FM-View Forums
Niniev

FM-View to close...

Evening all.

It's will be thirteen (!!!) years next month since Fm-View first opened, and it is with sad regret that we look to close the site down.

We've had a good run and we thank everyone that's been involved in making this a great site.

From the podcasts to the graphics to manager score to the FMV Tours and more, thank you for letting us do this and coming back!

We are looking to pull the shutters down at the end of April.

So, thank you to everyone that's been on the staff from AFC who opened the site all the way through to the current team here now - there is just too many to name!

Cheers! 🍻

• Sad 1

Aw man, that sucks.

I'd be lying by saying it's unexpected. Sites been quiet for a while now. Forums in general now I find tend to be dying out.

I had just turned 20 when I joined here, that's depressing :lol:

2f7ff438d0f17a2241af8d84e3661f1f.jpg

A sign of the times I think - but still shame.

Much love to anyone who's contributed in any shape or form to the old bird :)

It's like a piece of my soul is dying

Where will we get the ss' templates of kits then?

2 hours ago, vaWolfski said:

Where will we get the ss' templates of kits then?

it will move to my other "sortitoutsi" - https://sortitoutsi.net/forums

welcome to join this link, that's what I'm doing here and Sortitoutsi. :)

its shame, its downhill to quiet for while ago.  :( 

thanks for this site i used for 10 years (joined 2010). 

Farewell FM View! 

hammer9 :)

• Like 1

So sad to hear this :(

As a long time member of TAS, that closed a few years back for a very similar reason, I completely understand where you are coming from. Even though I wasn't here regularly, I appreciate all you guys hard work and wish you luck for the future :)

20 hours ago, hammer9 said:

it will move to my other "sortitoutsi" - https://sortitoutsi.net/forums

welcome to join this link, that's what I'm doing here and Sortitoutsi. :)

its shame, its downhill to quiet for while ago.  :(

thanks for this site i used for 10 years (joined 2010). 

Farewell FM View! 

hammer9 :)

i will join there

• Like 1

Can't believe this! Thanks for everyone who made this place what it was. One of the best (of not the best) forum I've been a part of.

THANKS!

Aw man, even though I no longer actively play FM or browse it's a bummer that the time has finally come. The fact that this place has survived for so long as it has anyways is a remarkable feat in and of itself -- other boards have shut up shop a long time ago.

It does seem like FM forums have gone a little bit the way of the dodo -- which can't be helped but I feel a little sad about it as they actually had a bigger-than-expected positive influence on my life years down the line. I was like 13-14 maybe when I rolled up to what was FMGLive at the time, and then moved around the neverending ocean of shit scene for a few years after. Learning English along the way by having to communicate in it, doing basic design work with graphics, some elementary developer work - all of it has reaped its non-negligible rewards years later.

It's been real, FMV. Thanks for all the good times. Take care, whatever you end up doing, y'all. ❤️

• Like 3

Here I delighted in learning how to use Photoshop to create kits from 2013 for FM. It was nice to be part of this forum.
Thanks for everything and good luck to everyone 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, XeroX said:

Aw man, even though I no longer actively play FM or browse it's a bummer that the time has finally come. The fact that this place has survived for so long as it has anyways is a remarkable feat in and of itself -- other boards have shut up shop a long time ago.

It does seem like FM forums have gone a little bit the way of the dodo -- which can't be helped but I feel a little sad about it as they actually had a bigger-than-expected positive influence on my life years down the line. I was like 13-14 maybe when I rolled up to what was FMGLive at the time, and then moved around the neverending ocean of shit scene for a few years after. Learning English along the way by having to communicate in it, doing basic design work with graphics, some elementary developer work - all of it has reaped its non-negligible rewards years later.

It's been real, FMV. Thanks for all the good times. Take care, whatever you end up doing, y'all. ❤️

You did well learning English wth so many Scots in here 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Damn this is sad news. Will be sad to see it go 😢

End of an era.

Can't say that it's not expected, given the rise of Steam Workshop, and instant forums like Discord, Slack, and the like.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

It is very sad to hear that this is coming to an end. Really enjoyed being a part of this forum over the past few years. It's a shame that so many forums are doing the same (or have already)...the scene is not what it used to be :( 

Good luck to whatever you're all doing next, and I'm sure we will see each other on Twitter / Discord / another forum

• Like 1

I reckon we should set up a Discord channel to keep FMV alive ;)

6 hours ago, StuW said:

I reckon we should set up a Discord channel to keep FMV alive ;)

100%

Cunt. 

Had a long running bet that FMV would out-live Niniev. Logged in for the first time in ages thinking maybe Nins snuffed it with the old Covid 19 but oh well, win some you lose some. 

Hope you're doing well auld yin! 

If nobody done yet, I can make Discord channel later

Man this was sad news! I havent been here for almost 4 years now as I lost a bit of love for FM, but the love has returned and I came here to download some templates and kits.

Anyway to all the people that made this site what it was and still is, thx, it was 6 years of fun.