FM-View Forums
Adriano

Boxing Thread

Can't looked better than he has done, he actually kept his guard.

Khan was throwing loads of punches but they looked soft as fuck ffs, the wee Mexican couldn't see out of his eye for basically the whole fight so how is he meant to take the fight to Khan when he can barely see him? It was unlucky that the cut came out worse for him and not for Khan. He even said that because he knew they would stop the fight he had to fight crazy and just throwing punches, hoping he'd connect with a good'n.

It's a shame really, if the fight would of went on without the cut Khan would of got knocked down in like the 6th round, no way could he keep up that speed whilst keeping his guard up as the fight went on.

Khan wasn't throwing hurtful punches, he was stepping off the gas everytime he got Berrera on the ropes. He had no need to try and knock him out once the cut had opened. He fought professionally and looked good in doing that. I still stick by the theory that Berrera can no longer fight at the intensity that Khan brings to the fight, which is exactly why Khan flew out of the blocks and landed an excessive amount of punches before the cut. It would of been interesting to see what would of happened if Berrera hadn't of got the cut, Berrera still managed to give Khan a left hook which he took well.

His training with Freddie Roach has definitely paid off, his leg movement was better and he was throwing from better angles and his gloves where always stuck to his chin when he wasn't throwing a punch. If he gets hit in the chin there's nothing much you can do, but if he can stick with his high gloves he's a lot harder to catch. He still needs to work on his legs a bit more to ensure that when he gets hit with a solid jab he will stand up to it.

Shame about the cut, looked like it would of been a very good high-paced bout. I thought it was a great undercard, I was desperate for Rocky to knock Cook out but Cook looked so much stronger until Rocky landed that uppercut. Macranelli looked very, very average. He was far to stiff when unloading his punches as a result his opponent could see them from a mile off, we knew he had a glass jaw as well which was proved when he got jelly-legged in the first round and knocked the fuck out later in the fight.

We saw nothing in that fight. Okay yes was saw hand speed, but Khan has had that since forever. What's new that we didn't know? Seriously, ask yourselves some questions here when we look at the outcome of the fight.

Did Khan break Barerra down till he couldn't hold his hands up any longer and the ref had to stop the fight? No.

Did Khan beat Barerra so bad he was knocked out? No.

Did Khan consistently hurt Barerra at any time in the fight? No. (Even the commentators who thought Khan hurt Barerra had to correct themselves and say it was the clash that Barerra was wincing over).

Did Khan beat Barerras face so bad he got a serious cut that ended the fight? No.

So someone tell me what Khan achieved that is so monumental?

The thing that really annoys me, is not the fighters (you can't blame either boxer for the cut that stopped the fight), but the commentators and peoples attitude towards it. They were talking like Khan pulled off a really big win. Yes he looked good (against someone with one eye for 90% of the time), but what part of that contributed to his win?

We saw nothing in that fight. Okay yes was saw hand speed, but Khan has had that since forever. What's new that we didn't know? Seriously, ask yourselves some questions here when we look at the outcome of the fight.

Did Khan break Barerra down till he couldn't hold his hands up any longer and the ref had to stop the fight? No.

Did Khan want to do that? Not every boxer fight's every fight with the mentality to kill their opponent

Did Khan beat Barerra so bad he was knocked out? No.

Did Khan need to beat him bad? he knew that Berrera wasn't going to last long, There was no need to knock 10 tones of shite out of Berrera, he was going know where

Did Khan consistently hurt Barerra at any time in the fight? No. (Even the commentators who thought Khan hurt Barerra had to correct themselves and say it was the clash that Barerra was wincing over).

Did Khan beat Barerras face so bad he got a serious cut that ended the fight? No.

So someone tell me what Khan achieved that is so monumental

Nothing is monumental and know one is claiming it be monumental, He got praise because of how he conducted him self in the ring and the improvements to his style. He had at least a minute and a half in the ring with Berrera before the cut and in that time he looked very good.

The thing that really annoys me, is not the fighters (you can't blame either boxer for the cut that stopped the fight), but the commentators and peoples attitude towards it. They were talking like Khan pulled off a really big win. Yes he looked good (against someone with one eye for 90% of the time), but what part of that contributed to his win?

It is a really Big win, if he was to lose, his career would of been over. He can't help the fact it was ended in such a way, he's just relieved he managed to impress and get the win. Regardless of how much he contributed to the fight, it is a big win for him.

Questions answered.

Did Khan want to do that? Not every boxer fight's every fight with the mentality to kill their opponent

Well, if he wanted to prove all the doubters wrong then he should of wanted to do that, instead he took 4 rounds to beat a man who was literally fighting with one eye. Even then the fight was only stopped because of the injury.

Did Khan need to beat him bad? he knew that Berrera wasn't going to last long, There was no need to knock 10 tones of shite out of Berrera, he was going know where

Same as above really, and how would khan know that Barerra would not last long. He lasted 4 rounds with blood pissing out of him, which would of made him loose alot of concentration. How many rounds would he of lasted if the clash of heads had not happened? Who knows.

Nothing is monumental and know one is claiming it be monumental, He got praise because of how he conducted him self in the ring and the improvements to his style. He had at least a minute and a half in the ring with Berrera before the cut and in that time he looked very good.

Yes i agree that he has improved his style but not enough to be a title winner, and yes he did look good in the first minute and a half but not much better than Barerra.

It is a really Big win, if he was to lose, his career would of been over. He can't help the fact it was ended in such a way, he's just relieved he managed to impress and get the win. Regardless of how much he contributed to the fight, it is a big win for him.

His career would never of been over, the only reason people are saying this is because it happened to Prince Naseem, but the only reason his career ended was because of his drinking, gambling and eventual prison sentence. Khan has got a smart head on him and would never let a second loss get to him.

Ffs Liam how could you not ask yourself such questions ;|?

Do I like Khan? No.

Is Khan's skin colour on an ordinary Dulux colour chart? No.

Did Khan throw a punch? Yes.

Therefore Kahn didn't win ;|

Well, if he wanted to prove all the doubters wrong then he should of wanted to do that, instead he took 4 rounds to beat a man who was literally fighting with one eye. Even then the fight was only stopped because of the injury.

Same as above really, and how would khan know that Barerra would not last long. He lasted 4 rounds with blood pissing out of him, which would of made him loose alot of concentration. How many rounds would he of lasted if the clash of heads had not happened? Who knows.

Yes i agree that he has improved his style but not enough to be a title winner, and yes he did look good in the first minute and a half but not much better than Barerra.

His career would never of been over, the only reason people are saying this is because it happened to Prince Naseem, but the only reason his career ended was because of his drinking, gambling and eventual prison sentence. Khan has got a smart head on him and would never let a second loss get to him.

That's ridiculous. The doubters are not doubting Khan's ability to overwhelm his opponent with fast punches, they are doubting his punch resistance. It's not all bout knocking your opponent out, under these circumstances it would of been a lot more convincing if Khan had went 12 rounds and won convincingly on points, that's if Berrera had never got the cut, obviously.

As well as this, you said he took 4 rounds to beat a man with one eye. My point still stands, did he want to knock him out? because he never knocked him out does that mean he couldn't of knocked him out? Everyone knew the fight was going to be stopped, you even said he had blood pissing out of him. With that in mind, why would Khan want to knock him out? surely that would not show any of the improvements he's made. By boxing the way he did, he got to showcase a lot more of his ability. He knew Berrera was no longer going to pose a threat.

Gers is right, can them questions be put on the main site as guidelines to brief your self on before posting :lol:

Hatton V Pacman

Should be a cracking fight, not too sure who I fancy but obviously I want Hatton to win. It could go either way really, but as long as It's a good competitive fight I'd be happy. Hopefully Danny Williams will win tonight, he had so much potential but he was too lazy in his training which cost him a number of fights.

Hatton got battered ;|

Knocked out twice in the 1st and then knocked clean out in the second round. He didn't get up off his back for about 5 minutes, gave everyone a real scare. The more the build up went on, the less confident in Hatton I was, he was too fired up and because of that I think he forgot everything he'd learned with Mayweather. It was like watching Hatton V Mayweather all over again, only this lad wasn't fannying about with him, Ricky was just walking straight into Pacman's shots, no head or foot movement what so ever.

Looks like his lifestyle is catching up with him, the way he balloons up in weight when he's not in training must take some toll, the amount of weight he takes off his body in such short spaces of times is inhumane.

Ah well.

He got absolutely smashed, he's heading for the scrapheap now for sure. Pacquaio was just phenomenal, to his credit.

And with that one punch, the illustrious career of Ricky Hatton is as good as over.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather - make it happen! Pacman will take him!

Seen the highlights, Pacquiao is so so fast.

And with that one punch, the illustrious career of Ricky Hatton is as good as over.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather - make it happen! Pacman will take him!

What a fight that would be. I'd actually bet on Mayweather. If anyone can dismantle Pacman's ferocious style, Floyd can.

Hatton is such a prick. I'm glad he got fucked up.

Hattons been one of our best sportsmen over the past 10 year imo, he's completely down to earth, doesn't forget about his fans and to be fair to him, excluding his fights with the two best fighters around he's been a very good fighter.

Mayweather V Pacman will be a good one if he beats Marquez. I'd say Mayweather has the quicker, snappier jab, as well as the range. Pacman definitely has the better hand speed and possibly a bit more power, depending on the weight going into the fight. Mayweather is defensively the best around and Pacman would find it hard to hit him solidly imo. If Mayweather does what he did against Hatton and keeps the fight in the center and at a jabs distance he will piss it imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Tp456W04w...feature=related

He's right tbf, He should still be considered P4P imo, retired or not. He was the best P4P fighter before he retired and now he's back in the equation until someone beats him he's still the best out there. That yank asshole Biran Kenny had a right good go at him as well on a different video but I don't see how they can question Mayweather's decision to fight Marquez, the guy should of had two victories over Pacquiao tbh and he's got an entire country behind him.

Khan won on points - boxed well, good fight.

Bredis Prescott got walloped by Vasquez - Got outboxed apaprently, although one judge had him as winning which caused an outrage.

Klitschko and Haye is back on for early September - YAY!

And in case some of you did not know, legendary champion Arturo Gatti died not so long ago - R.I.P

Change of plan, David Haye is now going to fight 7 ft2 world champion Nic Valuev on 7th november, after he snubbed a fight with Vitali Klitschko.

Kahn jsut beat Salita in about 70 seconds.

Knocked him down with his first punch then just laid into him. Cruised it.

Gah.

His speed and accuracy is just too much for most fighters to handle.

Solita didn't know what hit him and didn't know how to recover.

I can see why Roach wants Khan as sparring for Pacquiao, he's the fastest and most accurate Lightweight in the world at the moment.

Same. I was hoping Salita would detroy him as well. Thank god for streaming \o/

So Khan says he wants Money Mayweather next year......can anyone see this happening?

I hope it does because I honestly believe Khan can do him on a points win if he can not get drawn in and try and throw his massive combo of punches because there is no better counter puncher in the world than Mayweather.

I reckon it will happen but I don't think Khan is ready for Mayweather for at least another 2 years. Mayweather is still one of the best pound for pound in the world, sure Khan has improved but would you say Khan now is better than Hatton when he fought Mayweather, I wouldn't. Freddie Roache will make Khan a force but right now it would be suicide on Khans career to fight the most dangerous opponent out there, Pac Man vs Mayweather should come first.