FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnP

Snooker

Okay, who likes playing with balls and long sticks? :lol:

But seriously, anyone here play snooker? I play once a week now and getting quite good if i may say so myself, obviously nowhere near as good as the pro's, but for a club player I think i'm alright. Last week I won 3-1 and tonight i lost 3-2 (I hit 5 consecutive shots when the white went in through no fault of my own <_< ). Even my opponent said I was unlucky not to win so onwards and upwards B).

We played Killer Pool in my mates the other day with forfits for the loser.

There was about 40 balls on the table and you get 2 shots to pot one, if you don't you lose a life, you have 3 lives, first to lose all 3 gets the forfit.

I'm quite good at snooker/pool but in the last game it came down to the last 4 balls on the table and they were all on the cushions, I was fucked and lost my last life, I had to take red/pink/purple afterwards belly where everyone (8 of them) had a free slap right across my belly, one lad hit me so hard I couldn't breathe, was good fun though, got cuts and red marks still on me :lol:

But erm, yeh, I've played snooker before :ph34r:

Sounds kinky. I don't play pool anymore, fucks me up when I go back to snooker buy killer ifb. You get an extra life for potting the black too iirc?

Sounds kinky. I don't play pool anymore, fucks me up when I go back to snooker buy killer ifb. You get an extra life for potting the black too iirc?

Fuck knows half of them were pissed so I just went along with it.

Who wants to pot their pink ball in my pocket?

GD quick put your black balls in mine, they're worth more points :D

Well I never played snooker until this work experience. All we do is eat, watch TV, play snooker and do something destructive. It's class. But anyway I play Pool which I'm good at, snooker is a bit different though. I seem to be potting well though - It's better for harder shots as they actually go in instead of bouncing back like on pool which I like. Only bad thing is the table is massive!

I have a membership at Riley's but I don't go anymore really...

I was like the worse out of my mates as well so that didn't help me as I hate losing :P

Just remember lads, if the pinks out of action, dont hesitate potting the brown. :checkit:

Showing it again on BBC2 just now.

Ronnie showing us how good he can be at times.

He just needs the consistency.

One of my mates was in the Semi Final, of the youth tournament this year :D

Ronnie seems to be gaining form lately and playing well in these snooker championships.

I like snooker, also I play at Riley not every Sunday maybe every 3 weeks.

Ronnie's 147 was fbfbfbfb today. I hope he goes on and win the Championship.

Ronnie has it in the bag, if not then Wembo ftw :P

Bumpety fucking bump.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ker/7369420.stm

What a break, best maximum i've ever seen imo.

The shot to split the red form the pink, well...

When play stops on the other table so they can watch you finish off you know it's something.

Tika boo son.

That shot was amazing. As soon as he potted the first red you knew he was going for the maximum.

I bloody love Ronnie. Has anyone read his autoboigraphy? It's pretty damn good. I really really hope he goes on to win it, but Ronnie can be specatularly inconsitent. He has such natural talent, and he's still regarded as an underachiever despite the number of titles he's won.

I'm pretty sure we all love Liang Wenbo by now. Coming out before his name was called, sitting down after he didn't realise he'd potted a red. Comedy genius.

Bumpety fucking bump.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ker/7369420.stm

What a break, best maximum i've ever seen imo.

The shot to split the red form the pink, well...

When play stops on the other table so they can watch you finish off you know it's something.

Tika boo son.

That shot was amazing. As soon as he potted the first red you knew he was going for the maximum.

I bloody love Ronnie. Has anyone read his autoboigraphy? It's pretty damn good. I really really hope he goes on to win it, but Ronnie can be specatularly inconsitent. He has such natural talent, and he's still regarded as an underachiever despite the number of titles he's won.

I'm pretty sure we all love Liang Wenbo by now. Coming out before his name was called, sitting down after he didn't realise he'd potted a red. Comedy genius.

Had me in stitches when I saw it :D

Only person that can stop Ronnie from winning it is Stephen Maguire.

I hate watching snooker on TV but I like playing it. I'm alright at it but nothing special. I used to play it all the time but I got bored and so only play it when my family come round. That break is just a little bit good.

He will. he's fb. With a mono brow.

What a max that was. Such as amazingly talented plyer, pity he has problems at times but when he's on form he's brilliant.

Most max breaks ever now, 1 ahead of S Hendry and 3 in one season is phenomenal. I've just heard he's made almost £500,000 just from maximums this year.

Ronnie's biggest enemy is himself. I can't help but think he's going to blow it again. :( Stephen Maguire is a good bet for the title this year. I didn't expect Mark Selby to go out in the first round, he's been this years form player along with Maguire.

Liang's on telly now. I fancy a giggle.

I think Ronnie will get beat in the semi's, Maguire winning it and now Hendry has won two on the trot his confidence will be sky high and he'll be runner up.

Liang Wenbo's last 16 match was epic last night, his celebration when he hadn't even won and then to miss the next pink was piss funny. His match against O'Sullivan will see him get battered, his safety is awful :D

Wenbo is a better player than people give him credit for.

Playing shots that only Ronnie himself would play!

I can see this being a tight game.