FM-View Forums
Adriano

Boxing Thread

Did anyone watch Prescott vs McCloskey? Prescott was all over him for the first 7 rounds, some how McCloskey fought back and won by a point or two by all judges. Was such an epic fight considering the press were saying how Prescott didn't have a chance in hell.

Klitschko vs Adamek was a bit shit, the KO brothers are just ridiculously dominant, Adamek was giving away over 2 stone in a heavyweight fight ffs. The ref stopped it quite late on but in fairness it could've been stopped after 5 or 6 rounds, so dominant.

Looks like Haye vs Vitali Klitschko could be on now, probably the last fight for the pair of them, Vitali called him out after his fight last night so it looks like it'll be on. Quite a premature thought but I'd be amazed if Haye took up the challenge. He got ruined by Wladimir and Vitali is the better boxer if anything... He'll bottle it IMO.

Mayweather is a massive cunt, that is all.

Won't spoil the fight if anyones going to watch it later on.

Mayweather is a massive cunt, that is all.

Won't spoil the fight if anyones going to watch it later on.

Just heard it there. Pretty shite attitude to have.

Anyone watch the Tyson Fury fight last night? Was a great advert for the heavyweight division even if the ending was controversial.

Anyone watch the Tyson Fury fight last night? Was a great advert for the heavyweight division even if the ending was controversial.

I dont think it was a controversial ending my sekf, the shots Fury landed in the round were heavy and clearly affected him and the ref could have maybe let things carry on but imo he did the right thing, roll on Fury battering Harrison I say!

Mayweather just loves tricks like that - Pacman would be the crowd favourite easily in a bout. I think it sucks what he did, but Ortiz needed to do better there too. Any professional boxer should be able to deal with those kinds of things if they are focused.

The Fury fight was too much of a rollercoaster to call it a TKO in favour of Fury. The fight was exciting and very open, anything could have happened. Still Fury did deserve the win.

Ortiz vs Mayweather was superb. Ortiz resorted to fuckery tactics, got a point deducted then had his lights outted by Mayweather, just what he deserved. The ref was as shit as usual, he shouldn't take charge of any more fights tbh. Did Cortez call the fight back on after deducting the point?

David Haye has retired then, pussy. He's sticking to his word about his 31st bday, but he's clearly shitting out of facing the better KO brother after getting annihilated by Wladimir.

After Vitali beat Adamek he called Haye out and said he'd be his next fight. Quite disappointed really.

Haye is a twat, but Chisora is going to get in shit for mouthing off and saying he will shoot him, burn him etc.

When you think they will fight?

The way the media have reported this is quite outrageous imo. There was no mention on BBC, Sky or the Guardian websites about the fact David Haye bottled Chisora, I think only the Guardian mentioned Haye swung a camera tripod and hit his own manager, after trading punches with Chisora's manager.

Chisora getting up, walking over to Haye etc with a mic is getting mentioned a lot in the media. All it was doing was calling him out, if Haye didn't throw a punch at him then it'd be "good entertainment" and setting up a future fight. Lets face it, Chisora vs Haye will be a hell of a lot more entertaining than Haye pussy-footing around VK and getting picked off again.

Chisora picked up a bottle, yes, after Haye punched him with one. He did nothing with it. If someone just glassed me I'd want to shoot them too.

Haye won't get his license back, not a chance after yesterday.

The whole spitting in the face by Chisora was bs though, just not needed. Don't mind the slap in the weigh ins, that just sold the fight, I'm almost certain that VK knew it was going to happen.

So Haye v Chisora anyway?

It also looks like Peterson is going to be stripped of his title's following his drug test failure due to use of a synthetic testosterone which was injected into his hip before Kahn fight. Shame they called it off as I'd love to have seen the re-match and whether Kahn would actually take the fight seriously this time.

Anyone watching the David Price on Sky Sports 1 now? Not heard much about Price but he reminds me hugely of Tyson Fury.

The Cobra is back.

Just watched the Pacman fight, turned it off as soon as the bell for the 12th went, see on twitter he lost ;|

HOW THE FUCK.

