few years ago (couldn't find the thread) and it was a good laugh. Anyone fancy doing this again?
For anyone that doesn't know, basically we'd take turns of the same save controlling the game for a period of time (until the next transfer window?) before passing it onto the next person.

If anyone is interested leave a comment, along with any suggestions on which league or club to start with, manager stats etc. and I'll add you to the list:

1. Kennedy Completed 08/04/18
  2. Kevaggel Completed
  3. localhero Completed 16/04/18
  4. chokosc
  5. StuW
  6. aird

I 'm in, remember doing this ages ago in Fever-Pitch.

If we are able to gather many 'managers' we can make 2 saves, one in UK and another one in South America.

If we can get enough interest then I'm in

Sweet. List updated. Any more takers?

In terms of where to start - I was thinking of loading a few leagues and then just using the 'pick a team for me' option? Alternatively we could pick a club ourselves?

I'd be happy!

Added :)

Aye, chuck my name in the hat.

• Like 1

Added! :)

Think we're ready to start then. No-one has suggested anything so I've tried to set it up as best I can. I've selected the following nations: 
20180403210800_1.jpg

In terms of the manager I decided to make him Swiss to take advantage of the languages he will be fluent in (German, Italian, French and English) which should give us a good chance to move around if needed. I then Google'd the top Swiss forename and surname... so therefore meet our new hero:

Simon Müller
20180403212815_1.jpg

Spoiler

20180403212357_1.jpg

I then clicked "Pick a team for me" and after skipping Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund we have a new club which I will detail in my next post...

• Like 1

Capture.png

Simon Müller joins Darmstadt. The 49 year old former uncapped Swiss footballer has been appointed manager at 2. Bundesliga side SV Darmstadt 98, in what will be his first management position since hanging up his boots. 

Die Lilien (The Lilies) boast of 3 promotions in the last 5 years however the 2016/17 campaign saw them being relegated from the Bundesliga after only two seasons in the top flight. Bookmakers suggest though that a 2nd place finish in Germany's second league is likely if Müller can get the team back on track after relegation. 

Müller can look to Darmstadt's key players such as former Dortmund man Kevin Großkreutz (a new signing at Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor), on-loan South Korean hitman Ji Dong-Won, and club captain Aytaç Sulu. The club also has some promising youngsters in Felix Platte (21yo striker) and Marvin Mehlem (19yo attacking midfielder).

Darmstadt are rumoured to have handed Müller a transfer kitty of £445k with £7.5kp/w available to spend on wages.

Sounds nice! Hopefully we don't screw them up 

Spoiler

;)

• Like 1

Well its the end of the first transfer window so nows a good time to give an update. Pre-season was good but our manager Simon Müller took a couple of games to get the right system ;)
The team lined up in a 4-2-3-1 formation for the first two games but ended up losing 2-0 to Braunschwieg and 4-3 to St Pauli. The team switched to a 4-2-4 formation (really a 4-4-2 wiith wingers) with this working for four matches before being pretty well beaten by Bochum. 

Transfers were minimal - only an experienced midfielder Hamit Altintop, 15 year old attacking midfielder Lukas Schillings and 23 year old Vladen Yurchenko joined the team. No players left despite our best attempts.  

Spoiler

20180405223502_1.jpg

Spoiler

20180405223519_1.jpg

I'd be interested in this. I don't get much time on FM these days, buy I'm sure I could squeeze in a 6mth spell.

• Like 1

Added :D

Not a horrible start! What were we predicted to finish?

14 hours ago, chokosc said:

Not a horrible start! What were we predicted to finish?

2nd is the media prediction. We need to get up the table but the points different isn't that big...

20180407232651_1.jpg

On 4/7/2018 at 09:13, chokosc said:

Not a horrible start!

@localhero has still got a go to take :P

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, aird said:

@localhero has still got a go to take :P

True, @chokosc might be looking for a new club by the time my 6 months are done

Well we're in mid-December and I with two games to go before the start of the January transfer window I thought I'd 'pass the parcel' onto @kevaggel now rather than right at the start of the window to give him time to assess the squad before it opens. That being said we're going to need to sell before we can buy as the budget is gone (sorry! :blush:) and we're £700p/w over wage budget. The good news is that there is plenty of dead wood and if we can ship that out there will be plenty of money in the kitty to buy. Check your PMs bud! :up:

We've moved up the league dramatically and we're now in 2nd place, however Nürnberg has a game in hand over us and are only 2pts behind. In fact we're only really in the top 4 thanks to us having played one more game than pretty much everyone else.

Spoiler

20180408221422_1.jpg

We've had a really good run of games and 4-2-4 seems to be really working. Ji Dong-Won and Felix Platte have been banging in the goals and are our best players. However our defence is not as good - in fact you'd need to go down to 11th position (Union Berlin) to find a club thats conceeded more than us. The teams around us in the league have conceeded around half of what we have...

Spoiler

20180408221333_1.jpg

All things considered, we're doing pretty well and with Simon 'Kevaggel' Müller in charge we should be good for promotion. COME ON DIE LILLEN!!!

• Like 1

We are 100% through to the fourth round in the cup! Don't fuck it up ;)

• Haha 1

I 'm downloading right now.

What the hell happened here ????
6249a6f4a461a2586af2e4b4361b4112.png

15 hours ago, chokosc said:

We are 100% through to the fourth round in the cup! Don't fuck it up ;)

Nope... i fucked it :P
5zDo8QQ.png

We have a player (Niemeyer) who has to stay out for 7 days every time he plays in a game.... epic.

14 hours ago, kevaggel said:

I 'm downloading right now.

What the hell happened here ????
6249a6f4a461a2586af2e4b4361b4112.png

:o 

I don’t tend to look at that screen really so I’ve never noticed!

Should have got some nice cash from that Dortmund game. Looks like the chairman has his hand in the funds :lol:

Try not to feck it up too much!!

3 hours ago, StuW said:

Should have got some nice cash from that Dortmund game. Looks like the chairman has his hand in the funds :lol:

Try not to feck it up too much!!

I sold a player for 4 million euros... our backup Right backs look better than this overatted

10694cbc96754785b6307528f4947772.png

... and we fucked the most hated club in Germany right after the winter break.
CE0DTFW.png

I 'm building on Kennedy's 424 tactic by moving the RMD to the left and adding an attacking midfielder to provide creativity and balance.

• Like 1

Großkreutz was a little hit and miss as AMR too so €4m for a 29yo is good going. 👍🏻

Also, check out where Darmstadt are in 2. Bundesliga irl... we’re doing a lot better! :happy: