FM-View Forums
Adriano

Boxing Thread

Haha Khan lost, sorry but there is just something about him which I don't like, he's too...cocky.

Khan didn't lose, he got spanked. Good start but he just couldn't keep it going long enough. How long before Khan cries of something unfair and demands a rematch?

Feel for Hatton after his personal issues, but a comeback was always stupid IMO.

Just hope he doesn't get caught in a whirlwind of depression like his last two losses now. Needs to fill the void left by boxing, and I don't mean with white powder...

Edit - Talking about embarrassment and boxers... Freddy Flintoff next Friday. Say no more.

• Like 1

Feel for Hatton after his personal issues, but a comeback was always stupid IMO.

Just hope he doesn't get caught in a whirlwind of depression like his last two losses now. Needs to fill the void left by boxing, and I don't mean with white powder...

Edit - Talking about embarrassment and boxers... Freddy Flintoff next Friday. Say no more.

Hatton looked good, despite 3.5 years out of the ring. Shame he lost but maybe, just maybe, that is the wake up call he needed to call time on a career that's gone 2 fights too long!

Looked good? Really?

I know nothing about this other bloke but all the pundits were saying he wasn't a heavy puncher at all - did you see the state of Hattons face? I thought he looked good for 3/4 rounds then started to lose it. His fitness has never been the best, but he looked physically nakered after just a few rounds.

The whole piling on weight then losing it in a 10 week training camp or however long he does it for was always going to catch up with him... They said he's 34 but he looked about 44 in his face!

Yeah it's a shame when some don't know when to quit, all it can lead to is a ruined legacy, maybe depression, or even up to brain damage. He was a good fighter and still looked decent, but he took far too much punishment he didn't have to and a better fighter would have hammered him worse.

Man, that was embarrassing to watch.

Been lots of talk of a fix in the week, be interested to see what @ thinks? The last 2 rounds it didn't seem like Dawson wanted to throw a punch! 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So Fred lost the round 8-10, but won 39-38? Something smells fishy. 

Major Bump!!

David Haye fight is this Saturday, free to view on Dave (yes Dave!!). He is still advertising tickets on his twitter so it seems people may not be too fussed. As it's not PPV, may as well tune in and watch.

Anybody else doing the same?

Welp, big night for boxing last night.

David Haye wins by knockout in the first round (Glad i didn't pay to watch that one!) and Wilder also wins. The big news is Tyson Fury storming the win after and confronting Wilder. Looks like that one will happen in the future.

Some potentially massive fights this year

Personally im looking forward to Canelo vs Golovkin and possibly Haye vs Joshua, Thinking Fury will beat Klitschko again and then Unify vs Wilder many over big fights Frampton vs Quigg next month will be BIG

Some potentially massive fights this year

Personally im looking forward to Canelo vs Golovkin and possibly Haye vs Joshua, Thinking Fury will beat Klitschko again and then Unify vs Wilder many over big fights Frampton vs Quigg next month will be BIG

You think Fury will beat Wilder?

Who do you think will win out of Haye and Joshua?

i think Fury would make pretty easy work of Wilder, obviously if Wilder lands hes got serious power, but i think Tyson is clever enough and good enough to keep him off, Fury points win of late K.O. as Wilder is not really done many rounds apart from when he won the title from Stiverne.

As for Joshua Vs Haye im unsure, i would like AJ to get a few more fights under his belt before he looks to take someone on of David Haye's class, however i dont know how good David Haye is now, he looked great against De Mori but to call De Mori a bum is unfair on all the people who have been given that tag when they would have made light work of De Mori, so i also want to see more from Haye, whenever it does happen i hope AJ wins hes the future for British Heavyweights and i kind of feel Haye had his time but that being said would be a massive fight and im pretty sure with them boys it wont be going to points  :boxing:  :boxing:  :boxing:

George Groves has been promised another chance of fulfilling his world title dream this year after impressing on his comeback.

Groves stopped Italian Andrea Di Luisa in five rounds in his first fight since failing to win the WBC super-middleweight belt in September and promoter Kalle Sauerland has vowed to land him another tilt.

"There are a lot of options out there," said Sauerland. "George is a big name in this division. I think that this year, hopefully sooner than later, we will challenge for a world title again."

Groves , fighting under new trainer Shane McGuigan for the first time, did what he needed to do against Di Luisa at London's Copper Box Arena and forced him to take an eight count in the fourth before closing in for the kill.