Boxing is so corrupt man, starting to wonder why I bother even watching it now. Don't think it's even worth it anymore. Not a single person, once again, thought he'd lost. At absolute worst they had him winning 7-5, yet TWO of the three judges had him losing 5-7... Wow.

It was pretty shocking and may yet be the final nail in the coffin for the sport. You can see that there are even Bradley fans who don't like the result if you look at somewhere like Eastsideboxing.com

I've been an avid boxing fan for a long time and I even used to regularly write articles for sites several years ago, but I find myself becoming more interested in MMA nowadays. The sport has a lot more integrity and you generally have far less instances of fighters being kept apart by promoters. Throw in the fact that MMA has a lot more action to appeal to the casual fan and it's difficult to see how boxing will ever be able to keep up. Unless something drastic happens, such as Cuba suddenly ceasing to be a Communist regime which forbids any of its superb amateurs from turning professional, boxing looks like it's done. Too many young athletes are having their heads turned by other sports, especially larger athletes, hence the fact we will probably never see a great heavyweight boxer again. If ever we do, he'll be competing in an octagon or cage.

• Like 1

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/06/10/the-timothy-bradley-manny-pacquiao-rematch-poster-was-already-made-two-weeks-ago/

Not that anyone failed to see the bigger picture, anyway.

Agree re: your MMA point. It's so much more entertaining, and you know it's not fixed. Yes you get calls some people don't accept, but nothing to the extent of boxing.

Kell Brook on atm, Tyson Fury on at 10pm - decent night.

Very good fight first up, Gavin Rees just edged it.

Came in and caught the Eubank jnr fight on channel 5. He's got a lot of potential but also a lot to work on for me.

I turned off after Fury. Another easy win against a nobody really, hopefully they start getting competitive fights else he'll get boring quickly.

The Brook fight was immense, a lot less one sided than pundits predicted. Wasn't impressed with him that much really, did okay for 4/5 rounds then not much. Jones could've won on another night.

Haye and Garcia to win tonight for me.

Khan on points and Haye on points also I think.

Haye only wanting 10 rounds is a tell sign for me, he knows how strong Chisora finishes a fight so taken off the last 2 rounds.

Taken Haye on points at 2/1, dutched it so no loss on Haye by KO, only loss if Chisora wins.

Not betting on Khan as I won't be watching live, 4am start ffs.

Edited by JohnP

Good stuff by Haye tonight, proved how much of a better boxer he is. Made 1p profit on it, yaas.

Nice to see Price has been signed up by Box Nation after being shafted by Sky. Not sure who they have left now bar Amir?

I think Haye was made to look better by Chisoras lack of punching. Why go into a boxing match not wanting to punch against someone as unpredictable as Haye. A solid performance from Haye but nothing overly great for me. Needs a lot of stamina work if he wants to beat either of the Klitchkos.

Really? I thought Chisora threw a fair number of punches, certainly hurt Haye more than most have recently. I've not seen much of Del other than his fights vs KO, Fury and now Haye. I think this was his most aggressive fight in terms of throwing. Was impressed with him, just wasn't fast enough for Haye.

As for KO vs Haye, I can't see it happening. Neither want it to happen IMO. All well and good talking about it for years, but if they both wanted it to happen as much as they say they do, it would've happened by now.

KO will keep on facing over-the-hill no hopers and looking like the best heavyweight of his era, probably then go on to be a president in Ukraine too. Haye will retire again regardless - he doesn't have a BBBoC license remember. Neither does Chisora for that matter. The make up at the end will go a long way to making sure he/they both get a BBBoC license back though.

Just watched Khan/Garcia...

Khan started well, but as soon as he took that one punch he was never gunna finish the fight. Not seen much of Garcia before tonight, but he really impressed me. First 2 rounds Khan bossed it and landed a lot of punches, but Garcia didn't really flinch. His counter punching was really impressive.

I'm not a massive fan, but the first 2 rounds showed how good Khan could be IMO. He did exactly what the pundits said he should; land 2-3 combinations and get out of there. Garcia took a lot of shots and only managed one or two back each round, but after that he just stopped doing it.

Khan - Mayweather? Don't make me laugh!

Edit - Spoilered it in-case anyone hasn't watched yet.