FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iker0828

Iniesta will leave Barcelona,No longer a rumors

Struggling to hold back the tears, Iniesta said: “I understand that in the near future I will not be able to give the best of myself in all senses, both physically and mentally.

Speaking at the press conference he said: “This is my last season here (On Apr 27, 2018).

“I know what the demands are and what it means to play here year after year. I know what it means to be captain of this club. So, being honest with me and the club, I understand that my stage is over.”

Barcelona confirm 'lifetime' contract for star midfielder Andres Iniesta.

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252815%25 Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252817%25

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252826%25

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%25287%252

"The Spanish midfielder, who has made 639 appearances for Barça, ranks second on the all-time games played list at the Club. He has scored 55 goals for the first team, for which he debuted on October 29th, 2002.

"Since 2015 Iniesta has been the team's first captain, and is one of the Club's most distinguished symbols. The 33-year-old midfielder joined the Club in September 1996, at the age of 12. Iniesta and Leo Messi share the record for the most titles in Barça history, with 32."

Iniesta decided to leave Barcelona after 22 seasons with the club, winning an extraordinary nine La Liga titles and lifting the UEFA Champions League trophy four times. two European Championships, He also won the 2010 World Cup with Spain in 2010.

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252828%25

One of the best to ever play the game <3 

• Like 1

Aye, a lot of great players have come out of Spain, well modern day greats anyway. Hierro, Guardiola, Enrique, Raul, Torres, Morientes etc.