FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
localhero

FM2019

Well that's a first, didn't even have to try figuring out which option to select to stop him from stropping.

gunn.thumb.PNG.aa32f304bfd3d6039fe6bdfdaf008faf.PNG

3 hours ago, Murray said:

Well that's a first, didn't even have to try figuring out which option to select to stop him from stropping.

gunn.thumb.PNG.aa32f304bfd3d6039fe6bdfdaf008faf.PNG

Yeah, I've seen it a few times in the past. Normally followed up with the usual multiple choice conversation after a couple of weeks if they don't play much.

Have to say I'm enjoying my saves this FM. Maybe as I'm not playing as much due to work etc.

Cracking along with Wolfsburg. FInished 4th in the first season, which I am very hapy with, as it boosts our finances with CL qualification. Best players without a doubt were Origi, Pereira and Meré, all of which were my signings. Suprisingly Meré was listed as one of the 2 "worst transfers" in season review. 18 goals from Origi, 15 goals and 7 assists from Pereira really pushed us into the top 4. Vagnoman (£8.5m signing from HSV) has made the DR position his, whilst Gian-Luca Itter has done the same at DL.

99c77c030d090494a60f459bcfba42d4.png

Big sales in January, with Guilavogui gone, and Malli as well. Neither really fitted into the team, and with Camacho in the defensive role, and Pereira's emergence at AMC, these were expendable players. With Sargent and Joveljic, I've got two top potential ST who I can look to for the forseeable future. A lot of youngsters in, who will be either potential first team, or at least sold for a profit. 

---

So after qualifying for CL, I made moves to strengthen the squad. I was handed arund £30m to do that, which was not bad at all. 

743a487087d954279c1e49e809d07e5c.png

I managed to get Pereira on a free, after a great season I couldn't say no. Unfortunately Origi signed a new deal to sit on Liverpool's bench. So, I signed Mateta, who was the 3rd top scorer last season, behind Origi (2nd) and Lewandowski (1st). Also I've strengthened one of our closer rivals. Brekalo had a great season, even at the age of 20, however with no real cover for hm, I decided to bring in Jesé on loan, at no cost. He'll provide cover across both wings and also up top. 

With the sale of Gerhardt pending, I made use of our affiliation with River to sign one of the best young midfielders in the world, Exequiel Palacios, for just £4.1m. I am sure he will become a club legend. I'd never managed to settle on Steffen or Klaus at RW, I decided to look for a new one, who would fit better with our tactics. Eventually I settled on David Neres, who surely will terrorize both the BL and CL. 

I've got 5 youngsters signing in the future, which will boost our youth team.

Yup, this is totally my fault... He's not featured for my side much lately due to the fact that he's currently out on loan to Man United, after handing in a transfer request as he feels he's achieved all he can at the club. Also, he's 35, so not exactly at his prime. And yes, Steven Gerrard is the current England manager.

hemsley.PNG

image.thumb.png.c500e1ccb3433603677ec1d152b759fc.png

How long do you think until we see this in the real world? A female manager of a professional men's team? There are probably some somewhere, but in the top countries / big leagues?

23 hours ago, Murray said:

image.thumb.png.c500e1ccb3433603677ec1d152b759fc.png

How long do you think until we see this in the real world? A female manager of a professional men's team? There are probably some somewhere, but in the top countries / big leagues?

I don't think it will be too long nor do I think it will be too long before we see a female ref in the Prem for that matter.

30 minutes ago, localhero said:

I don't think it will be too long nor do I think it will be too long before we see a female ref in the Prem for that matter.

I had to Google to see if it was real and I'd just missed it (not putting the first date together as being after the game start). Apparently she's the Chelsea ladies manager and has been managing sides here and in the US for over a decade. There's several videos / articles on the topic of "is Emma Hayes good enough to manage Chelsea men's side?" Can't see that one happening though, it will be a smallish side... like MK Dons or Wigan!

6 minutes ago, Murray said:

I had to Google to see if it was real and I'd just missed it (not putting the first date together as being after the game start). Apparently she's the Chelsea ladies manager and has been managing sides here and in the US for over a decade. There's several videos / articles on the topic of "is Emma Hayes good enough to manage Chelsea men's side?" Can't see that one happening though, it will be a smallish side... like MK Dons or Wigan!

Aye, someone down in League 2 or the conference maybes

Finished 2nd season with Wolfsburg, managed to finished 3rd, up one place from last season. Sealed it with a 2-0 win v Bayern. Got to CL 1/4 Finals, but lost to Juve 2-1 on aggregate. By far the best player was Andreas Pereira, 21 goals and 6 assists from AMC. PSG, Real and City interested, but it'll take £60m for me to think about selling. David Neres was signing of the season, £14m from Ajax, 12 goals and 6 assists, and being simply unplayable.

Already agreed some signings, with a £91m transfer budget to play with. Wuilker Farinez signs from Milionarios for just £350k, and looks as good if not better than Casteels. Lucas Tousart signs for £10.5m to replace Camacho. Johannes Eggestein joins for just £1.3m, and looks like he will be very useful up top (as well as being HG). Our final signing (for now) is probably the biggest. Leon Goretzka has been stranded on the Bayern bench, and moves for a bargain price of £17.25m.

Getting fed up of playing Liverpool. Already had 13 meetings in 3 seasons before these, this will make it 11 cup and 6 league meetings...

Liverpool.PNG

Hey y'all! Been a minute, huh?

I quit FM three years ago, fed up with how frustrating I found the game and just how much time and energy I invested into it. The move to the US kinda helped break the addiction too, I guess.

Well last week my wife bought me FM19, and I've been back into it every day since. Playing 90% of matches on my stream so people can share my amazement and/or rage as things develop. Season two of rebuilding Swansea is going FAR better than the first year, and I'm about to play the first Welsh Derby on the game since Cardiff got relegated - should be interesting times. Thought there might be some interest here and wanted to catch up with everyone anyway so thought I'd stop by and let you know I'm usually live around this time every day (though might take a day off here and there to rest/recover/calm down :D) over at twitch.tv/chrisormie so stop by and get involved - it'd be good to see some old faces over there! :D