FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

NXT UK

The global takeover effort of Paul "Triple H" Levesque and his NXT brand has officially begun. During the television tapings for the United Kingdom Championship Tournament in Royal Albert Hall in London on Monday, Triple H and the brand's general manager, legendary British wrestler Johnny Saint, announced to the crowd in attendance the creation of the NXT U.K. brand. 

WWE has shed light on some details regarding the company's new entity. The NXT U.K. brand will consist of men's, women's and tag team divisions, and with those new divisions, two new championships will emerge in addition to the WWE United Kingdom championship currently held by Pete Dunne. The first television taping for NXT U.K. will be held on June 29, where they will tape eight shows to get the brand off and running. 

Quite excited by this, there is some serious talent on the UK shores, hopefully they can propel their names even further on the back of this.

• Like 1

I'll definitely try to catch some of this on the WWE Network - I just hope it doesn't do anything to damage the UK wrestling scene which has had quite the resurgance over the last few years

16 minutes ago, DropDeadThread said:

I'll definitely try to catch some of this on the WWE Network - I just hope it doesn't do anything to damage the UK wrestling scene which has had quite the resurgance over the last few years

I think a lot of people are a bit worried about that but I look at it with two points to consider:

1) There is a LOT of talent in the UK, and WWE aren't taking everyone for this, so it 'should' be fine
2) The guys WWE are using sooo deserve a chance to display themselves on a scale like this.

I think/hope it will all work out grand :)

1 hour ago, mase said:

I think a lot of people are a bit worried about that but I look at it with two points to consider:

1) There is a LOT of talent in the UK, and WWE aren't taking everyone for this, so it 'should' be fine
2) The guys WWE are using sooo deserve a chance to display themselves on a scale like this.

I think/hope it will all work out grand :)

Yeah i think you're probably right on both points to be fair