FM-View Forums
Rich

The 'What Are You Up To Today?' Thread!

The only answer is "the money you give me every month"

Could have tried, "seeing your lass when she picks you up" no?

Back in work trying to shake this hangover off from our end of season awards night on Saturday :(

• Like 1

Stuck trying to finish up a paper, feels like that's all I've been doing since new year.

Watching Juve get punked by Roma

My bone won't heal despite having surgery and two months in a cast. Doctor told me to wait three months while doing physiotherapy and if that doesn't help, back to the surgery room. :hmm:

Not sure whether or not to go back to football during these three months!

Possibly not a good idea ;)

On 2017-5-22 at 22:58, chokosc said:

My bone won't heal despite having surgery and two months in a cast. Doctor told me to wait three months while doing physiotherapy and if that doesn't help, back to the surgery room. :hmm:

Not sure whether or not to go back to football during these three months!

Definitely not, if you want it to heal fully.

12 hours ago, mase said:

Definitely not, if you want it to heal fully.

That's the problem though. The doctor himself said it would take a miracle to heal now. Basically he thinks the part of the bone that isn't getting blood is dead (said he first thought of that during the surgery as the bone was too hard).

I wanted to get the surgery done as soon as possible but he just said we should wait a bit as the surgery is more complicated the second time around.

Bad thing is, if the second surgery won't work I will need a third one and they will take the bone out completely!

11 hours ago, chokosc said:

That's the problem though. The doctor himself said it would take a miracle to heal now. Basically he thinks the part of the bone that isn't getting blood is dead (said he first thought of that during the surgery as the bone was too hard).

I wanted to get the surgery done as soon as possible but he just said we should wait a bit as the surgery is more complicated the second time around.

Bad thing is, if the second surgery won't work I will need a third one and they will take the bone out completely!

Ah bugger.

I'd say ask the doctor if it's ok to do sport or not then?

30 minutes ago, mase said:

Ah bugger.

I'd say ask the doctor if it's ok to do sport or not then?

Yea, will do that! Hope he says yes as it has been too long since the last time I played.

HOWDY PARTNERS! :ph34r:

I'm good, Texas is good, just bored at work right now. Might be having my wisdom teeth pulled in the same month as my gallbladder removal... fun and games, eh? :D

Started driving over here a couple of weeks back. Day one solo driving was a blown tire on the freeway going about 60mph which was scary, then nearly got sideswiped by a car on day two. End of the first week the serpentine belt tensioner broke off the Truck in heavy traffic... mid turn... and suddenly I had no power steering on a 2.2ton truck...

Basically everything that could happen, has happened. At least life isn't boring right now. :lol:

• Like 2

Remember Orm, Americans are silly and drive on the wrong side of the road, if you drove on the proper side they might catch on and all start doing it...

• Like 1

Back in work today after a fucking mental 4-day stag weekend in Dublin. I was a broken mess by the time it was time to fly home. So glad I booked an extra couple of days off work to recover :lol: 

• Like 1

I can imagine the pain you created for yourself. Enjoy the pint at the end of the tour?

Got back in from our holiday on Saturday, then spent Sunday doing feck all. But today we started cleaning up the office a bit, thinking about selling our current desk and getting a couple of smaller ones. Damn thing totally dominates the room.

Recovering at home following surgery. Two weeks ago had two teeth out (including one wisdom tooth that was problematic) and things are healing nicely there. Friday I had my gallbaldder removed and it was very inflamed. Recovery is good, feeling out of it but not too much pain.

• Like 3

The bearded dragon is alive!! Glad to hear you ok Chris. And I hope surgery wasn't too gall-ing ;)

• Like 1

On 24/07/2017 at 22:36, ChrisOrmie said:

Recovering at home following surgery. Two weeks ago had two teeth out (including one wisdom tooth that was problematic) and things are healing nicely there. Friday I had my gallbaldder removed and it was very inflamed. Recovery is good, feeling out of it but not too much pain.

Got it done in USA? I think you're doing this health tourism thing the wrong way round 🤔

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 16:07, Kennedy said:

Got it done in USA? I think you're doing this health tourism thing the wrong way round 🤔

Just making the most of Obamacare before Trump screws everyone over. Again

Getting pissed off with my boss again, prick keeps going on about my hair and actually threatening me with a disciplinary unless I get it cut this weekend

I work in an office. I have nothing to do with people outside of my building. My hair does not matter. Fuck off

Tell him to shove it, or take him to an ethics committee on account of gender discrimination :D

Decided I want to start running about two months ago. Had my best run yesterday, 4.4km! Hopefully in a week or so I can hit the 5k I was aming for :angel:

You can always run that bit further. Might not be able to do anything after yyou make that 5k but you can make it :D