FM-View Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Juno

FM-View Introduction

V is for Football Manager...V is for FM-View!

Welcome to FM-View, a Sports Interactive Affiliated fan-site for the worldwide phenomena that is Football Manager.

Throughout our little corner of the World Wide Web, you will find all sorts of things to tickle your fancy as you try to steer yourself clear of the John Barnes approach to football management, in an effort to become “The Special One”.

Not only that, there's a wealth of discussion to be involved in – which we'll get to in a second.

First off though, you'll notice that some of us have these funky Red/Purple/Blue/Orange tags underneath our username when we post. All that means is that we are simply here to help you guys get what you need when it comes to Football Manager (or a multitude of different things!).

administrator.png

These are the guys in charge. If there's any issues with regards to how the forums are performing for you, any issues with the main site, content or if you have something which any other member of staff hasn't been able to remedy for you, these lads are your saviours. Don't be afraid to put your ideas forward for improving the site to an Admin, either. They'll take suggestions on board, discuss them with the staff and who knows, your idea may become a defining feature of FM-View in the future!

fmmod.png

We're here to discuss Football Manager, right? The FM Discussion section is your place to let off steam about that refereeing decision that cost you the Champions League Final, or to boast about your latest victory. If there's anything you want to see in the FM sections that you can't already, then by all means, let one of the FM Staff know. They've got expertise from across the board, from the latest graphical downloads, to technical know-how.

offtopic.png

Everyone likes to blow off steam once in a while. From talking about how your day has been, to the latest signature and avatars; your favourite TV show to the latest going's on in the world of REAL-LIFE sports, this is for you! The Off-Topic staff are here to help you enjoy yourselves with contests, forum mini-games and a whole lot more. If you've a suggestion for a new contest then these lads are your first port of call, likewise if you're after a new signature or avatar, just post in the relevant thread and one of our dedicated Graphics bods (and there's a few!) will do their best to provide you with some graphical goodness to show off around the forums whenever you post.

qxjtrr.png

This is a new group of dedicated members whom have entrusted themselves with the unenviable task of coming up with ideas for features and content for FMV10 in time for the release of FM10 come October (assuming the release of the game is mid-October). There's some very interesting things in the pipeline in terms of unique content that will be revealed before long (God knows we've been alluding to it for long enough!). They have enough experience between them to make the coming months exciting for everyone on the site and if you have an idea that could help FM-View build towards FM10, this is your time to get your point across to these guys.

There's also a number of different unique competitions and forum-wide contests going on across FM-View which we hope will not only get you posting on the site, but will also enhance your enjoyment of the Football Manager series as a whole – we're just lovely like that! We also reward you with little goodies handed to us by Sports Interactive themselves – a Football Manager pint glass, FM “Top Trumps” cards and a pad for writing down your tactics have been some of the prizes given away for different challenges in the past few months.

Managerscore;

Those of you familiar with the XBox Live “Gamerscore” will be all too aware of the concept behind FM-View's Managerscore contest. For the rest of you who aren't (probably the PS3 crew!) it's fairly simple to pick up and get scoring. There's a number of categories within the Managerscore Forum and Sub-Forums and they're separated into “Local”, “National” and “World Class” achievements based on different difficulty levels – e.g. having a player win the “Signing Of The Season” award will gain you 3 points towards your total, while doing the Quadruple (4 major domestic cups) will earn you a delicious 20 points. Simples (God bless those meerkats!).

R-League;

Exclusive to FM-View, forum member Terminal's brainchild is one of the most in-depth off-line Football Manager competitions across the “Scene” (as it is so called) featuring 18 teams, an in-depth draft and a downloadable game for anyone to play along with. It's a mammoth task to run – and due to other commitments (y'know, real life stuff...whatever that is!) unfortunately Terminal has had to give up the parental rights to his child. If you'd like to adopt it and perhaps take it to the next level, why not let us know? The game this time around is already uploaded with a graphics pack as well so if you're looking to take it on, or even just play around for fun looking towards FM10, then go ahead, it's actually pretty fun!

Official Challenges;

Every month – or there abouts – a new challenge is concocted and is posted on the forums for everyone to get involved and compete with each other on the same playing field to see who really is the dog's dangly things. Managerscore points are on offer, as well as those beautiful prizes that we have mentioned and ultimately it's a bit of fun to compare the relative successes – and failures – that we'll all no doubt encounter when trying to out-do each other at the same time! It's the best way to get back into Football Manager, particularly if you've lost interest or are struggling to find a team to go as when starting a new game.

Current Games;

While it's not exactly a challenge as such, think of it as a place to document your relative successes and inevitible failures on the game that have just made you curse your luck in a dedicated thread to your very own game in a very popular part of the forum. People will follow your game as you set it out in whatever way you like - a newspaper column, a mock website about your team featuring graphics etc or quite simply just a thread where you outline your goals for the season, discuss previous fixtures and your latest bargain buy and multi-million pound sale - and they'll give their advice on how you can improve or if there's a sticky spot that you find yourself in; resign, or not to resign, take on a bigger club or carry on bringing success to the minnows and alike. It's highly recommended and can even increase the longevity of your game if you know that other people are interested in how you are doing!

Hopefully this has been of some help to you and we'll see you posting around the forums getting to know everyone here. Don't forget, if there's anything you want to ask - no matter how stupid you might think it is, just ask!

The FM-View Staff Team

Credit goes to Jez for this fantastic piece

• Like 1

Who is the current owner of FM-View? A quick response will be appreciated. Thanks.

Cookie

Niniev ;)

JackHammer! Your still around? Good to see you lad. Dunno if you remember me from the forum during 2007-2009. Anyways, which is the owner of FM-View - Niniev or Cookie? :huh:

Nin.

Cooke has been running tings round here for years.

JackHammer! Your still around? Good to see you lad. Dunno if you remember me from the forum during 2007-2009. Anyways, which is the owner of FM-View - Niniev or Cookie? :huh:

I am, you sound familiar but I just can't quite remember

Me. I'm Spartacus.

Me. I'm Spartacus.

No. I'm Spartacus!

And I'm his good friend Jesus!

I did it for the Rock.

I did it for the Rock.

It was me Austin, it was me all along!

• Like 1

It was me Austin, it was me all along!

singing "it is me you're looking for?"

I'm having thoughts of usurping this mutha fucka...

• Like 1