FM-View Forums
Adriano

Boxing Thread

Joshua - Martin this weekend, anyone watching it? Should be a good fight I reckon.

Joshua and Fury have been mouthing off at each other as well!

Tyson Fury's world heavyweight title rematch with Wladimir Klitschko is finally on.

After months of negotiations, both camps will confirm at lunchtime that the clash will happen in Manchester.

But Peter Fury, Tyson's uncle and trainer, has already tweeted that that the bout is coming to Manchester on July 9 after previously pencilling in May 7 and June 4.

Both sides were keeping the venue a secret and it is understood they considered such diverse locations as Wembley, Old Trafford, Bolton's Macron Stadium before settling on Manchester.

That means the self-styled Gypsy King is coming home to the city where he was born for his clash with former world No 1 Klitschko.

AJ did what he needed to. Now he needs Parker or Wilder to really establish himself and prove he's not a hype job. I believe he's the real deal, but still needs to beat good names to get over that tag.

I see a great unification in a year or so, Fury v Joshua. Should be a fun one!

• Like 1

95gGHIF.png

Tyson Fury  :lol:

FLOYD MAYWEATHER and Conor McGregor are on the verge of agreeing the richest fight in boxing history.

The Sun can reveal that undefeated Mayweather, considered one of the greatest boxers of all time, is set to go toe-to-toe with the UFC star in Las Vegas this summer.

Money Mayweather — currently retired with the joint best boxing record in history of 49 wins from 49 fights — is set to earn £100million in the boxing bout, while McGregor will take home £7million.

Both sides just have to agree on the purse and sign the paperwork — which sources say is imminent — and an announcement is likely to be made in the coming weeks.

A source told The Sun: “Floyd went mad after Conor said he would crush him and knock him out in 30 seconds, he’s obsessed with making Conor eat his words.

“Floyd is calling the shots. It’s strictly boxing and Conor will have to lose roughly 25lbs.

“It was agreed in principle on May 2, but Floyd wouldn’t reveal the identity of his opponent until last night when he told friends he’ll be fighting Conor.”

Anyone watch the boxing on Dave last night?

Was almost scandalous how one-sided the Haye and Briggs fights were.

Anyone watch the boxing on Dave last night?

Was almost scandalous how one-sided the Haye and Briggs fights were.

I saw it, and you're right it was silly how easy it was for Haye and Briggs. Not mush else they can do at this stage though, no one will touch them. Maybe the Haye - Briggs fight might garner some attention?

'If you even dream about beating me, you'd better wake up and apologise'

:(

• Like 1

Tyson Fury’s rematch with Wladimir Klitschko will take place in Manchester on 29 October, 11 months after their original bout in Germany.

Fury became the first boxer to defeat Klitschko in 11 years when he won his WBA, WBO and IBF belts by virtue of an unanimous decision in Düsseldorf on 28 November.
Fury agreed to fight the Ukrainian again, which meant he was stripped of the IBF title for failing to face its mandatory challenger, although an original date in July had to be scrapped after the 28-year-old picked up an ankle injury.

It has been a long road to get the two back into the ring again, with Klitschko recently revealing he intended to go to court over the negotiations of a rematch with the controversial Fury.

Finally we might get to see the rematch!

The Brook - Golovkin fight was a belter if anyone hasn't seen it, really entertaining stuff. Looks like Golovkin will be fighting Saunders next as well.

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury could be stripped of his world heavyweight titles after reportedly testing positive for cocaine.

Fury pulled out of his October 29 rematch with Wladimir Klitschko on September 23, after being "medically unfit".

It was the second time that Fury had pulled out of his rematch with the former champion, having previously withdrew from the original July 9 date with an ankle injury.

However, according to ESPN, Fury tested positive for the drug the previous day, September 22.

Fury reportedly failed a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) conducted test, with cocaine found in a random urine sample.

And today he has announced his retirement from boxing over his Twitter account.

Think it was a case of jumping before being pushed.

And just as quickly has announced he was only joking.

He's such a tool sometimes:

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has retracted his decision to retire from boxing and claimed he is "The Greatest."

The controversial boxer, who recently pulled out of his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko due to mental health issues, also aimed a shot at the media, insisting that the reaction to his retirement shows what the media is really like.

He tweeted: "Hahahaha u [sic] think you will get rid of the GYPSYKING that easy!!! I'm here to stay. #TheGreatest just shows u [sic] what the Medea [sic] are like. Tut tut."

Fury added that he would return to the ring as soon as he was better to defend, at least, his lineal world heavyweight title, no matter what the bodies do with his WBA and WBO titles.

"Soon as I get better I'll be defending what's mine the heavyweight thrown [sic]," Fury added.

:rolleyes:

For me it is a case of if not when he returns to the ring.

Tyson Fury has vacated the WBO and WBA heavyweight titles to focus on his "medical treatment".

Kind of inevitable but a bit of a shame really. Always better to see someone win the belts from somebody else imo.

Haye vs Bellew announced for 4th March next year. Will make big money!

Did anyone watch it? Myself and the lads did, shame his ankle went in the 5th as it would have made for a better fight i think. that said, hell of a spectacle to watch him carry on like he did till the 11th.

Wladimir Klitschko has warned Britain's Anthony Joshua that fighting him will be like "facing Mount Everest" when the two meet on 29 April.

The Ukrainian, 41, who lost his heavyweight title to Tyson Fury in November 2015, will fight Joshua for the IBF, WBA Super and IBO titles.

Klitschko's defeat by Fury was the Ukrainian's first loss in 11 years.

"I believe this fight is going to be the most important of my career," Klitschko told BBC Radio 5 live.

"You can climb Mount Everest in a certain period of time in the window of the year. You might make it or you might not.

"But Mount Everest is still there. So am I."

Really looking forward to this fight. I think Joshua will be too much for the old guy, but he still deserves respect!

Another Anthony Joshua fight tonight then. Expecting a relatively easy win.

Dillian Whyte and KatieTaylor are also on the undercard.

David Haye has announced his retirement from boxing after last month's rematch defeat by Tony Bellew.

The 37-year-old has decided to end his 32-fight career following the fifth-round stoppage loss to Bellew, a second successive defeat inside the distance at the hands of his British rival.

In a statement on his official website, Haye said: "Of course, my ego would have loved to have retired on a win, or as a champion.

"But, deep down, I know my effort on May 5, 2018 was the very best I had left to give. I also know that underwhelming effort revealed the truth about my current abilities in a world-class boxing arena.

"The boxing gods have spoken. They will no longer protect me with the freakish speed and power I used to possess. And without these God-given gifts, I completely lose my edge."

Don't think he was left with much choice really - you could see in the last two fights that his head knew what to do but his body couldn't keep up.