He floored De Luisa with a left hook in the fifth and when he put him down again with a big overhand right, referee Ian John-Lewis stopped it after the Italian's corner threw in the towel.

Anyone watch it, Groves was always in control. Pretty much a mis-match tbh.

Former world heavyweight title holder Frank Bruno has sensationally announced he’s going to return to boxing.

The People’s Champion told This Morning that he would be heading back into the ring as he didn’t like being ‘mugged off’.

He told Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield: “I’ve been in the gym all the time, that’s why I want to come back into boxing.

“I’m going back into boxing as well.”

A shocked Schofield asked: “Is that a good idea?

With Frank responding: “I haven’t got a choice. I train everyday.”

He revealed: “I can’t sit down and let these so called promoters, say Anthony Joshua can knock me out in two rounds when I’m not even dead.

Bruno recently showed he is still in outstanding shape for a man in his mid-fifties when he trained with Ricky Hatton.

However, it’s highly unlikely Bruno would be able to obtain a licence from the British Boxing Board of Control, given his health history and age.

:o rly:

:doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

We joke but some small Board will give him a licence and he could get seriously hurt, its sad he needs the money obviously and these cash hungry small time promoters are offering him a pay day, i pray he doesn't get in the ring for a serious fight, its the same with Roy Jones Jr, there only going to get hurt :(

Nike has cut ties with boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao after his latest round of anti-gay comments.

The two sides have had a relationship since at least 2006 — but Nike is particularly disturbed after Pacquiao said gay people are “worse than animals” … and have dropped the boxer for good.

Oh manny - FFS

Nike has cut ties with boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao after his latest round of anti-gay comments.

The two sides have had a relationship since at least 2006 — but Nike is particularly disturbed after Pacquiao said gay people are “worse than animals” … and have dropped the boxer for good.

Oh manny - FFS

First Tyson Fury and now Manny - too many hits to the head?

First Tyson Fury and now Manny - too many hits to the head?

Both a pair of fucking morons.

Oh manny - FFS

See everyone think Mannys this good guy, the Anti-Floyd as such, atleast Floyd just slapped that bitch to get him a sandwich.....nothing major 

In all seriousness what a fucking idiot.

On the plus side this Saturday night is a fight ive personally been waiting for, for a very long time, Frampton vs Quigg, if you asked me a year ago i would have said Frampton, but i now just favour Quigg a little, picked up more momentum in recent fights and Frampton looked dodgy in his last bout over in the US.

Scott Quigg for the win!!! #TeamQuigg

Controversial heavyweight Tyson Fury unleashed a series of expletive tweets around the Carl Frampton vs Scott Quigg fight - branding it "absolute b*******".

Fury was pictured at the Manchester arena earlier in the evening supporting his cousins Isaac Loew and Hosea Burton.

But he left before the main event took place - Frampton vs Quigg - before slamming the fight on social media.

He wrote: "Big fight nearly always let boxing fans down, frampton quigg is a snooz fest through9 [sic]."

"Thousands of fans have paid a lot of money for this s***, get stuck in.

"Absolute b******* fight. Pleased I left & come home."

Frampton won on a split decision after a brutal 12-round fight in Manchester.

Fury has courted plenty of controversy of late - and threatened to shove a pen up a reporter's nose in a bizarre 'meet and greet' afternoon in Birmingham on Friday.

The world heavyweight champion also claimed to be the best boxer that Britain had ever produced in an outspoken interview, writes Mike Lockley of the Birmingham Mail .

“Someone take that pen and shove it up his nose," snarled Fury. “I’ll shove it up his a***.

“Take a picture of his face,” smirked the world heavyweight champ as he strode the room, “in case he writes bad stuff about me.”

Quite the character is the Pikey.

Tbf he is right, but that was the gameplan Frampton was always going to adopt, sadly Quigg was the let down, didn't fight his normal fight and by the time he tried it was too late.

Thank god for Eubank Snr. telling his son to just gfo for the body eh?

Could have been a lot worse than bleeding on the brain if not!

• Like 1

Thank god for Eubank Snr. telling his son to just gfo for the body eh?

Could have been a lot worse than bleeding on the brain if not!

Great call by Senior there, and what a demolishing fight. We really do have some good fighters coming through at the moment, could be a right bright future for Britain.