FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jez

Favourite Driving Song

What's your favourite driving song, guys?

Got thinking about this earlier 'cause I went on a bit of a random drive on Monday lunchtime, straight down the prom back to my house and Adagio For Strings by Tiesto came onto my iPod and I soon realised what a fucking beasty song it is to drive to.

That, along with Traffic and Extacy by Tiesto are fb songs to be listening to in the car IMO, as is Discolights by Darren Styles & Ultrabeat, but there's so many more too!

Radar Love by Golden Earring, Love To Love and Rock Bottom by UFO, All Nightmare Long, The Day That Never Comes and Seek and Destroy by Metallica.

Christ, there's so many. If I had to pick one though, it'd be Jude Cole - Start The Car. Not a well-known song, or artist I guess, but the way it comes in is so similar to Journey - Don't Stop Believing (which is again on the list of fb songs). It's a proper rock song.

Joe Bonamassa is brilliant American Blues music - similar to Tom Petty - that I listened to today on the way home and again, loved it.

There's certain songs that I love and play regularly in the car, but then there's these that have been mentioned that really make me enjoy driving just that little bit more. Doesn't matter if you don't drive, either...whenever you have control of the stereo in the car, be it with an iPod, CD or whatever, what do you always put on for the journey ahead - particularly on a long journey - that instantly screams out "this is a pure driving song!"?

(I have never heard of that cunt nor have even listened to the song!)

:lol:

I'm not driving yet (should start this half-term ;| ) but have already organzed a driving-esque playlist. Its mainly just my favourite trance/house/chillout anthems (so am not sure if it will be best suited for driving but anyway), and its entitled 'The'. Its so fb it doesn't require anything else :D

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/c.../other/gs-1.jpg

Thought I've since added Robert Miles - Children to it. Its barely started but still pretty good nonetheless.

I've just made a playlist of 144 songs with a bit of everything on it! :lol:

Incidentally, I can't wait for the summer. Driving 'round in the scorching heat, windows down, Hate It Or Love It on really loud. :wub: Was THE song we listened to all through college when we'd go for a drive at dinner on a boiling hot day and it's just the perfect summer anthem for me!

I won't take a screeny of it 'cause it's a big playlist, but it's fb. Makes me want to go for a drive now tbh ;|

I don't drive yet, not 17 until october.

However, I have an inkling that driving to Blood Sugar by pendulum would be fb, also Master Of Puppets along with the S&M orchestra would be class :D

I listen to a bit of everything tbh when i drive, but my fucking CD player isnt working atm so i can listen to fuck all /o\

Depends really, when I've got my wee sister/brother in the car then I tend to let them decide which in turn causes a lot of arguments. When I've got the lads in then we crank it up obv! Then when my Mums in the car I piss her off by playing Tiesto etc. Is class :P

Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell, full album version.

If your on a good road (bypass etc) and you know the song well enough, you know when to push the speed up a bit from 50 :P

Thought it has got me into trouble in the past :D

You'll find that a lot of the dance tunes are pretty savage for driving playlists as well as some of Oasis and The Verve.

I personally love it when I hear Adagio for Strings, Cigarette's and Alcohol, and Bittersweet Symphony come on. Darude - Sandstorm is another class one.

Is the Adagio for Strings you guys are on about a remixy thing, or what?

Heavy songs make me drive like an idiot, (good) classical music makes me not concentrate on the road.

Basically, me plus music equals dangerous.

Aye, I've got both the classical version of Adagio For Strings, and the Tiesto one and tbh, I prefer the dance version. It's fb. But that made me drive like an eejit!

Can't remember what it was, but I was listening to one song yesterday, just as I turned onto the start of the Promenade in Cleveleys to come home and before long - just going up to the top of a hill towards a bend, I was already doing 45 ;| Hate driving down t'prom 'cause that in itself makes you WANT to drive like an eejit! \o/

I can't go anywhere without music. Be it 5 minutes up the road to the shop, or in the car. First thing I do when I get in the car is plug my iPod in, select a song/album/playlist and then start up the engine! Without it, I go insane.

Ready Steady Go by Paul Oakenfold is an awesome driving song. Anything by Chris Rea is pretty good too.

I've currently got Hot Fuss by The Killers and 'What's The Story Morning Glory?' by Oasis as the two albums I'm listening to whilst driving at the moment.

Simply has to be the following, when that solo kicks in man...