FM-View Forums
Howardinho

FM 2020 Megathread

2-3 weeks before release, usually. 

Same as always

It's here

giphy.gif

Downloading as we speak :D 

Will be getting my teeth into the mighty Toon Army first off to get myself used to the game. Can't wait to get rid of some of the donkeys we have....

• Like 1

I'm not even going to bother getting it yet, still too into my 19 game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StuW said:

giphy.gif

Downloading as we speak :D 

Will be getting my teeth into the mighty Toon Army first off to get myself used to the game. Can't wait to get rid of some of the donkeys we have....

You'll have no one left bar Lascelles, Almiron, Schar and St Maximin 

2 hours ago, JackHammer said:

I'm not even going to bother getting it yet, still too into my 19 game

You know you want to :D 

Also Dubravka ;) 

10 hours ago, localhero said:

You know you want to :D 

Oh I will eventually, just not immediately. Coming up to the end of the season with my Portsmouth team, unbeaten in all competitions, move into a new stadium for the following season and have an insane squad

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StuW said:

Also Dubravka ;) 

He a good shot stopper he just can't deal with crosses and tends to parry into dangerous areas. Apart from that....

Yannick toure looks like he could become a very good AF or Poacher.

Nice cheap youngish winger in BL for around £2m-£3m at Hamburg - Jairo. Been good for me thus far

Not bad,, too expensive for me though. Running on a tiny budget with FC Andorra 

Team number 2 of the beta for me!! I didn't get sacked either haha,, approached to take the helm at Brentford.

Got the skin mostly how I want it relatively quickly (just simple transparency, getting rid of the garish colours and some small panel changes) and now played the first match of the season. Not very realistic though - Watford won their first match!

image.thumb.png.2512fb758aa0e61cfa85a6d403bc59bf.png

1 hour ago, Murray said:

Got the skin mostly how I want it relatively quickly (just simple transparency, getting rid of the garish colours and some small panel changes) and now played the first match of the season. Not very realistic though - Watford won their first match!

image.thumb.png.2512fb758aa0e61cfa85a6d403bc59bf.png

It got us bottom with a 4 nowt defeat so it doing ok ;) 

What's everyone's first impressions of the game now we've had a weekend to get to grips with it?

----------

So far so good for me - not seen anything that I don't like, and a lot of things I do like. The new "Club Vision" thing is one of my favourite features so far. Much more detail into how you are doing the job, not just "the board are slightly disappointed with the sale of x" and so on. Also got the "5-year plan" on that page which interests me. However, as MA is looking to sell, I  don't have a plan!

I also like the look of the Development Centre, however I haven't really got into that yet as I'm early in the save.

• Haha 1

Pre-season over for my Newcastle BETA save. Not been easy, a lot fewer cheap players to go for it seems, especially DM

I signed 7 players in total, all but one (already out on loan) will be featuring in the first team this season.

Lasse Vigen is the first, a £1.6m arrival from Brondby, who will give me cover for Longstaff. Tomás Belmonte arrives from Lanús for £4.5m, a player who will surely become a star in the future, however, he'll have to be loaned out for now as he couldn't get a WP. Jairo signs for £1.9m from Hamburg and will cover both wings this season. Pau Torres signs next for £11m from Villarreal, a left-footed DC who looks like he'll be a big player in a season or 2. Erick Cabaco next, a £6m signing from Levante, who will provide competition to the DC players. Robert Bozenik is our penultimate signing, a £1m arrival from Zilina, who looks pretty decent for his age and is already on loan at Hull. And our final signing is the NK Dinamo star Lovro Majer, who signs for a low £4.8m, and will give me an AMC option this season, something the current squad does not have.

Here's how we're looking to line up this season.

cb791797c93d5c8c64ac2f0d67774d34.png82a1142c44e9a60cf76458094ced0043.png6da0da112f607176163128345ad9302e.png

5-3-2 is a new one for me, but I feel it works well for this team. I'll be starting with 2 formations I am comfortable with as well, so we will see how that goes! 

First game of the season went well. Tactics clicked for the most part. Krafth was caught out positionally on more than one occasion, whilst Almirón was very quiet. Majer strung together some very good passes, and ASM was unplayable and deserved his late goal. Joey got two goals, looked a threat all through the game. 

bcdb1a1832e3add7ac92184f38a7811f.png

Main thing I've found so far (limited actual play time) is at half time I can't just drag a player from the subs bench while in the team talk screen, which used to be my default way of making subs. Now I appear to have to do an extra click or two first.

Anyone else seeing a ton of long shots go in?

I'm mostly just testing out tactical stuff at the moment, and especially in the lower leagues I've been seeing a lot of goals from outside the box.

Not overly so, seeing a lot of penalty misses in shoot-outs and the ball being kicked straight out for a throw from ko though.

Don't like the logo either, blends in too much to the taskbar

Also if you use CTRL+F to search the f also appears in the search bar. Pain in the arse when you search for fAntonio Marin 😂

Actually had fun with it. Did have to bin my beta save due to a bug with registration rules in singaporean league at start of the 2nd season which sucked!

Restarted wit Rangers and really enjoying it

I've not tried it yet but I seen something about not being able to use logos and face packs. Is that true?