FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mase

3 Players

Being realistic, you can ship 3 players out and bring 3 players in for your club... who do you choose?

In:

Mathjis De Ligt: We're already heavily linked and rumours don't seem to be going away. I don't think he will come to us, and I don't think he is the answer to our problems (at least not right away) but the kid looks phenomenal. Already captain at Ajax and looks assured already. Would come in and lead our back line/team for the next decade (injuries permitting etc.). God knows our defence needs him more than he needs United.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka: Not much needs to be said really. After Trent Alexander-Arnold, the best/most promising right back in the league for my money. Easily better than Ashley Young and would be an immediate improvement. Much like De Ligt, would have the right-back position for as long as he wants it.

Bruno Fernandes: Herrera is off on a free (probably to PSG) and that leaves our centre midfield looking weak. Ruben Neves is off the cards for now (would be a dream though) and although this guy wouldn't be a direct replacement for Ander, he looks a very good midfielder who had a stonking season in Portugal. If we could get him in an dmaybe Declan Rice as the more defensive/leg work to cover Herrera then I'd be happy :)

That is assuming De Gea stays for the season. If he goes then I'd need to make a strong case for Donarumma from AC Milan as his replacement.

Out:

Ashley Young: Nuff said. Had his Gary Neville moment god-knows how many times. Just not good enough anymore. The fact he has a new contract is a joke.

Romelu Lukaku: I just don't think he suits our play at all. He's been reduced to a lump up top and sticks out like a sore thumb. I've nothing against the guy but he looks nothing like he did at Everton. Despite that, he appears to be in demand and I feel we should cash in while we can still probably get a decent fee for him.

Marcos Rojo: Was a toss-up between him and Alexis Sanchez but i think we'll struggle to find someone to take Alexis, especially with his wages. Add to that, I need to make room for De Ligt don't I! Rojo is a defensive liability when he plays, he's like a centre-back version of Alfredo Morelos! Add to that he's always injured and there is just no point him being here.

To be fair, I could have made a case for any of the following:

Alexis Sanchez
Chris Smalling
Phil Jones
Nemanja Matic
Matteo Darmian
Fred

In:

Mathjis De Ligt: I mean, him and big Virgil. Forming a partnership for club and country, Virgil mentoring him and Gomez, then De Light and Gomez take over and boss strikers all over the worlds after Virgil retires to become king of the Netherlands. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't happen.

Tom Heaton: I can't imagine Mignolet wants to sit on the bench for another season, and Karius needs to more somewhere else to get a fresh start if he's to pick up the pieces of his career. None of our youth goalies are ready to make the step up and be considered a backup to Allison, so bringing in a veteran goalie who knows the league and could step up when needed seems to be the right move for now. Heaton seems to have lost the top spot at Burnley to Pope after his injury, and if a good deal could be reached he would be a good backup should our Brazilian need a rest.

Leon Bailey: He rejected a lot of top clubs in 2017, including us, before joining Bayer Leverkusen in 2017 because he was weary of joining a big club too early in his career. He seems like a smart kid with a bright future, on the field he's a hard-working winger with good control of the ball and the technique and pace to beat defenders. He looks like he'd be a good fit for us, and would enable Salah to play upfront if FIrmino should get injured or need some rest. Though honestly, looks like Nicolas Pepe is more likely at the moment.

Out: 

Dejan Lovren: This assumes we snap up De Ligt, which is unlikely. But if do, one central defender probably has to make way. Out of Matip and Lovren, Matip really has been the best player since Van Dijk came in and sroted our defense out. So ship out Lovren.

Simon Mignolet & Loris Karius: Putting these as two players here would be too easy, although I think they need to leave the club for different reasons. Migs has handled arming our bench well enough since Allison established himself, but I somehow doubt he's gonna spend another season smiling on the bench. On a good day Migs is a top goalie, but he's not consistent enough to be the nr 1 at a club like Liverpool. Poor Karius is another victim of international football terrorist Sergio Ramos, and needs to leave to get a fresh start somewhere else.

Nathaniel Clyne: Man, I feel bad for Clyne. He was playing well, but once he got injured and Trent-Alexander Arnold got regular playtime and started firing on all cylinders he was never gonna win that spot back as a regular. Clyne is 28 now, he needs to be a regular and we can't give him that at the moment.

• Like 1