FM-View Forums

Just wondering. Would be nice to talk to someone about it :P

How good are Altringham?

Don't know their proper name, but I go ice skating at their ground, so I support them ;|

Rink Tommy, not ground! :lol:

I am a partial fan. I have always bought the NHL games on the Mega Drive and Playstation. I also keep up to date with the latest goings on at the Devils. Don't know much other than that though. I'm yet to buy NHL 2009 so my knowledge on American hockey this year is slack!

What do you know about it Reynaldo?

Conry ALWAYS watches it, gave me a link to a feed for the one game, I really don't understand the rules.

It used to be on ESPN here, not much anymore as we migrated to being ESPN Mexico/Argentina. I think i lost interest mostly because of the strike. Though i do follow the Rangers every now and then :P

I am a partial fan. I have always bought the NHL games on the Mega Drive and Playstation.

ffs Zabier, you're showing your age :lol:

I'm a member of the Boston Bruins Cybear Club! :D

Me and my mates used to do a 5 player NHL season. Some proper golden moments in that. Our pinnacle was when we were 4-2 down against Detroit Redwings in the Stanley Cup Semi Finals deciding game number seven with just 1 minute left. We had a face off and my mate Jon flicked the puck back, I did a one-two pass with his brother Tim and shot in off the post. We then continued to pressure Detroit before having a face off in their half. With just 7 seconds remaining Jon flicked the puck back again and I slap shot the son of a bitch into the top right hand corner to make it 4-4. We went schiz. We then scored soon into over time and went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Moments like that made my childhood. :)

All I know is the Sheffield Steelers are pretty handy.

ffs Zabier, you're showing your age :lol:

I had a Megadrive when I was younger, I'm 16 :D

Rink Tommy, not ground! :lol:

I am a partial fan. I have always bought the NHL games on the Mega Drive and Playstation. I also keep up to date with the latest goings on at the Devils. Don't know much other than that though. I'm yet to buy NHL 2009 so my knowledge on American hockey this year is slack!

What do you know about it Reynaldo?

I play Ice Hockey, so follow the NHL and elite league quite closely. Penguins fan I am :)

NHL games on the Playstation were immense if you could get another 4 people to play. Don't follow it much myself tbh.

I play Ice Hockey, so follow the NHL and elite league quite closely. Penguins fan I am :)

Ah yes, my mate supports them. He started liking them back in the Jaromir Jagr and Mario Lemieux days. I'm just looking at the top 100 NHL players of all time. It brings back some memories.

Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Mark Messier, Ray Bourque, Paul Coffey, Patrick Roy, Jaromir Jagr, Chris Chelios, Eric Lindros and Steve Yzerman.

Personally, I've been a fan of the Boston Bruins for ages now. I used to like the LA Kings back when they had Wayne Gretzky, Luc Robitaille, Rob Blake and Tomas Sandstrom. However, it was when I started playing as Boston Bruins on NHL97 that I started to support them.

The likes of Joe Thornton, Ray Bourque and Sergei Samsanov were awesome (saying that, I always used to trade Samsanov when I started a Bruins game!). The fact they've not won a Stanley Cup since 1972 also appeals to me.

I'm buying NHL2009 tonight, that's it! :D

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Simple as that for me folks.

Followed them for as long as I can remember now, its a shame the NHL tops are expensive in this country or I'd have more :D

My only real interest in NHL is that Elisha Cuthbert is going out with a Flames players.

Anyone read what Sean Avery (her ex) said about them going out?

It was so fb \o/

I've been to one Ice Hockey match when my Uncle got free tickets in Blackburn. It was fb from what I can remember ;|

Think I've watched ice hockey a few times at the winter olympics or something :lol:

Played NHL 2k7 too once when I borrowed a 360, was fun :D

Tempted to get the new one but I'm short on cash atm

Strange how everyone who has seen/played a hockey game loves it. Yet no one follows hockey in the UK

Strange how everyone who has seen/played a hockey game loves it. Yet no one follows hockey in the UK

Well I like the game because you can hit people hard and stuff :D

If it was on TV I'd probably watch it, watched the Superbowl :P

*cough* internet, and they show highlights on sky sports once a week?

Don't have Sky Sports :(

Like I said, I follow Cardiff Devils roughly but to be honest the standard of British hockey is pretty poor compared to the NHL. I'd say a similar comparison is MLS to the Premiership. I once went to a Sheffield Steelers versus Nottingham Panthers game. The Steelers dominated but that's when they were awesome in the 90s. I haven't ever really got to see the Devils because I used to swim on a Sunday night and now I play football. We're stopping out Sunday football though so I might start going.

Well I like the game because you can hit people hard and stuff :D

If it was on TV I'd probably watch it, watched the Superbowl :P

I remember my first experience of NHL95 was my female cousin (then aged 10) smashing my player into the boards and knocking my helmet off! I've never lived that down. She's from Ystrad Mynach... it's to be expected!

Should travel up to a Cardiff, Newcastle game ;)

Red Wings fan am I.

I know they're like the best team (arguably) but when you have not much to base your decision on with regards to who to follow you go for things like 'colour of uniform' and 'the fact a team has a player you've heard of' . Detroit play in red (hi, I'm a big Man Utd fan) and I'd heard of the great Sergei Fedorov so I followed them.

This season's Red Wings team is awesome; Hossa has been a great addition, Datysuk is a legend and players like Lidstrom and Zetterberg make us a frigtening prospect come the play-offs. Back-to-back cups here we come.

Wont get back to back ;) Sharks or pens me thinks :P

Should travel up to a Cardiff, Newcastle game ;)

It would be a cheap excuse for a piss up in Newcastle! :D

Red Wings fan am I.

I know they're like the best team (arguably) but when you have not much to base your decision on with regards to who to follow you go for things like 'colour of uniform' and 'the fact a team has a player you've heard of' . Detroit play in red (hi, I'm a big Man Utd fan) and I'd heard of the great Sergei Fedorov so I followed them.

This season's Red Wings team is awesome; Hossa has been a great addition, Datysuk is a legend and players like Lidstrom and Zetterberg make us a frigtening prospect come the play-offs. Back-to-back cups here we come.

To be honest a back-to-back Redwings title wouldn't surprise me. They've only strengthened their team. I am still haunted by the deadly duo of Sergei Federov and Steve Yzerman from back in the day!

Next season you should :D I'll come talk to you :lol: