FM-View Forums
Adriano

Boxing Thread

No Boxing thread so I thought i'd make one.

I'm watching Mosely V Margarito now and fuck me, Mosely is hammering him. His right hook is an absolute beast of a shot from Mosely but Margarito is just taking them and smiling. 6 round in and Mosely has them all so far imo.

I'm just waiting for official confirmation on the Hatton/Paquiao fight. Whether the latter has signed a contract for sure is yet to be seen.

Can but hope \o/

He wants a greater cut of the earning when Hatton brings more publicity and fans, hmm yeah clever.

He wants a greater cut of the earning when Hatton brings more publicity and fans, hmm yeah clever.

Wrong. Who's had the biggest selling PPV fight last year? Manny. From what i've read and heard, it's going to be 50/50 in terms on fans.

Boxing thread? ;|

Either way, with the money floating around in Dubai at the moment it hardly comes as a surprise. Would love it if Holyfield knocked fuck outta him. One of the commenters was right, if anything they should book this as a joint-main-event beside a title bout of sorts to make even more money off it.

Merged threads.

Rodders, in future please use the correct threads - please take this as a warning.

Khan vs Berrera tomorrow.

Hope Berrera knocks him the fuck out tbh. I cant see him doing it though :(

You can't see him doing it? Berrera is gunna kill him as long as he hasn't been complacent. I love it how everyone in the media is hyping Khan up again atm ready to knock him back down on Sunday.. Can't wait :D.

Ffs was going to my mates to watch the boxing tonight.

Its tomorrow ffs \o/ Meh means more time out getting mangled. Kahn will get dicked..

Khan to win this one, or to come very close.

Just because he got knocked out doesn't suddenly mean he's shite, I remember Lennox getting put on his ass with a wonder shot. As far as I know, Khan's been in America training with the world's best boxing coach and sparring with the worlds best boxer. Expect a very different Amir Khan.

You can't compare Kahn to Lennox though, Kahn rarely gets tested against weaker opponents, he got tested and got his wee bum dropped. I think Kahn is massively overrated by himself and by the English media on the whole, probably most often by his opponents too.

All I'm saying is that just because someone got knocked out, doesn't mean their career is over. Lennox was an example of how absolutely anyone can get knocked out. Despite what they say, there is various techniques to make you less vulnerable of a knockdown. Khan's been working on his leg strength which was his down fall against the Columbian. He got hit in the temple and obviously the shock went straight through his body into his legs, which just went. The actual knock-down punch would of knocked any fucker out.

The guy who knocked him out will go on too great things imo, he had everything about him.

All I'm saying is that just because someone got knocked out, doesn't mean their career is over. Lennox was an example of how absolutely anyone can get knocked out. Despite what they say, there is various techniques to make you less vulnerable of a knockdown. Khan's been working on his leg strength which was his down fall against the Columbian. He got hit in the temple and obviously the shock went straight through his body into his legs, which just went. The actual knock-down punch would of knocked any fucker out.

The guy who knocked him out will go on too great things imo, he had everything about him.

Breidis Prescott. He has got an amazing knockout record, something like 16 in 19 fights.

I just think Khan is going to be too fast for Berrera. but i suppose you never know.

Aye, I've seen him a few times.

I agree 100% with what Scott has said tbh. The first time he's been tested and he was embarrassed tbh. I know it's good to ease a young boxer in but the media shouldn't big him up because he is winning with ease. It's like pre-season in FM, if you won 12-0 vs Hednesford when you're Wigan you don't go and say "I'm gunna win quintuple, fuck man utd olol".

Obviously he isn't shite, but reading what is wrote about him you'd believe he wins bouts within a minute, not getting put on his arse within one. Barrera isn't some shite over the hill boxer, he will beat Khan unless he's improved ten-fold over the past 3 or 4 months.

MON BARRERA.

Starting in 2 mins, anyone else watching? Fuck paying for it like ;).

So glad I didn't pay for this, a clash of heads and a HUGE cut on Barrera has alreadt ruined the fight.

Khan was immense tonight, every shot hit right on the money, fast and incredibly accurate. As I expected, he was far to fast and accurate for an aging Berrera. Khan kept his hands high and they came back to his chin after he throw a shot. Good job Amir.

He was better than what he was before, granted, but it was ruined with that clash of heads. If it was Khan who was cut and Barrera winning the media would be all "Oh lets have a rematch to make it fair" bollocks. From the second round Barrera had blood in his eye constantly, hardly a fair fight.

The guy can't win. From the first bell he was causing Berrera major problems. The cut was purely accidental and It's just unlucky Berrera's cut was worse than Khan's. That's Boxing, fair or not. Despite that you could see that Khan's pace was too much, if he'd of kept the pace up for the rest of the fight, it would of been stopped. Whatever way you look at it, it was a incredibly solid performance and the Prescott fight has done him a hell of a lot of good.

You only had to look at Berrera's last few fight's to see that he struggles when the pace gets turned up, both Warren and Roach knew that, it wasn't as risky as many were lead to believe.

Immense?

He looked good, granted, but he always looks good against lesser opponents. Barrerra has been on the decline for years now, even so it would have been good to see it without the clash of heads as it clearly worked in Kahn's favour.

Kahn has all the offensive attributes you could ask for with his speed but when he goes in against any top fighter he will have the same problem everytime, they can take his best punch with ease, Kahn can't take theirs.

You have to worry when Khan can't finish a bloke with 1 eye.

He is looking better than after the Prescott fight, changed his style a bit to realise that he was starting to have his style spotted and has realised that every opponent has the potential to knock him down.

Still not a title holder fighter yet, but at last they are starting realise his vulnerabilities and working on them.

Still a few fight before he can look at a title imo, but hey while Warren/Sky are raping you